Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

POLL: Most Annoying Football Player ? Watch

• View Poll Results: Most Annoying Football Player ?
    Steven Gerrard
    2.60%
    Cristiano Ronaldo
    38.96%
    Luis Suez
    3.90%
    Mario Balotelli
    10.39%
    David Villa
    1.30%
    Wayne Ronney
    12.99%
    John Terry
    9.09%
    Nani
    10.39%
    Emmanuel Adebayor
    10.39%

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I don't find Cole annoying, he's got talent. He works hard during Chelsea match, he laps the pitch about 2000 times during a game.

ReputationRep:
    Rio Ferdinand!

or Joey Barton, or anyone else like Joey Barton that are both a thug on and off field. But more so Joey Barton. What a ****

...maybe Vidic, ergh

ReputationRep:
    For me, apart from a few mentioned on the list (I love Suarez), it would have to be a lot of the crap players who play for good teams. They remain successful despite having little talent.

I can't believe Drogba hasn't been mentioned. At times he is able to run through brick walls, but at other times he will fall on the floor with no justification. Based on tonight's performance, both Balotelli and Jo deserve to be up there. Jo spent a long time on the ground - the replays showed nobody had even come close to touching the face he claimed had been struck. Balotelli dived when through on goal and certain to score, trying to get the man sent off rather than score a goal. He also didn't celebrate his first goal, which is very irratating. I hate Man City, but I am coming at this from a football lover's angle. Someone who doesn't celebrate their goal (apart from against old clubs, or your fifth goal against lower opposition, which a lot of the big teams seem to do) comes across as cocky and arrogant and looks like they couldn't care less. I want the players in my team to play as if the game means life and death to them, like it does to the fans.

Walcott and Lennon are annoying because they have consistently shown that they have very little ability, and no outstanding attributes other than speed, yet still play regular first team football for two top teams. It makes no sense that players who struggle to kick the ball accurately over long distances have made it as professional footballers. They also appear to be in a prolonged state of confusion (shoot/pass/cross) and end up cocking up altogether.

I have also recently discovered a disliking for Pascal Chimbonda. I like Allardyce and I trust his judgement, but I can't remember ever seeing a first choice seasoned professional play for Blackburn and be so useless, and not even care. Hopefully it is just a bad spell because I remember I thought he was good when he was at Wigan, but based on what he has done so far this season, I think it may be more effective to build a snowman and put a blue and white shirt on it.

ReputationRep:
    Also Iniesta and a lot of the Barcelona team. Despite their obvious brilliance and heaps of skill, despite their dedication and determination, despite their loyalty and their unresounding effort, I still think they are wussbags.

Get up, shut up, and stop pretending it hurts.

ReputationRep:
    or

2 dirty players. *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cestvrai)
    I don't know, I don't find Cole annoying, he's got talent. He works hard during Chelsea match, he laps the pitch about 2000 times during a game.
    He's not really a problem on the pitch...

ReputationRep:
    SERGIO BUSQUETS. Can't believe nobody has mentioned him yet. If you think Ronaldo and Suarez are bad divers, Busquets is far worse. See Inter vs Barca CL Semi second leg for proof, and the gif where he does peekaboo. Utter ****, epitomises what I hate about the Barca diving culture.

Another irritating point is that commentators always go on about how his game is so "mature". He can sit back, defend and pass the ball. Well tbh it's not that hard to pass the ball along the ground in that position for probably the best team in the world. If diving and playacting like that is mature, I'll be ****ed.

/busquetsrant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cestvrai)
    Steven Gerrard
    Cristiano Ronaldo
    Luis Suárez
    Mario Balotelli
    David Villa
    Wayne Ronney
    John Terry
    Nani
    Emmanuel Adebayor

For me its Suárez, he so aggressive on one side yet dives like a girl.
    1) Busquets.
    Also Barton and De Jong. From that list though, Suarez.

Edit:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    SERGIO BUSQUETS. Can't believe nobody has mentioned him yet. If you think Ronaldo and Suarez are bad divers, Busquets is far worse. See Inter vs Barca CL Semi second leg for proof, and the gif where he does peekaboo. Utter ****, epitomises what I hate about the Barca diving culture.

Another irritating point is that commentators always go on about how his game is so "mature". He can sit back, defend and pass the ball. Well tbh it's not that hard to pass the ball along the ground in that position for probably the best team in the world. If diving and playacting like that is mature, I'll be ****ed.

/busquetsrant
    This! I don't really mind Ronaldo seeing as so many people hate him, but nobody seems to say a thing about Busquets.

Also, half the Spanish national team. /shrug

ReputationRep:
    John O'Shea is perhaps the most talentless player in the premier league and still earns £80k a week, it makes the blood boil!

ReputationRep:
    Suarez. Disgusting player. I hate cheats anyway, and I still get pee'd off about his handball in the World Cup, but when you show so little care for your actions even though it's blatently clear that you're in the wrong... that's just wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Damien Duff

ReputationRep:
    Nani and his cursed backflips etc

Why is David Villa there?

imo, its ronaldo.

(Original post by milkytea)
      He can sit back, defend and pass the ball. Well tbh it's not that hard to pass the ball along the ground in that position for probably the best team in the world.
      While I don't really like Biscuits myself, to say that it is an easy job just to pass the ball along the ground is a bit short sighted. Barca are probably the best passing team in the world, and if you can't pass to a certain level, then you tend to stick out from the rest of the squad.

ReputationRep:
      Bendtner.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by S-man10)

imo, its ronaldo.

While I don't really like Biscuits myself, to say that it is an easy job just to pass the ball along the ground is a bit short sighted. Barca are probably the best passing team in the world, and if you can't pass to a certain level, then you tend to stick out from the rest of the squad.
      I kind of find him douchey..since the world cup...i saw him slap another player and not get booked for it...and when he celebrates its all him (not all the time though)

ReputationRep:
      Suarez. I know the majority of footballers bend the rules to a certain extent but he just takes it too far. And I've seen that bite. It left a serious mark. Such a ****.

ReputationRep:
      Christiano Ronaldo.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by S-man10)

imo, its ronaldo.

Yeah I know he is a good player ability-wise in reality. I just struggle to see the good in him because I hate his attitude so much. :/

ReputationRep:
      If Lionel Messi was to play against the team I support (York City) then I would find him pretty annoying.

ReputationRep:
      The "obese" wayne rooney...
      a.k.a Shrek

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.