Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Never Had Sex Before - Please Help Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ... Oh wow, is that what it looks like from the outside ;; that I am stringing him along.

And when I say my friends are immature not because they have had sex so many times but the way in which they answer my questions a bit too casually when I need proper advice.

And I feel like I am ready ... So should I just go for it?
    And if I ask him to go slowly, will he listen? NO

- by the way I am 16 , Just so you know.
    Just whack your legs wide open and let him drill you.

ReputationRep:
    can someone explain what there is "to be ready" about?

I mean surely if you are happy enough to do other stuff, so doing everything BUT vaginal penetration, then you should be 'ready' for full sex, no?

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel rushed into having sex, go at your own pace I think because you have not had sex with your boyfriend and you have been with him for a year and a half it proves that your boyfreind is not just in the relationship for sex and that he is committed to you and seems like a proper boyfreind. I say you do not feel rushed do it at your own pace and do it when you feel ready

Okay thank you everyone.

I am going to think about it

ReputationRep:
    If you do decide to have intercourse for the first time, make sure you are relaxed and feel comfortable. Make sure he goes slowly and at your own pace. And enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    If you feel ready, (and you'll know if you do) then go for it.
    If you feel uncomfortable and completely in doubt about doing it, then maybe you should wait just a little bit longer... after all your only 16 - got heaps of time for that yet You say you've been together for a year and a half so you've obviously built up quite a relationship in that time then...? You could maybe have a talk to him about it too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neil_K)
    'Going out' for 1 and a half years and no sex? Why???????? How old are you? Are you religious? Celibate? Got hang ups about sex?

If there's no sex, it's just a platonic friendship. Seriously, 'going out' for one and a half years with no sex is just ****ing weird. You're either stringing the guy along and using him for favours etc, but not putting out....or you're just really really naive and young.

Your 'boyfriend' (if you can call him that) is a chump for sticking around for 1.5 years with a girl who wouldn't give him sex. And you're just as bad.

Might as well just be 'platonic friends' if you're not going to do anything sexually. Don't you get ANY sexual urges AT ALL??? Wtf????

Sorry, but I've got to tell it like it is. Your situation is just plain ridiculous.

My advice is to get over your hang-ups about sex and just ****ing do the deed!!!!! Or just break up with your 'boyfriend' and don't bother wasting each others' time.

(Original post by Tommyjw)
    First , your friends having sex =/= them being immature.

A year and a half is a very long time to wait for anyone ( if its non-religious reasons )

Do you not get turned on by hour boyfriend?
    If you dont, maybe try something new with him, or maybe you just dont feel as strongly about him as u think?
    Both of you are absolute pigs.
    Sex doesn't make a relationship, you don't have to have sex to have feelings for each other. She doesn't have to 'put out' to not be using him. God i feel sorry for any girls within a five mile radius of you. Both of you (especially Neil K) need to grow the **** up and mature a little before you post stuff like this.

... Oh wow, is that what it looks like from the outside ;; that I am stringing him along.

And when I say my friends are immature not because they have had sex so many times but the way in which they answer my questions a bit too casually when I need proper advice.

And I feel like I am ready ... So should I just go for it?
    And if I ask him to go slowly, will he listen?

- by the way I am 16 , Just so you know.

If you're not ready for sex, then don't have sex, really.
    Your guy sounds mature and serious about your relationship, If he's waited a year and a half then he's probably fine waiting a little more.
    If you want to have sex, do it, and it'll be fine, if not then don't.
    About him going slow.. He most likely will, because it sounds as if he respects you a lot, I doubt he'd ignore you. If he does get a little over excited though, give him a little nip where his thigh meets his pelvis. He'll get the message.
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    Sex doesn't make a relationship, you don't have to have sex to have feelings for each other. She doesn't have to 'put out' to not be using him. God i feel sorry for any girls within a five mile radius of you. Both of you (especially Neil K) need to grow the **** up and mature a little before you post stuff like this.

OP,
    If you're not ready for sex, then don't have sex, really.
    Your guy sounds mature and serious about your relationship, If he's waited a year and a half then he's probably fine waiting a little more.
    If you want to have sex, do it, and it'll be fine, if not then don't.
    Is there anything else you wanted advice on, or was it just whether or not you should have sex with him?
    xx
    Umm.. what.. grow up?

The simple FACT is that sex helps a relationship.. actual EXPERTS say that.

I'm sorry if i came across an ass , i didnt mean to, i simply meant to state that i dont understand how people cant be sexually attracted enough to their partner to put it off for one and a half years with no real reason. The OP doesnt seem so set on the fact she isnt ready to have sex, she seems like she'd be fine doing it now, thats why i said it.

Am not a pig

ReputationRep:
    Umm.. what.. grow up?

