Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ex wont return my things :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ok my ex ended it with me, i didnt want it to finish but he did. end of sob story.

I gave him back all the things i had that belonged to him within a few days, i just didnt want them in my room because it hurt so much....

he has two things of mine; one very personal to me and another very valuable to me, i have asked via letter and email for them back, my friend even asked him for me - so i know he knows i want them back - and offered to pass the items between us so we didnt have to make contact...but it has been two weeks and he hasnt given my things back

why is he keeping them? i know he has had hundreds of chances to send them back, i dont understand, if he wanted to end everything between us why wont he just stop being so unfair?? i know he's already moved on, and that he's doing fine, i hear enough reports and rumours that tbh i would rather not know. Am i asking a great deal? just my things and then zap i wont bother him again... i cant keep begging what do i do??
    you don't have to be nice anymore. go to his crib and confront him, along with some back-ups

ReputationRep:
    My ex still has my teddy bear that I had since I was small. Cruel world. I know how you feel :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trooper6)
    After giving this a little more thought;

I think I would be inclined to call him up and ask him when he will be home so that I might come by and collect them.

If he is not agreeable to that then;

I would contact the police as they will often assist people involved in a domestic dispute (which is what this is) recover items belonging to them.

The small claims court may be an option, but, what happens when he stands up and testifies that he doesn’t have possession of them? Do you have a witness to verify that he does? Once you start involving the courts there are some cost involved. You will need to find out how much that is and then make a determination as to whether it is worth the cost.

The least threatening approach is always the best.
    the police don't give a **** about two little objects, to them its not domestic abuse. My cousin (he's a police officer) is sick of pointless calls to settle minor conflicts that wastes their time

ReputationRep:
    Go and see him in person. Be grown up about it! Does he live with his parents? Go when they're in, and tell them you've come to pick up your things, and hopefully your ex will be to embarassed not to give your things back to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    the police don't give a **** about two little objects, to them its not domestic abuse. My cousin (he's a police officer) is sick of pointless calls to settle minor conflicts that wastes their time
    I'm sure it's dependant upon your location. Where I'm at a girl can get a lot of assistance from the police by just walking up to one and discussing the situation with them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it's dependant upon your location. Where I'm at a girl can get a lot of assistance from the police by just walking up to one and discussing the situation with them.
    not really, its the same across the country regardless of location

(Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Go and see him in person. Be grown up about it! Does he live with his parents? Go when they're in, and tell them you've come to pick up your things, and hopefully your ex will be to embarassed not to give your things back to you.
    doesn't live with his parents :/ we go to the same uni (and come from the same home town) so we live in student houses like half hour apart..obviously his house mates will support him if he doesnt want to let me in etc i dont blame them for that at all...why would he keep my stuff

ReputationRep:
    Stop being a push over and go and get your stuff ffs.

ReputationRep:
    If it's underwear he's probably sniffing it whilst fapping. Inbetweener style.

(Original post by M Loy is God)
    If it's underwear he's probably sniffing it whilst fapping. Inbetweener style.
    ha. right. it's not underwear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    not really, its the same across the country regardless of location
    Don't know which country you're in but in this town the police are always willing to help a young girl.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know which country you're in but in this town the police are always willing to help a young girl.
    i'm in wales, but originally from england.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.