The Student Room Group

What happens if it snows during Oxbridge interviews?

Scroll to see replies

If the dad from The Day After Tomorrow can make it to New York I'm pretty sure you can hike to Oxford/Cambridge.
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
You chat ****

Excuse me?
Original post by Rogercbinboy
If the dad from The Day After Tomorrow can make it to New York I'm pretty sure you can hike to Oxford/Cambridge.

LOL but didnt he work in arctic? He was probably better equiped than I :tongue:
Reply 23
Just had such a hilarious mental image of all us applicants emerging from the distance during snowfall after trekking to be interviewed, with a cheeky strut, all holding books and wearing spectacles, with hardcore triumphant music in the background.

WE ARE SURVIVERS, YO. :tongue:
Original post by fluidity
just had such a hilarious mental image of all us applicants emerging from the distance during snowfall after trekking to be interviewed, with a cheeky strut, all holding books and wearing spectacles, with hardcore triumphant music in the background.

We are survivers, yo. :tongue:

lets do it xd
Reply 25
Original post by Pheebs1201
lets do it xd

Yes! I'll grab my boombox. :biggrin: aha
Reply 26
I went to my mock inteview at Shrewsbury School almost exactly like that today! ( I am from the local sixth form)
Don't worry -- they don't interview you outside. :rolleyes:
Original post by Fluidity
Yes! I'll grab my boombox. :biggrin: aha

Hopefully we wont run into any hungry wolves!
Reply 29
do you want to go to Oxbridge or not?
Reply 30
Original post by Pheebs1201
Hopefully we wont run into any hungry wolves!

Oh gosh, this journey seems more treacherous than one had previously thought.
*scuttles away and drinks tea in the warmth* :tongue:
Reply 31
From Cambridge Website:

Interviews and Adverse Weather Conditions
If you are unable to travel to Cambridge to attend your interview due to the adverse weather conditions, you should contact your College as soon as possible to discuss the possibility of rescheduling it.

Applicants are advised that they should not travel to Cambridge if it is dangerous to do so.
Original post by Fluidity
Oh gosh, this journey seems more treacherous than one had previously thought.
*scuttles away and drinks tea in the warmth* :tongue:

*passes round the biscuits*
Reply 33
I got a message from Eurostar today, advising me to cancel my trip :cry2: They're still running though, so I'll just go to the station as planned and see what happens...

If was planning to go from London to Oxford by train, but would it be safer to try and get a bus? Does anyone know which is most likely to be operating?
Reply 34
Original post by Ambs
I got a message from Eurostar today, advising me to cancel my trip :cry2: They're still running though, so I'll just go to the station as planned and see what happens...

If was planning to go from London to Oxford by train, but would it be safer to try and get a bus? Does anyone know which is most likely to be operating?

I'm not sure how London is, but there is no snow here in Oxford, so hopefully both will be running as normal.
Reply 35
Original post by EdmundB
I'm not sure how London is, but there is no snow here in Oxford, so hopefully both will be running as normal.

That's good to hear. Hopefully my train from Leeds with arrive relatively on time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending