Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRevolution)
    They have such a high opinion of themselves - probably leading to their happiness.

Yes I am happy I'm clever. A lot happier now you recognised it.

They understand things and dont struggle as much as others, they get to go to the best Universities and feel aggrandised.

Yes its due to effort and putting in the hard work to learn more things and gain a better knowledge. Someone in my school who always used to mess about changed massively and put more effort in, passed his A Levels and is now going to UCL. It can be done. Its just how much you want it and how much time you put in.

They get to come up with good ideas and think with great clarity of mind.

Thank you for the compliment.

They get pleasure out of writing essays about interesting topics while others' brains just struggle and don't have the minds necessary to digest the question and be original.

Yes they do have the minds yet don't have the motivation to adapt their minds to keep going to achieve academic success. Its all about commitment and dedication. Yes some people may not be good at essays and things but quite a lot of those people are very gifted doing physical work

All of these amazing blessings are handed to the intelliectually gifted by complete chance and luck. There is no justification for it other than they did well in that one chanc one gets before birth in the genetic lottery. A competition that dictates the happiness and satisfaction of your whole life.

Its not believe me. You commit yourself to put the effort in and then you get the rewards for it.

These people bloody awful.
    As is your grammar

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was gonna be a rant about noam Chomsky and stephen fry etc but not about people who can write
    an original essay. That doesn't really make you an intellectual.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they'll be devastated. Now quit yapping and go back down the mine you peasant :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrm.)
    Sir,
    I believe that this is yours:

This is awesome; I might get one and then have a laugh about the irony of it with all the other intellectuals

ReputationRep:
    Clue : commenters who think of themselves as intellectuals and yet fail to identify basic irony.

a well played troll sir/madame

ReputationRep:
    They have such a high opinion of themselves - probably leading to their happiness.

They understadn things and dont struggle as much as others, they get to go to the best Universities and feel aggradised.

They get pleasure out of writing essays about interesting topics while others' brains just struggle and don't have the minds necessary to digest the question and be original.

All of these amazing blessings are handed to the intelliectually gifted by complete chance and luck. There is no justification for it other than they did well in that one chanc one gets before birth in the genetic lottery. A competition that dictates the happiness and satisfaction of your whole life.

yeah, i hate them and their sense of aggradisement.

ReputationRep:

They understadn things and dont struggle as much as others, they get to go to the best Universities and feel aggradised.
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Genetic diversity exists.
    get over it.

ReputationRep:
    You're right it is a lottery as to whether you're born "clever" or not, but many people do work hard throughout their education to get to the best universities. And not all of them are arrogant.
    Do you really think you're any better than these "horrible" people by posting a rant on here. Instead of moaning why don't you study then maybe you could be an intellectual as opposed to whining about them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    yeah, i hate them and their sense of aggradisement.
    Good luck at your interview btw.

ReputationRep:
    jealous much?

Apart from anything else, many people who you see as "intellectuals" are just people that work harder than others. One of my friends did 8 Intermediate 2s last year, studied loads, and got 8 Band 1s (>= 85%); he's never been amazingly talented intellectually but excelled because he put the effort in. It is incredibly annoying to see generalisations like this (not that I don't expect it on TSR ).

Indeed, you point to the fact that intellectual ability is given by luck; why, therefore, should you hate clever people? Most never boast about their results. I got among the best in my year last year but I didn't put them on Facebook and if someone asks I just say I got all As. Most people I've met are the same.

Of course, there's always the possibility that you are trolling, in which case it's a pretty good effort .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheep_go_baa)
    Haters gonna hate
    There is nothing wrong with me doing Engineering. :mad:

Yeah, haters gone hate,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    Good luck at your interview btw.
    thanks!
    Good luck surviving rejection Friday I know I need it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littletesticles)
    No, you did it right :wink2:
    Good

ReputationRep:

i like turtles.:sparta:

ReputationRep:

etah annog etah

ReputationRep:
    Jealousy is not an attractive quality you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    thanks!
    Good luck surviving rejection Friday I know I need it!
    hahaha you to

Trying to figure out what I'm going to do to occupy myself tomorrow to keep my mind off of it. London is 5 hours ahead from where I live. So I just have to make it from wakeup to noon.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you're all getting trolled.

The thing that really hurts is the fact that it's such an obvious troll. 1/10 for the troll story. But 7/10 for execution.

ReputationRep:

You've explained very well why you are not an intellectual. I.e. you think clever people just sit there and become clever. Excellence is a habit to be learned.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.