Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

DAY X: Biggest Student Protests Ever - Be There!! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Maybe of these students wanted to make a real point they would donate money for the policing cost and clean up cost?
    LMAO and what 'real' point would that be? Perhaps that we support state funded murder?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HECMVdl-9SQ

ReputationRep:
    I know the next big protest is December 12th. Maybe that's the day of the vote

sounds interesting, I'm actually kinda tempted to go, I don't think the governments' actually gonna change their plans on student fees but y'know just to be there in support
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucklefiend)
    LMAO and what 'real' point would that be? Perhaps that we support state funded murder?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HECMVdl-9SQ
    :facepalm2:

I love that your so ignorant that you think the actions of one cop count as the actions of an entire state.

I allso add that no autopisiey managed to work out what killed him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    :facepalm2:

I love that your so ignorant that you think the actions of one cop count as the actions of an entire state.

I allso add that no managed to work out what killed him.
    :laugh: He was smashed with a baton so hard he was knocked to the floor and died minutes later from internal bleeding. I don't think you need to be Colombo to figure out that the police officer/state employed thug caused his death. And I would like to add that the expert witness in this case changed his statement months after the event.

I have been to many protests and seen first hand the violence of the police. I chose this event to highlight police brutality because it is an infamous and revealing example of the kind of behavior I have seen from police several times. Many riot police officers are simply thugs in a uniform, not all, but many.

One of us is ignorant, but it's not me.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: He was smashed with a baton so hard he was knocked to the floor and died minutes later from internal bleeding. I don't think you need to be Colombo to figure out that the police officer/state employed thug caused his death. And I would like to add that the expert witness in this case changed his statement months after the event.

I have been to many protests and seen first hand the violence of the police. I chose this event to highlight police brutality because it is an infamous and revealing example of the kind of behavior I have seen from police several times. Many riot police officers are simply thugs in a uniform, not all, but many.

One of us is ignorant, but it's not me.
    Again no autopisey proved the cause of death. Therefore anything you think you saw or any theory you think you have is meaningless. Your ignorant because you have an opinoin on something you know nothing about. Have you done an autopsies on the man? No then all your speculation about his death is as meaningless as any other unqualified person.

You again seem to think that one officer who was in the wrong represents every cop. The police is a very large orgniseation and you will always find a minority of thuggish ********'s but don't judge the entire forced based on your view of one over hyped media circus event.

ReputationRep:
    It's funny isn't it how the officers in these incidents, and those who are investigated over deaths of people who die in police custody usually end up getting away with it, thank **** they don't have guns.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi8FLHCKG2g and part 2 are a great watch.

On topic: seems like the next one is the day after my birthday, not sure I'll be in the right state for it. Have fun those that do go, someone give a police man some verbal abuse for me!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah- we'll show them, grrrrr.

lolno,joke I'm gonna watch it on tv or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Again no autopisey proved the cause of death. Therefore anything you think you saw or any theory you think you have is meaningless. You[']re ignorant because you have an opinoin on something you know nothing about. Have you done an autopsies on the man? No then all your speculation about his death is as meaningless as any other unqualified person.

You again seem to think that one officer who was in the wrong represents every cop. The police is a very large orgniseation and you will always find a minority of thuggish ********'s but don't judge the entire forced based on your view of one over hyped media circus event.
    I'm no longer going to bicker with you over this. You can't even spell and use basic grammar.

A man was smashed to the floor with baton - minutes later he was dead. I don't need to perform an amateur autopsy to reach a reasonable conclusion and doing so, based on the video evidence, doesn't make me ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    Jokes.
    But lets be realistic.
    There will not be 250,000 students.
    If its even 100,000 I'll be amazed.

That's practically half of all students isn't it ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)
    250,000 students? :lolwut:

Isn't that about a third of the total?
    Yes I believe it is, shows how misguided these proposals are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erebos)
    Well I'm glad the poll-tax protestors weren't as defeatist as you. The right to protest has been and will continue to be an important tool for progressive change. It gives ordinary people a chance to make their voice heard.
    u really think our voices will be heard? think again. u know what, quote me back if fees have lowered.....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oasis Jnr)
    u really think our voices will be heard? think again. u know what, quote me back if fees have lowered.....:rolleyes:
    good job martin luther King didn't listen to people like you

you're basically saying, " don;t stand up for what you believe in, let your future be decided by a bunch of rich co ck suckers who do not give a fcuk about anything else apart from them selves and the wealthy business interests"

they're about to take your education money from you, they've already stolen your retirement money forcing you to work longer for less, and they're in the process taking your social security money...all for themselves

ReputationRep:
    I'm there.

ReputationRep:
    I believe the students are doing a good thing, and now it's time for other groups in this country who are also getting fcuked by this failed/failing economic system to rebel

The unemployed
    VAT payers(everyone)
    taxpayers funding never ending wars

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crimsonchilli)
    Jokes.
    But lets be realistic.
    There will not be 250,000 students.
    If its even 100,000 I'll be amazed.

That's practically half of all students isn't it ?
    :lol:

Overall there are approximately 2,400,000 students in UK universities, and some 545,000 of these are studying postgraduate programmes.

http://www.postgrad.com/editorial/uk_pg_students/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bookmark)
    :lol:

Overall there are approximately 2,400,000 students in UK universities, and some 545,000 of these are studying postgraduate programmes.

http://www.postgrad.com/editorial/uk_pg_students/
    fair play, it seems my quick googleing gave me the number of new students this year not the total

ReputationRep:
      I've also been to several protests and I've seen a hell of a lot of people instigating fights against the police, then having a go when the police retaliate.

ReputationRep:
      So temmmmpppptteddd!
      what day is it?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Oasis Jnr)
      lol yeh ur rite. y suld ne1 listen 2 da ppl hoo voted dem in lololololol. dat wuld mayk no seynse........ it wud be lyk.. democr-.. darn 4got wurd soz.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.