Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I get Bioshock 1 or 2? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draconia_93)
    Oh no, it's not that scary is it? :eek:
    Nah, I'm just a big wimp!
    It's just quite a dark game, which I hate!

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, it's not that scary is it? :eek:
    I found it scary but like with all scary games you get used to it after a while. By the way, I would get it since the majority of people seem to like this game and I think the reason i'm bored of it is because i'm not good at shooting games in general and I'm stuck right now and cba trying to move on.

ReputationRep:
    Bioshock 1 is some freaky game! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Would you kindly mind getting the first one.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like I should go for Bioshock then. Is Bioshock 2 really that bad though? I thought it looked quite good in the trailers.
    No but the 1st one was just that awesome, bioshock 2 was made by a different team but it isn't that bad.

Speaking of Bioshock, I suggest you check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snDNJdmSSHc

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxas13)
    I found it scary but like with all scary games you get used to it after a while. By the way, I would get it since the majority of people seem to like this game and I think the reason i'm bored of it is because i'm not good at shooting games in general and I'm stuck right now and cba trying to move on.
    I suppose you're right, hopefully I won't find it that scary. After seeing how many people liked this game I decided to get it (and Bioshock 2). Let's hope that I agree with you guys!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Ok, this may seem like a stupid question to ask, but I'll go ahead and ask it anyway.

I've recently seen trailers for Bioshock 2, and was planning to buy it. But, I'm not sure whether it's necessary to play through Bioshock first in order to understand it. At the moment, I can get Bioshock 2 for about £8, which is cheaper than buying the first game. So basically, can you play and enjoy the Bioshock 2 without playing Bioshock first?
    :hi: again!

Definately bioshock 1 :yep: The story and the gameplay surpass the second one, which focuses on flashy presentation and scenery. Whilst number two is a more beautiful game, if your looking for a scary and immense bioshock experience, you cannot go wrong with Bioshock 1.

And by the way, leave Game and Gamestation and go Cex, they have it for like £8 both bioshock 1 and 2 which just shows how unpopular Bioshock 2 was and how popular Bioshock 1 was.

ReputationRep:
    I actually really liked bioshock 2, the combat is much more fluid and the story isn't for the most part, it's just that a lot of the charm of the first game was just how awesome a dystopian underwater city was, and the second game loses that a little. It's still much more fun to play though imo, you just don't get so much of the 'awe factor' out of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    No but the 1st one was just that awesome, bioshock 2 was made by a different team but it isn't that bad.

Speaking of Bioshock, I suggest you check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snDNJdmSSHc

:coma:
    :eek: Wow, that looks amazing! Thanks for showing me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Facticity)
    :hi: again!

Definately bioshock 1 :yep: The story and the gameplay surpass the second one, which focuses on flashy presentation and scenery. Whilst number two is a more beautiful game, if your looking for a scary and immense bioshock experience, you cannot go wrong with Bioshock 1.

And by the way, leave Game and Gamestation and go Cex, they have it for like £8 both bioshock 1 and 2 which just shows how unpopular Bioshock 2 was and how popular Bioshock 1 was.
    :hi: Long time no see!

I ended up getting them both, for a pretty decent £18 (wasn't much dearer than Cex thankfully, since I got them before you mentioned it). Since so many people said they were great games I had to get them both. Don't know if I'll get them anytime this year due to how much snow we've had though!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    :hi: Long time no see!

I ended up getting them both, for a pretty decent £18 (wasn't much dearer than Cex thankfully, since I got them before you mentioned it). Since so many people said they were great games I had to get them both. Don't know if I'll get them anytime this year due to how much snow we've had though!
    :laugh: Well I am sure the mailmen will get a move on :rolleyes:

Yea they are both great games, no question, however, Bioshock 1 is better for gamepleay and Bioshock 2 for graphics and the environment.

Anyway, shouldn't you be playing Final Fantasy :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Facticity)
    :laugh: Well I am sure the mailmen will get a move on :rolleyes:

Yea they are both great games, no question, however, Bioshock 1 is better for gamepleay and Bioshock 2 for graphics and the environment.

Anyway, shouldn't you be playing Final Fantasy :smug:
    I sure hope so, but we've got at least two feet of snow (I think maybe even more than that :eek:), so they'll be getting there slowly.

Haha, I was going to get Final Fantasy but I got a little distracted with buying the Bioshock games. :laugh: It's definitely on my 'to play' list, and I do plan to get it sometime soon. What can I say, I get way too easily distracted.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.