Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niahshw)
    Hi, I have applied for childrens nursing and its my 1st choice too.
    have you heard anything yet?
    I have got an interview on the 7th march.
    Hey i have an interview next monday too for the same course but i have to travel and stay over night on Sunday as I come from South Wales. What about you? how are you getting there?

I can't wait im nervous but excited! haha :afraid: :bumps:

wb my names Jasmine btw

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Aeronautical Technology and have accepted it has an Insurance! Have got Sheffield Hallam as my Firm but wouldn't mind studying at Stafford either! Got a post offer applicant day as well later on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JazzyBee1603)
    Hey i have an interview next monday too for the same course but i have to travel and stay over night on Sunday as I come from South Wales. What about you? how are you getting there?

I can't wait im nervous but excited! haha :afraid: :bumps:

wb my names Jasmine btw
    scrap that... i have had to change the date of my interview for March 31st as the trains aren't running on Sunday.....strikes haha... let me know if anyone if coming to this one? wahhoo

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Network computing BSc and Network computing BEng (basically the same thing), and I've received an offer for the BSc but not for the BEng for some reason - same grades but meh.

ReputationRep:
    The course i wanted has been withdrawn. I called and they said it was because a lack of funding, so I've had to apply again for the 3 year computer games programming course that they offer and now fund my first year tuition fees. Also applied to Cardiff and Southampton though for games development. Hopefully i'll get accepted somewhere even though I have a HND and not the UCAS points requirement.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, last year they did a straight up MEng of Networking(cheaper for the student), but now they don't. I'm assuming it's because of lack of funding. Saying this, according to one of my teachers, they spend £9K/student/annum for network computing, so it's quite easy to see how they are under funded. Sadly, I'll have to do a masters now through money made(hopefully) from the placement year

ReputationRep:
    I applied through UCAS extra for philosophy, ethics and society. Got an offer the next day for 240 UCAS points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tilahlouise)
    I applied through UCAS extra for philosophy, ethics and society. Got an offer the next day for 240 UCAS points.
    So lucky :O I'm not in extra since my original application was just for one choice and then I had to pay for the other 4 when the my original course was withdrawn, but I sent those other 4 choices on the 27th of March and haven't heard anything again.

ReputationRep:
    Just got my offer from my interview on 26th March, 280 points for Computer Games Design, just gotta decide between Staffs and Tees for my Firm.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone wanna know anything about Staffs, give us a message,
    im going into my 2nd year in September so if youve got any questions, social life/uni stuff/halls etc give us a shout!
    Stevie-Leigh

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if any of you have any idea about my offer. It says
    This offer is subject to you obtaining
    A minimum of 280 UCAS Tariff points including

GCE A level
    240 points

40 points may come from AS levels
    Does this mean that if I undershoot my 280 UCAS points from my 3 A2's that I can get upto 40 from an AS I've gotten in another subject to make up for it, or does it not work like that because of my 3 A2 levels? I've been told that they usually just take your 3 A Levels, just wondering if this is an exception to that general rule.

ReputationRep:
    280 points will usually be a BBC offer, or three C's at A2 and another C at AS level (240 + 40 = 280). I suppose in any case all the points from everything you do should be counted, ideally.

Then again, this is not really relevant to me because I'm getting full A-Levels out of all 5 of my chosen subjects, plus any more I get from my graded music examinations and Extended Project. I have no AS levels 'cos I never dropped any subject before starting A2 - mind you, I am NOT recommending this to anyone else, especially with the subjects I have!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ricb321)
    I have no AS levels 'cos I never dropped any subject before starting A2 - mind you, I am NOT recommending this to anyone else, especially with the subjects I have!!
    I'm glad I dropped one of my 4 AS's. Note everyone, A level Physics is F***ING HARD!!!

ReputationRep:
    Going to Staffs in September (grades permitting) Will be on the Computer Games Design course

ReputationRep:
    I am also on a gap year and have an uncomditional offer for childrens nursing at stafford!
    how did all the interviews go? have you heard back yet ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stevie-leigh)
    Anyone wanna know anything about Staffs, give us a message,
    im going into my 2nd year in September so if youve got any questions, social life/uni stuff/halls etc give us a shout!
    Stevie-Leigh
    Is there a laundrette on campus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steph86_)
    I think there is, or at least at the Stafford campus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    I think there is, or at least at the Stafford campus
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steph86_)
    Stafford has one in the middle of the courtyard of Stafford Court

Stoke has one in bush house for people in standard accomodation. There is also one up at Clarice Cliff for people living in En-Suite Accomodation, there is one for those living in the Carlton Suites and Liberly Living accomodation too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08coxlaura)
    I am also on a gap year and have an uncomditional offer for childrens nursing at stafford!
    how did all the interviews go? have you heard back yet ?
    Hey I'm also going to Staffs Uni in Sept to do Children's Nursing. I'm in my gap yr and so I have already got an unconditional offer from them which I accepted last July. Went to the Open Day there today, have you had a look around the campus yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.