Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mir3a)
    yes thats true, which year are you in? Content in FP3 and FP2 are far beyond that of C3 and C4.
    ok thanks, im in 1st year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenP91)
    FP1 is easy. Very easy.
    Your sig is sikkkkkk

FP1 is easy. Very easy.
    How easy? (In other words, how fast could you expect someone to learn it from stratch?)

(Original post by sohail.s)
    as the above poster said, its easy

im doing the same route as yoU : C1 C2 M1 FP1 D1 S1

finished C1/FP1 already - easiest maths you'd ever do at a lvl - c2 is not much harder than C1 (seen most of it before since i did additional maths in year 11)

in order of difficulty heres my view (easiest to hardest) C1<FP1<M1<S1<D1<C2
    LOLWUT? You think M1 is easier than S1?

How? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilyking)
    hey there, I'm close to finishing off C2 and I'm not going to lie.. some of the content does get quite tricky from time to time. I'm also taking f.maths (side-by-side route - C1, C2, FP1, M1, S1, D1).

I hear that FP1 is exactly like C1 e.g. easy concepts, questions asked in a direct manner etc, is this true?

how difficult would you say C2 is compared to FP1?

thanks
    Hey mate, errmmm here is what i thought, (i finished AS and now doing A2 so)
    C1 is by far the easiest, then it would have to be C2, then FP1, then S1 then M1 for me.... i hate Mechanics sooo much lol C3 is harder than FP1 however i think that if you understand C3 well, C4 should be easier mate.... dont worry about it, i do further maths and when i did C1 and C2 assessment tests in class i always got like less than 50% but in the actual exam i did fine, just do lots of past papers, over and over again ^^

good luck!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by im so academic)
    How easy? (In other words, how fast could you expect someone to learn it from stratch?)

M1 IS easier than S1 tbh.

ReputationRep:
    FP1 is easy. Very easy.
    :rofl: I love your sig

ReputationRep:

Very quickly, this year im just doing further maths since i did the whole maths a level in lower sixth and i have already covered FP1, FP2 and the vast majority of FP3.

M1 is easier, especially if you did additional mathematics at GCSE.

(Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    M1 IS easier than S1 tbh.
    (Original post by scurrry)
    Very quickly, this year im just doing further maths since i did the whole maths a level in lower sixth and i have already covered FP1, FP2 and the vast majority of FP3.

M1 is easier, especially if you did additional mathematics at GCSE.
    I'm liking this a lot. :smug:

I get the impression that it can be learnt within two weeks? (Since I learnt S1 in 3?)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm liking this a lot. :smug:

I get the impression that it can be learnt within two weeks? (Since I learnt S1 in 3?)
    This might sound contradictory, but while M1 is easier, S1 is easier to learn. The concepts in S1 are pretty easy to grasp and the hardest thing is probabilty, whereas the concepts in M1 take a bit of time to get used to.

If you're really good at maths then I'd say that you could probably do M1 in 3 weeks.

ReputationRep:

C1 could be learnt in a matter of days (if you did additonal maths and gcse maths) - i completed the whole book in just under a week to consolidate my leearning

FP1 could also be done within a week (say 4 hours a day ) the content is fairly new with a bit of pure maths from C1 but overall easy to learn,understand and remember

Why do i think M1 is easier than S1? Hmm, i didn't do statsat gcse so its fairly new, i only started S1 last week so new content will need getting used to, as for M1 - i do AS physics and theres LOTS of overlap, M1 is logical and if you can draw a decent diagram the answer usually flyes in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilyking)
    hmmm not really 'hard' actually, just tricky. And I was told that you can't sit FP2/3 until you have sat C3 and C4, is this true?
    false, you can sit FP2/FP3 only in june though most teachers wont teach you FP2/3 till you;ve actually covered C3 and C4 since the content in FP2/FP3 relies on you to have done C3/4, since 2008 when they changed the specification further maths can be done alongside a lvl mathematics, which means you can start FP1 at the same time as C1 but its still recommnded that you have knowledge of C1/C2
    same for FP2/FP3, it is recommended you have knowledge of C1/2/3/4 but most teachers usually do C3/C4 alongside FP2/3 or just teach you what you need to know from C3/C4 (mostly differentiation and integration stuff anyways tbh)

ReputationRep:
    How can people think that M1 is harder than S1? S1 is the easiest thing I have ever done in my life. FP1 is not particularly difficult, but it is harder than C2.

D1 is extremely pointless and useless, better off doing M2/S2 or something similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sohail.s)
    as the above poster said, its easy

im doing the same route as yoU : C1 C2 M1 FP1 D1 S1

finished C1/FP1 already - easiest maths you'd ever do at a lvl - c2 is not much harder than C1 (seen most of it before since i did additional maths in year 11)

in order of difficulty heres my view (easiest to hardest) C1<FP1<M1<S1<D1<C2

^^^ i agree with this however i would definately say that M1 is harder than S1 and D1 and C2!!! ... but it all depends on how good at mechanics u are .. most people i know found it hard! and ive taken it as one of my as modules.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to dig up an old topic!

I was just wondering, with a basic foundation of knowledge of the FP1 content established, how much revision would you think a (reasonably bright) individual would need to reach an A in it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.