Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can AMericans call Bush stupid? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Wot u get is wot u choose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    What makes it irrational? Especially as it has known members, and even Obama has acknowledged them, as well as the Council for Foreign Relations. Don't see what freemasons have to do with this.
    By that logic so should yours, because I've suggested examples of what he has failed to do.
    http://www.moveleft.org/obamas_promises/index.html

That's your opinion, I didn't even scratch the surface on it's corruption tbh. No point in trying, once one has got their solid views, only they themselves can change it.
    You're implying that it somehow controls world politics, which is preposterous.

The freemasons are another group historically accused of manipulating affairs behind the scenes.

Have you? I missed them, apart for your brief mention of the Wars in the ME. Fact is, he was committed to a war by his predecessor, and to back out would have been more damaging than to finish the job.

But I agree, I can see you are steadfast in your opinions and I certainly am not going to be convinced by them so lets not waste any more of each others time.

ReputationRep:
    *Meekly raises hand*

I was 10 during his first election (which is hotly debateable) and 14 when he was reelected. I voted for Obama at 18.

Don't blame me.

...but I apologize on behalf of my countrymen and women.

ReputationRep:
    it's kinda funny how everybody hates Obama now because of how not-doing-what-he-said-he-would he's being. Hello? He doesn't have autocratic power and whatever he wants to implement still has to go through the Senate and the House and all the old geezers in there who are Republican (they have the slight majority now I think) are going to stick their nose up at everything he does.

So yeah, it's not entirely his fault that nothing's getting done. Not entirely ... but then again, he's a politician. What else did you expect? lol.

Also, I don't think Americans should forget that Obama basically made your country look a lot more appealing to the rest of the world. When he was elected President, the whole world was celebrating. Isn't that a good thing kind of? Not worth the Peace Prize though, but still a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit silly to say that anyone who votes for Bush is stupid, there are so many different reasons.

The Iraq war is a big thing, however it was not the be all and end all of his two terms as POTUS.
    Aside from the fact that he had a lot of power and influence, as well as all the states that are traditionally Republican, in both occasions his opponents were not that great.

Especially in 2004 where the democrat nominee was John Kerry, which I think was a disastrous choice. The Democrats really could have done a lot better.

What with John Kerry's Vietnam record being called into questions so often, and what with him having no vigour or life in him, he just wasn't a great choice so it's no wonder Bush got re-elected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ex curia)
    Wot u get is wot u choose
    What a piss poor contribution to the thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    Also, I don't think Americans should forget that Obama basically made your country look a lot more appealing to the rest of the world. When he was elected President, the whole world was celebrating. Isn't that a good thing kind of? Not worth the Peace Prize though, but still a good thing.
    If by the rest of the world you mean Europe (which, being that you have a chronic tendency to present yourselves as the collective globe, you certainly do) then no. We don't care what you think. In fact, the Nobel Prize/Berlin/etc ordeals went down horribly with the electorate. We think being friends with you is just a waste of time, frankly.

I'd rather Obama be doing something productive. Like with India. Which he has been... So we're all set Stateside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dzeh)
    Hes totaly serious you guys
    Who the **** is that in your sig? :coma:

ReputationRep:
    The Germans voted for Hitler, and pretty much all of them would call him worse than stupid now. Are you suggesting that they shouldn't do this?

ReputationRep:
    Majority of Americans don't really have a grasp of politics, Americans themselves openly acknowledge this.

Statistics and surveys show that majority of Americans are unaware of many of the policies and differences between the political parties.

Bush has/had a very strong following in the southern states and that probably helped him quite a bit, but as for the rest of them voting for him...I have no idea. I like to think they voted for the party and its policies and not the party's leader Bush, or maybe Americans think a politician like Bush is the right guy for a job that involves leading the largest economy and most powerful superpower.

Either way, I've never believed their self-proclamation of being the 'greatest democracy in the world'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plymeth)
    If by the rest of the world you mean Europe (which, being that you have a chronic tendency to present yourselves as the collective globe, you certainly do) then no. We don't care what you think. In fact, the Nobel Prize/Berlin/etc ordeals went down horribly with the electorate. We think being friends with you is just a waste of time, frankly.

I'd rather Obama be doing something productive. Like with India. Which he has been... So we're all set Stateside.
    I'm not European, and I wasn't talking about Europe.
    I'm Asian, from Southeast Asia.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.