Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MUST READ!!! If you Drive and it snows! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    Research suggests you're talking *******s poker, nice trollage though
    Look at the last source though. It's a reliable source imo.

And I honestly didn't mean to troll or talk BS or anything. I just heard it and just wanted to warn others. Sorry if I was wrong.

Gazettelive.co.uk isn't that a reliable source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llpokermuffinll)
    Yeah true, but check the last one.
    Which also backs up the first one...the only mention of it being illegal to drive with snow on the roof is referring to the rumours.
    “It is illegal to drive with an obstructed view and drivers could be prosecuted. However police are taking a common sense approach.

“Should an incident occur, each case will be taken on its own merits, looking at the circumstances involved.”

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    As has been proven in this thread already, it's a hoax sent via text message.
    Humberside police have said themselves that it is a hoax.

However, I would suggest that people don't drive with excessive amounts of snow on the roof of their cars, if there's a build up of more than an inch or two I personally suggest they try to clear the worst of it off.
    I think I realized, but it wasn't my intention to troll or anything.

That's what you get. You try and help others and what you end up is 20 negative ratings. Well, that's what TSR is. Have to live with it...

ReputationRep:
    I think I realized, but it wasn't my intention to troll or anything.

That's what you get. You try and help others and what you end up is 20 negative ratings. Well, that's what TSR is. Have to live with it...
    So perhaps you should edit the OP to avoid spreading this rumour/hoax any more than it already has...

ReputationRep:

btw thanks for the negative rep for trying to help others...
    I didn't neg you...?! I'm not against you letting us know about this, true or not, it can't do any harm telling us. Whoever did neg, it was unnecessary Although I do still question whether your original point is in fact true. But no matter, I keep my car in the garage anyway

Edit: Oh, I guess we concluded it wasn't true. Well you had good intentions in warning us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    So perhaps you should edit the OP to avoid spreading this rumour/hoax any more than it already has...
    Done it

ReputationRep:
    Nice find.

(Original post by supernova92)
    The amount of cars i have seen today with uncleared snow is ridiculous. One lady's car had snow all on the front, and it covered up half the front of the windscreen.. seriously how hard is it to just brush it off...
    I can't understand the idiots I've seen going around with a foot of snow and ice on their roofs, nice way of taking the paint of your bonnet or ****ing up your wipers when you brake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kodias)
    Nice find.

I can't understand the idiots I've seen going around with a foot of snow and ice on their roofs, nice way of taking the paint of your bonnet or f*cking up your wipers when you brake.
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kodias)
    Nice find.

I can't understand the idiots I've seen going around with a foot of snow and ice on their roofs, nice way of taking the paint of your bonnet or f*cking up your wipers when you brake.
    Ignore my OP. Its a hoax. Just found out.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore my OP. Its a hoax. Just found out.
    Yes, I know, I did quote your other post.

(Original post by hobo06)
    :facepalm2:
    Edit: I only clicked on the first link in that post he made > http://www.hoax-slayer.com/police-sn...ing-hoax.shtml

Hence the reason I said nice find.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.