Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got mine for approx £2300 recently after saving up for a loooooong time (17 inch pro- I configured it to have iWork pre-installed before ordering + chose 2.8GHz as well as apple care). I spent all that money and I'm not disappointed. I really like iWork - it is much better than Mac Office. Go for it!

EDIT: I'm a college student

ReputationRep:
    I use open office and I think it's fantastic (and fantastically free)

ReputationRep:
    I use iwork and have loved it - it takes getting used to, but so does the mac combared to any windows laptop anyway! Personally, I would wait until June until you do get your Macbook Pro, as then you can get all the student treats, you'll no doubt be offered the new ipod touch and if an update does come out, it will be before then! Macrumours suggests waiting as there is usually an update between March and June yearly

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.