Kettling :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Bump-purely for exposure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    I'll be there :wink2: ...

but there better not be any of this again:

Kettling :facepalm2:
    Last protest was better than that one, the police struggled to kettle must of us, though some got kettled in Trafalgar Sq.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovedubstep)
    We will not accept 80% cuts on university funding whilst other departments have much smaller cuts. We will not accept a tripling of university fees, no matter how fair the repayment system is. We will not accept such extortionate fees whilst students in Wales, Scotland and mainland Europe will have much cheaper fees. The government has the funds to keep fees as it is, as much as Cameron denies it.

The official university thinktank Million+ believes that these changes to the fee system will even damage the economy moreso.

http://www.millionplus.ac.uk/press/t...r-to-pay-paul-

9th December has been announced as the day the parliamentary vote on fees will occur. It has been dubbed as X-Day and will be a large peaceful protest in Parliament Square. Please come.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=136567579732280
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondshavemorefun)
    No.
    I don't get your username, Blond-shave-more-fun ?

Edit: Forget what I said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ussumane)
    I don't get your username, Blond-shave-more-fun ?
    Blonds have more fun, tried lots of others when I signed up but they were all taken. Kinda got this one by mistake lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondshavemorefun)
    Blonds have more fun, tried lots of others when I signed up but they were all taken. Kinda got this one by mistake lol.
    :rofl: my bad

ReputationRep:
    I wish i could go but i have school then work.

ReputationRep:
    Last protest was better than that one, the police struggled to kettle must of us, though some got kettled in Trafalgar Sq.
    Trust me, I'm aware. :wink2:

Problem is, a lot of the people who resisted kettling- the ones who were running got arrested. (50ish people I believe).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    Trust me, I'm aware. :wink2:

Problem is, a lot of the people who resisted kettling- the ones who were running got arrested. (50ish people I believe).
    Apparently 146 people got arrested just in Trafalgar Sq. simply because they refused to leave :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently 146 people got arrested just in Trafalgar Sq. simply because they refused to leave :eek:
    Frickin' ridiculous how over excited the police get when one person lights a flare.

There were GSCE students there who weren't allowed to leave till 8:30. :facepalm2:

I also hate the way the media keep say '30 police officers went to hospital' when they go in for things as minor as a broken finger- which was mostly caused when they tripped after rugby tackling a student.

ReputationRep:
    I am amazed at people's attitudes that we should never protest and just sit back and accept whatever happens.

Even if you disagree with the protests, surely you see that it is a good thing people are DOING something, not just sitting and whining. If nobody ever spoke up against anything then whoever holds power will just walk all over you.

I find it bizarre when you get some people who disagree with the cuts and yet can't be bothered to do anything other than moan about how unfair it is. To the argument that it is wrong to skip studies to protest against these things. A few hours out of your studies to speak out against something which will have repercussions for years to come seems a very reasonible use of time. Not to mention the fact that people probably waste a few hours over the course of a week doing unimportant things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atheistwithfaith)
    I am amazed at people's attitudes that we should never protest and just sit back and accept whatever happens.

Even if you disagree with the protests, surely you see that it is a good thing people are DOING something, not just sitting and whining. If nobody ever spoke up against anything then whoever holds power will just walk all over you.

I find it bizarre when you get some people who disagree with the cuts and yet can't be bothered to do anything other than moan about how unfair it is. To the argument that it is wrong to skip studies to protest against these things. A few hours out of your studies to speak out against something which will have repercussions for years to come seems a very reasonible use of time. Not to mention the fact that people probably waste a few hours over the course of a week doing unimportant things.
    Ditto.

ReputationRep:
    Well i wonder how many professional protestors will turn out for this one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.