The Student Room Group

What would you do if you met a burglar in your house?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
We were burgled a couple of years ago, they were escaping out of the back door/back window as I was coming in through the front door.In all honesty I dont know what I'd have done of I had actually caught them. I voted that I would scream on the poll though.
People are saying physically attack but I doubt they would in reality. I spose it depends on the height and build of the burglar
Reply 22
Ask him if he was looking for Kenny.
We need another option on the poll; I'd **** myself!
I heard about a woman who came downstairs one night to find a man in her house stealing her expensive vintage wine. She invited him to sit down and have a glass and they ended up getting married.

I'd do that. It'd be a great story to tell people when they ask how you met.
I have an iron bar in my room handy. I wouldn't attack but I would threaten it, and perhaps if necessary do it. If he had a gun, then he wins.
Original post by lizlaz350
I heard about a woman who came downstairs one night to find a man in her house stealing her expensive vintage wine. She invited him to sit down and have a glass and they ended up getting married.

I'd do that. It'd be a great story to tell people when they ask how you met.

Yup, definitely a credible story there!
Original post by Reflexive
Yup, definitely a credible story there!

Hahaha, granted, it might not be true. I wish I could remember where I heard it...
Reply 28
Kill them
Reply 29
I would do a TEMPA T. NEXT HYPE.
I'd call him a ****. Burgulars have feelings too.
It depends, if there were violence I would "faint". If i saw them when I went in the front door I would walk straight back out again and hide/phone the police, failing that I would give in to demands.
Reply 32
If they were threatening me then I doubt I could do much to them physically as I am a weakling. However I would not scream and insist that they left. If they would not leave then I'd try and run for my phone and call the police in a locked room. If that's not possible I'd ring the door of a neighbour and seek help or using their phone. I would not run but they were armed then I would have no choice. The most valuable thing worth stealing in my house is probably my PS3 anyway!
(edited 13 years ago)
Adopt a stance like this:

And then jump out the window meaning that I can flank him from behind and hit him with a frying pan.
Reply 34
I think I'd panic and scream. I remember as a kid we were all in the front room in the evening and someone opened the back door. My dad went straight to it and confronted this man who claimed the door had 'just opened'. He panicked and soon scarpered. Idiot. This didn't phase me at the time because I was really young and didn't really know what was going on. I just remember my dad being angry...
Kick 'em in t'goolies...if they were male.
Reply 36
If they were stealing my mums CD collection I'd give 'em a hand.
Depends on the burgular tbh. If he/she was hench and violent, I would give into demands and try to run away screaming like a little girl. If I thought I could handle him, I'd knock him/her out, call the police and let them deal with them.
Original post by Madjackismad
Adopt a stance like this:

And then jump out the window meaning that I can flank him from behind and hit him with a frying pan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHmLtiai_IE
My dog would probably sense his presence, and bite him in the balls.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending