Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If the dad from The Day After Tomorrow can make it to New York I'm pretty sure you can hike to Oxford/Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    You chat ****
    Excuse me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rogercbinboy)
    If the dad from The Day After Tomorrow can make it to New York I'm pretty sure you can hike to Oxford/Cambridge.
    LOL but didnt he work in arctic? He was probably better equiped than I

ReputationRep:
    Just had such a hilarious mental image of all us applicants emerging from the distance during snowfall after trekking to be interviewed, with a cheeky strut, all holding books and wearing spectacles, with hardcore triumphant music in the background.

WE ARE SURVIVERS, YO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluidity)
    just had such a hilarious mental image of all us applicants emerging from the distance during snowfall after trekking to be interviewed, with a cheeky strut, all holding books and wearing spectacles, with hardcore triumphant music in the background.

We are survivers, yo.
    lets do it xd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    lets do it xd
    Yes! I'll grab my boombox. aha

ReputationRep:
    I went to my mock inteview at Shrewsbury School almost exactly like that today! ( I am from the local sixth form)

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry -- they don't interview you outside. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluidity)
    Yes! I'll grab my boombox. aha
    Hopefully we wont run into any hungry wolves!

ReputationRep:
    do you want to go to Oxbridge or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    Hopefully we wont run into any hungry wolves!
    Oh gosh, this journey seems more treacherous than one had previously thought.
    *scuttles away and drinks tea in the warmth*

ReputationRep:
    From Cambridge Website:

Interviews and Adverse Weather Conditions
    If you are unable to travel to Cambridge to attend your interview due to the adverse weather conditions, you should contact your College as soon as possible to discuss the possibility of rescheduling it.

Applicants are advised that they should not travel to Cambridge if it is dangerous to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluidity)
    Oh gosh, this journey seems more treacherous than one had previously thought.
    *scuttles away and drinks tea in the warmth*
    *passes round the biscuits*

ReputationRep:
    I got a message from Eurostar today, advising me to cancel my trip :cry2: They're still running though, so I'll just go to the station as planned and see what happens...

If was planning to go from London to Oxford by train, but would it be safer to try and get a bus? Does anyone know which is most likely to be operating?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambs)
    I got a message from Eurostar today, advising me to cancel my trip :cry2: They're still running though, so I'll just go to the station as planned and see what happens...

If was planning to go from London to Oxford by train, but would it be safer to try and get a bus? Does anyone know which is most likely to be operating?
    I'm not sure how London is, but there is no snow here in Oxford, so hopefully both will be running as normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdmundB)
    I'm not sure how London is, but there is no snow here in Oxford, so hopefully both will be running as normal.
    That's good to hear. Hopefully my train from Leeds with arrive relatively on time

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.