Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughylolly)
    Anyone else applied for the Headstart FOCUS maths courses??

And has anyone else got a reply yet? I applied back in November... still nothing back.
    I'm going to be applying but the deadline is Feb 18th. Also, you won't receive anything until March I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thrug)
    I'm going to be applying but the deadline is Feb 18th. Also, you won't receive anything back until March I think.
    Oh cool!

And alright... I was just starting to get a little worried.

Edit:
    Just got a reply today after emailing them. Offers do come out in March =)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else applied for the Headstart FOCUS maths courses??

And has anyone else got a reply yet? I applied back in November... still nothing back.
    Yup I applied for a Headstarts Maths Course Put Bath as my first choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah0sarah)
    Yup I applied for a Headstarts Maths Course Put Bath as my first choice.
    I think I put Durham first then Bath. I was on the website the other day and I couldn't see the bath one on the course list anymore which got me a little worried.

ReputationRep:
    I think I put Durham first then Bath. I was on the website the other day and I couldn't see the bath one on the course list anymore which got me a little worried.
    Ok, that is a little worrying. They don't remove the courses if they are full do they?
    I might email them asking about if that course is cancelled...

ReputationRep:
    Ok, that is a little worrying. They don't remove the courses if they are full do they?
    I might email them asking about if that course is cancelled...
    I emailed them about a week ago asking if they had received my application and I also asked bout the bath course not being on there but they didn't come back to say anything about the bath course. Although, they did receive my application.

They might remove them if they are full, I'm not sure. Offers aren't being given out till March though.

ReputationRep:
    I emailed them about a week ago asking if they had received my application and I also asked bout the bath course not being on there but they didn't come back to say anything about the bath course. Although, they did receive my application.

They might remove them if they are full, I'm not sure. Offers aren't being given out till March though.
    I know :[ I hate having to wait :P Hm, that's strange, maybe that means they're not sure. If you ever find out would you mind letting me know?

ReputationRep:
    I know :[ I hate having to wait :P Hm, that's strange, maybe that means they're not sure. If you ever find out would you mind letting me know?
    Yeah, sure. =)

ReputationRep:
    ahh thanks you guys! that helped a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yokabasha)
    really gd experience, you'll meet some really decent people, however don't choose a general/broad based course cos the content was sh*t did absolutely nothing, choose a specific one.
    ahh okayy damn i think i chose general though! cos i wanted to look specifically at electronic/electrical but they didnt ave any unis offereing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Estelle123)
    ahh okayy damn i think i chose general though! cos i wanted to look specifically at electronic/electrical but they didnt ave any unis offereing it
    even though i knew i wanted to do mechanical engineering, i went on a general course and loved it! it confirmed my choice and met some amazing people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRavenclaw)
    im applying this year ! when is the deadline ?|
    have you got any offers yet? i got a letter today saying i got an offer from surrey which isnt too bad though it was my 4th choice

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Bristol Broad-base just today

ReputationRep:
    i got an offer from imperial today too, is this the only offer i'll get? it was my second choice after oxford and now i look at the course at imperial i think i might want to change to warwick, but i think i get charged £40 for it :/ anyone know for sure if you get more than one offer or if you get sharged if you ask to change to a uni lower down your choices?

ReputationRep:
    The offer they give you is the only one.

I got a place on the Durham one for maths Which was my first choice

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for broad-based engineering at Loughborough- my 2nd choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snakemaster01)
    i got an offer from imperial today too, is this the only offer i'll get? it was my second choice after oxford and now i look at the course at imperial i think i might want to change to warwick, but i think i get charged £40 for it :/ anyone know for sure if you get more than one offer or if you get sharged if you ask to change to a uni lower down your choices?
    yh i know u only get only one offer so if u want to change to warwick you will probs have to ask them if there are any places available at warwick and give up ur offer for imperial what date does it say you have to confirm ur space?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else recieved an offer? I'm starting to get worried that I haven't been contacted and other people are getting their offer on here. If I don't get a place I'm screwed as applying to uni will be even more competitive next year and I won't have anything good to write about on my PS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tingle8)
    I got an offer for broad-based engineering at Loughborough- my 2nd choice
    Me too! Should be good fun, I'll see you there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vedderfan94)
    Anyone else recieved an offer? I'm starting to get worried that I haven't been contacted and other people are getting their offer on here. If I don't get a place I'm screwed as applying to uni will be even more competitive next year and I won't have anything good to write about on my PS.
    you should have been told like beginning of march? i got a letter on like the 6th saying i got an offer from surrey n i had to accept by the 16th march so hopefully u should get a letter soon

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.