Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Like a girl I hardly know... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by finestory)
    Do what I'm too afraid to do with some guy I barely know but fancy the hell out of and point blank ask for her number or ask her out for coffee (:
    Really? I might just go for it...

Her mobile number's on her profile, should I just take it and text her or ask first? I'd feel a bit bad just springing a surprise text on her...but then again I love random texts like that so I don't know if she'd mind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    You were helpful in the tread I made yesterday, I hope you don't mind me quoting in here for more advice please! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bananas01)
    Ok, so basically I met this girl at a Chemistry practical thing, where the two schools were put together to do a series of experiments, about 1-2 weeks ago. I met this girl and, to be honest, only talked to her a wee bit and she seemed nice.

That was that, and we returned to our respective schools (we're both in the last year). My friend added her on Facebook, so I thought what the heck and added her too. She then wrote on my wall saying hi and we spoke a couple of times on Facebook chat.

The thing is that I hardly know her and I think I'm beginning to "like" her. she lives and goes to a school 12 miles away though.

What should I do?
    Chat to her a bit more, then one day when its going well drop into the conversation that it would be nice to see her again, try and judge whether she seems keen or not, and then leave it a day or two.

Then next time you chat to her, just ask her straight out if she wants to meet up. You should probably have a range of feasible options planned out that she might like. Seeing as you're not old enough to simply go out for food and drinks (which is what most 20 somethings would do in this situation), I would suggest something like going ice-skating or the cinema. I also assume you can't drive, so I would find somewhere you can get to on a bus or train, as nothing looks more lame than having your parents pick you up. You shouldn't hit on her or attempt to grope her boobies, but than maybe a hug and a kiss on the cheek when you say goodbye would be appropriate, and you should get a read as to her feelings from her response.

Simply asking her if she wants to meet up is not the same as "asking her out". The fact that she is talking to your on fb means she is at least a little keen.

Any advice on how to keep the conversation running?
    Just tease her about how rubbish she was at Chemistry or something (obviously make it clear that you're only joking) and try to make her laugh. And ask her questions. For some reason girls seem to love being asked questions about their various likes and dislikes. Keep it casual, jokey and friendly Don't say anything creepy, like "you have lovely eyes :sexface: ".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bananas01)
    Really? I might just go for it...

Her mobile number's on her profile, should I just take it and text her or ask first? I'd feel a bit bad just springing a surprise text on her...but then again I love random texts like that so I don't know if she'd mind?
    I'd ask her first, otherwise it's like you've gone out of your way to find her number and that isn't cool. Plus, people love being asked for their numbers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drumzilla)
    worked for that guy in the thread, might be worth a shot

i don't see why you can't just ask her to the cinema or something?, do you drive?
    hahaha you're sig is amazing.

"It's for my boyfriend"
    "**** You"

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.