Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Nooo there will be loads of people in the same position, its just a matter of finding them ha! Apparantly the Union does this housemate speed dating thing, but i dont know when it is or if its even happening again this year. What do you guys study? You enjoying being a sheffield fresher so far? X

ReputationRep:
    I read about that housemate speed dating thing in a union house hunting guide it said it was happening later in the year but didnt give a specific date. I've been looking out for it but heard nothing of it yet.
    I'm studing civil engineering at the mo. I'm enjoying being a fresher sheffields a good city, im maybe a bit frustrated i don't get out as much as i'd like, especially this month i had the flu for most of it couldn't shake it for some reason probably not getting enough vitamins or something my diets been rubbish since i got to uni.
    How about yourself you enjoying first year, so far?

ReputationRep:
    ahh i think it'll be happening some time next year then. oh i had flu like the first 6 or 7 weeks was so ****, i couldnt shake it off for ages either! much better now tho : )
    im doing biology and i love sheffield, yeah its been a pretty good 1st semester thanks. wasn't sure about uni at first but feeling bit better now. i've had a gap year and worked full time for the whole of it, so i went from doing 50 hours a week to like 10, i was feeling like what am i meant to do with all this time?! but getting used to it now ha.
    did you have a gap year? what building you living in?
    x

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have a gap year i came straight from sixth form. I was in pretty much the opposite situation to you when i started i'd spent ages after doing my exams just lazing about doing nothing particularly so when i got to uni at first i found it difficult to re-adjust to doing work again and found things pretty difficult, but i got used to it now. I'm in the yarncliffe block currently, how about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Windgather I didn't have a gap year but I worked so much over the summer I know exactly what you mean about spare time rc7560!

ReputationRep:
    I'm living in Derwent! If anyone fancys meeting up for a drink at the Edge or something before or after Christmas I'd be happy to do so! Just gonna be packing my stuff tonight, most my housemates are leaving tonight so i'll be free for a bit, otherwise yeah after christmas or something. Btw my names Rosie Louisa Cassidy if anyone wants to look me up on fb. I think I'm gonna post a thread on the university forum aswell at some point. What course is everyone studying?
    Xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Sociology and Social Policy I'm already home for christmas But up for meeting when we get back after xx

ReputationRep:
    I'd be up for a meet up after christmas sometime as well i guess.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Me and my housemate are currently looking for 3/4 people to fill spaces in our 6 bedded house in Crookes. Our current housemates will have graduated by then and as we really dnt wanna give up this house, having been here for years, we decided to sign on (without thinking about how to fill the spaces!)
    The house is very spacious and homely with every room having a double bed, sink and all the modcons you need.

A bit about us..we are 2 girls going into our final year of medicine next year. We dont mind sharing with guys or girls. Due to the nature of our course, ideally someone with a similar 9-5pm timetable. We are pretty laidback and sociable and like throwing a few parties in our house (however midweek partying is pretty much out of the question nowadays!)

If interested, email me back on Mod edit: e-mail address removed. Please use PMs to exchange contact details
    Ta Varsha

ReputationRep:
    hellooo

i'm currently looking to move in somewhere for my second year! would love to live in a house with a mix of lads and girls!

a bit about me, I'm studying events management with arts & entertainment at sheffield hallam, have a very large interest therefore in live music and social activity; basically enjoy having a good time!

so if anyone has any spaces or is interested in perhaps getting a group of us together let me know on here!

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    Two girls from Sheffield Uni studying English & Philosophy and Hispanic Studies, looking for housemates for our 2nd year. We get on really well with our flatmates but none of them go out much so we've decided to look for other people to live with next year. We're really easy-going, up for a laugh, love going out and meeting new people and looking for a few boys/girls to live with next year.
    Message us if you're interested and we can arrange to meet up

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, we are a flat of 5 first years at the uni of sheffield, 3 boys and 2 girls.

We have a lovely house for next year literally opposite bar one on brunswick street, so perfect for uni students. Unfortunately, our other flatmate dropped out of the uni this week due to being unhappy with her course, so we're looking for a new housemate to join us!

It's a 3 floor terraced house, £66pw without bills and bills estimated at £10 extra pw for everything so its cheap as! Also brand new shower room, and 2 bathrooms.

We go out about 2-3 times a week, but there is never any pressure to come and usually one of us will stay in. We're all really friendly, we love meeting new people and you'd honestly fit right in.

As the other female in the flat goes home every weekend, I'd love another girl to live with! But obviously anyone is welcome

If you're interested it would be lovely to meet up for a drink or something, we're all really excited to have someone new living with us for 2011/12

Thanks for reading xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amylb)
    hellooo

i'm currently looking to move in somewhere for my second year! would love to live in a house with a mix of lads and girls!

a bit about me, I'm studying events management with arts & entertainment at sheffield hallam, have a very large interest therefore in live music and social activity; basically enjoy having a good time!

so if anyone has any spaces or is interested in perhaps getting a group of us together let me know on here!
    2 Rooms Spare Charlotte Road

We have a four bed house in Charlotte Road (5-10 min from city campus)
    Due to certain circumstances me and one other are now unable to live there so there are two rooms now available to share with two guys and a girl.

Rent is £86 a week which includes all bills (elec/water/gas) as well TV license, wireless internet and insurance. The property can be seen here: http://www.sd-properties.co.uk/Find_..._Road,_S2_4EQ/

Message me for any more details

Thanks for looking

Charley

ReputationRep:
    Hi weve got 2 rooms free on charlotte road for next year.

Due to certain circumstances me and one other are now unable to live there so there are two rooms now available to share with two guys and a girl.

Rent is £86 a week which includes all bills (elec/water/gas) as well TV license, wireless internet and insurance. The property can be seen here: http://www.sd-properties.co.uk/Find_..._Road,_S2_4EQ/

As this is getting close and I would like to confirm placement on a new house I am willing to give my deposit (£250) to anyone who is willing to fill my space.

Thanks for looking

Charley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomrandomnumber)
    I'm in the same situation too atm.

I adore this thread because I'm bloody glad I'm not the only one. :rolleyes:
    2 Rooms Spare Charlotte Road

Rent is £86 a week which includes all bills (elec/water/gas) as well TV license, wireless internet and insurance.

I know this is late notice so I am willing to offer my deposit(£250) to anyone who can fill my room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rc7560)
    Hey I am looking for housemates for next year aswell. Get on well with my current flat mates, i just don't want to live with them next year as I would be well outnumbered in a house of a majority of guys! Living in Endcliffe in my first year studying Biology. Would be happy to meet up with anyone else whos in a similar situation x
    Hi ,

Would you be able to give me some info about living in Encliff vilage ,Are you able to host friends or not , is it fun , clean , near to the center and transportation or not. I d appretiate any information .Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.