Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2011 film thread - What are you hyped for? Hotly anticipate films? Watch

(Original post by Guvnor)
    The new Bourne movie , if there is one, I've heard rumours but yeah if it comes out then thats what I'm looking forward to
    The Bourne without a Bourne movie? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hp 7 pt 2 :woo:

ReputationRep:
    The one I'm most looking forward to is Sucker Punch.

It looks like classic Zack Snyder action set in a host of ridiculous contexts, acted out by a sexy but strong cast, epic visual effects and it all looks set to be rolled into one giant mindf***.

There's not that much more I could want in a film of this nature tbh!

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter (What can I say? I'm HP's no.1 fan!)
    Zombieland 2 - I love Jesse Eisenberg. So. Much.
    X-Men
    Transformers
    Rio (It looks quite good )

ReputationRep:
    Black Swan, I see a lot of Oscars coming out of this film

ReputationRep:
    what have good movie in 2011?

(Original post by 33. panda)
    what have good movie in 2011?
    Check the posts in this thread (above you).

ReputationRep:
    Breaking Dawn part 1 :woo:

Harry Potter part 2

Is it 2012 when the next Pirates of the Caribbean come out? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    From Bedrooms to Billions, which is coming out in April I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Check the posts in this thread (above you).
    thank!!!

ReputationRep:
    Spy Kids 4 as well is supposedly coming out next year

Yogi Bear the animated movie... (oh my go-)

The Final Destination (Final Destination 5, August 2011) - I find it amusing they're making sequel after sequel called the final destination, guess it's never going to actually end then? But the plot seems fairly interesting, it's also cool that they're bringing some old characters from previous films (I think it's like 1 or 2 minor characters, as fans of the films' would happily point out that all the main characters die by the end of the films anyway haha)

Want to bring up Pirates of the Carribbean on stranger tides - I'm sure it'll be another hit, with good acting, a decent story and a good combination of humour, drama etc like the previous 3 films but reading the synopsis - it's still a bit meh, the story doesn't seem as interesting or necessary, it seems pretty irrelevant in the whole timeline of POTC but whatever, we'll see how it turns out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    I'm sure it'll be another hit, with good acting, a decent story and a good combination of humour, drama etc like the previous 3 films
    You're joking right? The story of the third film was awful, it existed solely to set up a fourth film.

ReputationRep:
    Harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    You're joking right? The story of the third film was awful, it existed solely to set up a fourth film.
    I wish I was joking, pointless and unecessary sequels from huge franchises, like Pirates of the carribbean always gross at least $150,000,000 domestically

Most filmgoers probably won't be checking the internet for the plot or the story, most probably don't even know there's a Pirates of the Carribbean 4 coming out next year, they'll hear about a new installment coming out with Cap'n Jack reprising his role and go to see it en masse

It's just such a huge franchise and even if it gets' slated by reviews, it's going to gross highly. Its almost inevitable

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was joking, pointless and unecessary sequels from huge franchises, like Pirates of the carribbean always gross at least $150,000,000 domestically

Most filmgoers probably won't be checking the internet for the plot or the story, most probably don't even know there's a Pirates of the Carribbean 4 coming out next year, they'll hear about a new installment coming out with Cap'n Jack reprising his role and go to see it en masse

It's just such a huge franchise and even if it gets' slated by reviews, it's going to gross highly. Its almost inevitable
    Oh no, I'm positive it will make more money than the GDP of most middle-sized countries... the bit you shocked me was where you said they all had "decent stories". The third one is garbage.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNFME...layer_embedded

Take me home tonight - out March 4th 2011, starring Topher Grace! Yes, how awesome, I've thought about his absence in big budget films recently and thought it was a shame, as well as Anna Farris and Michelle Trachtenberg so a pretty solid cast to be fair

Looks really funny and Tophers' dead pan delivery and comedic acting should make I work, completely missed this film though. 2011 really has some killer films coming out

Oh and a great looking film. The Eagle

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi54565145/ - Set during the ancient Roman empire, in Britain about the legendary 3rd legion of Rome that supposedly dissapeared or got defeated in Scotland on an mission there. starring Channing Tatum and Jamie Bell (the other Jumper guy in Jumper if you remember him), he's a hotly tipped actor and has gotten great reviews for some of his roles

I think he's really talented as well, quite a varied and expressive actor, maybe Channing Tatum isn't as expressive but he's still a good actor but yeah, set during ancient Rome, Jamie Bell being in it, sword fighting. Awesome

ReputationRep:
    Thor, Trailer - May 2011
    http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi26843161/

Oh my actual gosh, it looks freaking amaaaaazing, could easily contend for one of the best films of 2011, ridiculous cast there, I didn't even know Natalie Portman was in it... action looks great, so do the visuals, the story itself is really good

Can't. Wait.

ReputationRep:
    I Am Number Four - February 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP6zhpST3Ro - looking good. Reminds me of Jumper and Push combined with a touch of Race to witch mountain as well

ReputationRep:
    looking good. Reminds me of Jumper and Push combined with a touch of Race to witch mountain as well
    What about that sounds in any way good to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    What about that sounds in any way good to you?
    Lol so in terms of visuals and action at least, I am number four will be good, it looks better than Jumper which is a good thing, fair enough Jumper isn't the greatest Sci Flick in recent years but it was interesting enough, had a good enough plot but not good enough acting, the characters weren't flehsed out and the ending was a bit of a cop out and didn't seem to be thought through that much

I like Push and I'll defend it continually, the story's so engaging and attention grabbing, as are the visuals and SFX, I thought it was a unique take on the 'Mutant people with powers are outlawed and hunted down' story, it's very well acted, you can't deny that, Chris Evans, Dakota Fanning and Djimon Honsou put in great performances, as well as Camilla Belle.

I honestly don't get why Push got such bad reviews and has a bad reputation it's not even that bad

Race to Witch Mountain was a cheap, family entertainment film, I haven't heard that much criticism or complaining about it, so people should take it for what it is, Dwayne Johnson makes up for the lack of depth in characaters and the acting.

Not a fan of any of the 3 I assume

*Anyway you've got a solid and overall good film with Push, an entertaining feel good film with Race to Witch Mountain and a rather lackluster one with Jumper, taking elements from all 3 and adding them to an original film with a new take should be a good thing, imo

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.