Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Inception the movie Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    http://gizmodo.com/5651826/inception-ending-revealed-by-sir-michael-caine
    That article could just as easily be labelled "Caine spouts **** and gets free worldwide advertising of his book".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    That article could just as easily be labelled "Caine spouts **** and gets free worldwide advertising of his book".
    Fair enough. I had nothing else to contribute to the thread. I have no imagination so can't interpret simple movies let alone complex ones with a cliffhanger lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?)
    Fair enough. I had nothing else to contribute to the thread. I have no imagination so can't interpret simple movies let alone complex ones with a cliffhanger lol
    Wired ran a far more authoritative and interesting article with Nolan, who knows a little bit more about what's going on than Caine. :p:

There's no definitive answers given like Caine tried to, but it's well worth a read if you're interested: http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/1...on_nolan/all/1

ReputationRep:
    Wired ran a far more authoritative and interesting article with Nolan, who knows a little bit more about what's going on than Caine. :p:

There's no definitive answers given like Caine tried to, but it's well worth a read if you're interested: http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/1...on_nolan/all/1
    Awesome will do.

Claustrophobia - A Fear of Santa :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    But Saito aged in limbo significantly, so ageing is a distinct possibility. Also if he were dreaming about his children then they would be outside the rules governing the (supposedly) real people like Saito and Mal.
    So did the Cobbs. You saw a clip of them old, hand in hand. Yet, they were young when they killed themselves. Age just seems to be generally messed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    Not gonna lie, Mal would get it.
    i would watch this

ReputationRep:

Your link answered the ageing problem.. They were different, older kids! Not the same ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightburns)
    Your link answered the ageing problem.. They were different, older kids! Not the same ones.
    Once again, I don't see why they would have to be the same kids if it was a dream. The only rules in a dream are what you determine; if Cobb believed they had aged they would have aged. If you can conjure buildings out of nothing and start storms, why the hell couldn't you age a couple of children who are just as real as the buildings in the dream?

Children ageing proves absolutely nothing in terms of whether it was a dream or not.

ReputationRep:
    Once again, I don't see why they would have to be the same kids if it was a dream. The only rules in a dream are what you determine; if Cobb believed they had aged they would have aged. If you can conjure buildings out of nothing and start storms, why the hell couldn't you age a couple of children who are just as real as the buildings in the dream?

Children ageing proves absolutely nothing in terms of whether it was a dream or not.
    Aha, we misunderstood eachother I think, that's the problem. I didn't see Konvictz post earlier... I, like many other people, thought they were the same children!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I have finally found the appropriate thread for these images:

Expectations:

Reality:

Inception:

I've never laughed so hard at a TSR post :')

(Original post by hippieglitter)
      You are getting it mixed up with Shutter Island.
      I believe he was being sarcastic , possibly due to the mass numbers of Inception interpretation threads that crop up.

(Original post by Retrodiction)
        I've never laughed so hard at a TSR post :')
        Never noticed this quote.

Thanks. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
        It was a poor film. "Oh, you have to watch it 40 times to understand it". No you ****ing don't. It's an incredibly simple film. Boring and contained far too much action.

ReputationRep:
        No it's not, there are three possibilities which are all fit perfectly within the story arc and can be explained - that it's all a dream, that only part of it is a dream, or that it is all real.

Then you've missed the message of the movie. As evidenced by the scene in the snow fortress, what's important are the experiences you have, not the circumstances. It is our own personal experiences which matter. What's beautiful about the ending is that it allows you to have a personal experience, which is rare in a such a mainstream film.

You seem like a smart guy, seeing as you are somewhat passionate about Inception. Good on you.

What is your (detailed) opinion on the end?

ReputationRep:
        When the van was falling through the air, they became weightless in the hotel. But why didn't being weightless in the hotel make them weightless in the snowy place apart from having to get them jetpacks?

Just got round to this watched thread. /late

(Original post by Something_Ironic)
          You seem like a smart guy, seeing as you are somewhat passionate about Inception. Good on you.

What is your (detailed) opinion on the end?
          He's watched it recently and explained some more:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=5556

ReputationRep:
          Just got round to this watched thread. /late

He's watched it recently and explained some more:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=5556
          Ah, thanks.

Ah, thanks.
            By far the most interesting interpretation I've read on the film.

ReputationRep:
            By far the most interesting interpretation I've read on the film.
            Why thanks. :o: The more I think about it, the more elegant a solution it seems to be. I can resolve pretty much all of the film to my own satisfaction now, which makes me happy.

P.S. Everyone, look out for a special inception film review competition coming to the forum soon!

ReputationRep:
            It's left ambiguous because they couldn't be certain that they'd get to make a sequel. Kinda lame that this happens so ****ing often with TV and film but whatever.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
          Useful resources
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.