ps3 or xbox? Watch

ReputationRep:
    xbox positive:
    best for online experience
    can be hacked to play fake games if u cant afford games
    xbox controller voted better
    more games are made for xbox than ps3

ps3 positive:
    much more power thus showing a better graphical perfomance with no lag (but ofcourse developers are making more games for xbox than for ps3 so this point is neglected)
    ps3 move is cheaper than xbox kinect
    you dont have to pay to play online (not sure but thats what i heard)

================================ ================================ ==========
    personally:
    if you like shooters than i will recomend xbox since games like halo and gears of war dont come for ps3
    my frnd cory :xbox all the way i just find it more comfortable to play the graphics ,gameplay
    and the style

while
    my other friends think ps3 is better because they think that ps3 processor power is better than xbox(which i dont think is true ) and that ps3 can play blue ray while xbox cant and feel that they will rather play cod on ps3 rather than xbox (which is wrong cod is better in xbox as the online experience is way better)

to conclude i will say this is a never ending discussion and you should get what your friends have and what suits your gaming style
    i have an xbox360 btw
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    my boyf prefers his xbox cos he has more people to play with

ReputationRep:
    I have both. Get an Xbox. Much better gaming experience whereas PS3 is better if you want to watch high def films.

ReputationRep:
    I decided to get a 360 for christmas just for several reasons, the controller i love, Halo which i loved the 1st game on the original xbox, wanna play the rest. I have friends with 360's and live.

*No i dont need Bluray my PC is capable of playing blurays

Just get what your friends are on, or which consoles has games / exclusives you prefer more.

(Original post by asking)
    my other friends think ps3 is better because they think that ps3 processor power is better than xbox(which i dont think is true ).
    Your friends are morons, the 360 has 3 cores clocked at 3.2Ghz, whilst the PS3 has 1 core clocked at 3.2Ghz with 7 SPE's (NOT 7 SEPERATE CORES) which enables it to offload gpu load to the CPU.

Hardware wise the 360 is superior apart from the missing bluray drive.

Not to mention games that are cross platformed, on both consoles are originally designed for the 360 then ported to the PS3 which doesnt utilise the PS3 hardware the SPE's. But the future is most likely with the PS3 with its bluray disc to store more content. Although some companies are wanting to get rid of discs and make it all DLC.

Both consoles are expected to be succeeded by their new replacements in 2015, so for now either choice is worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spexzzz)
    Your friends are morons, the 360 has 3 cores clocked at 3.2Ghz, whilst the PS3 has 1 core clocked at 3.2Ghz with 7 SPE's (NOT 7 SEPERATE CORES) which enables it to offload gpu load to the CPU.

Hardware wise the 360 is superior apart from the missing bluray drive.

Not to mention games that are cross platformed, on both consoles are originally designed for the 360 then ported to the PS3 which doesnt utilise the PS3 hardware the SPE's. But the future is most likely with the PS3 with its bluray disc to store more content.

Both consoles are expected to be succeeded by their new replacements in 2015, so for now either choice is worth it.
    Every single bit of that is complete ****e. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyWannabe)
    Every single bit of that is complete ****e. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
    Care to tell me why

ReputationRep:
    Just get a PC.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.