I'm sorry if i came across an ass , i didnt mean to, i simply meant to state that i dont understand how people cant be sexually attracted enough to their partner to put it off for one and a half years with no real reason. The OP doesnt seem so set on the fact she isnt ready to have sex, she seems like she'd be fine doing it now, thats why i said it.

Am not a pig
    I completely agree with you, your post seemed to me to be a statement of fact (1.5 years is of course a long time). Calm down boobies

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry if i came across an ass , i didnt mean to, i simply meant to state that i dont understand how people cant be sexually attracted enough to their partner to put it off for one and a half years with no real reason.
    OP is 16.
    That means when she got with her boyfriend she was 14 and a half.

And you can't understand in these circs why she'd want to wait?

ReputationRep:
    Just relax and go slowly. Relax, relax, relax, chill, chill, chill. Be calm and happiness will come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    OP is 16.

He said that before OP stated her age

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    OP is 16.

And how am i meant to know she is 16... ?
    I posted the second reply.. she didnt state her age, you cant moan at me for that... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    And how am i meant to know she is 16... ?
    I posted the second reply.. she didnt state her age, you cant moan at me for that... :confused:
    Shoosh you, thread is over, she's making her mind up.

ReputationRep:
    Umm.. what.. grow up?

Am not a pig
    That 'Evidence' is considering adults.
    If she's 16 now, she was 14 when she started dating her boyfriend.
    I know some guys can't completely understand the idea of wanting to wait, being desperate to shove their **** into anything that moves, but seriously, you can't comprehend that a 14 year old girl could be attracted to a guy, but not want to have sex? really? That's not a reason?
    If she doesn't feel ready to have sex, which to some people can be a pretty big deal, then good for her. Its not good for a girl's emotional development to sleep with someone when you're not sure and then have them hurt you afterwards. A ridiculous number of women regret rushing into sex and losing their virginity to the wrong person.
    She obviously doesn't feel like she would be fine doing it now, hence the waiting. Jesus!

Maybe you're not a pig but you're part of the culture who think that boyfriends have a right to sex with their girlfriends, pretty much regardless of how young/not ready they may be. Its disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    I completely agree with you, your post seemed to me to be a statement of fact (1.5 years is of course a long time). Calm down boobies
    Erm, no.
    Grow a pair and quote me if you have something to say.

OP hasn't slept with her boyfriend, hence OP must not like her boyfriend that much?
    What a ridiculous and degrading thing to say

ReputationRep:
    That 'Evidence' is considering adults.
    If she's 16 now, she was 14 when she started dating her boyfriend.
    I know some guys can't completely understand the idea of wanting to wait, being desperate to shove their **** into anything that moves, but seriously, you can't comprehend that a 14 year old girl could be attracted to a guy, but not want to have sex? really? That's not a reason?
    If she doesn't feel ready to have sex, which to some people can be a pretty big deal, then good for her. Its not good for a girl's emotional development to sleep with someone when you're not sure and then have them hurt you afterwards. A ridiculous number of women regret rushing into sex and losing their virginity to the wrong person.
    She obviously doesn't feel like she would be fine doing it now, hence the waiting. Jesus!

Maybe you're not a pig but you're part of the culture who think that boyfriends have a right to sex with their girlfriends, pretty much regardless of how young/not ready they may be. Its disgusting.
    Stop being so idiotic.
    Use a bit of common sense.
    Read the post.

I DID NOT know she was 16 when she posted this, CLEARLY i posted it before she stated she was 16.
    So, now we have that sorted, none of your post is valid so i dont need to reply to anything.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, no.
    Grow a pair and quote me if you have something to say.

OP hasn't slept with her boyfriend, hence OP must not like her boyfriend that much?
    What a ridiculous and degrading thing to say
    Well lack of sexual attraction seems like a good reason for not having sex, it's just a likely possibility. That is of course until you take into account that she is 16, however this wasn't known at the time of his post. The culture thing, it seems to me more that the culture is that sex is necessary in a relationship/conducive to a happy relationship (which seems fairly certain and very understandable). However, I think blame gets thrown about too often as to who should be blamed for not having sex - women being called prudes etc. This obviously can be degrading.

I think you're taking a relatively harmless comment and inflating it into a huge issue and throwing about serious remarks that weren't really required in the thread...

ReputationRep:
    Okay thank you everyone.

I am going to think about it
    Do you spend a lot of time together? See each other often? Can you manage to get a bed/hotel room together?

If you've waited a long time and you have strong feelings for him, go for it.

I understand the psychological wait, but if you want to 'express love' in a different way to all that you have before, sex is cool.

Good luck, have fun, and yes, communicate, he will listen.

ReputationRep:
    Your subjective opinion, nothing more.

Sex doesn't make a relationship, you don't have to have sex to have feelings for each other.
    Sure, sex isn't EVERYTHING in a relationship (unless it's a casual sex relationship), but it IS an ESSENTIAL part of it. A relationship without sex is just a platonic friendship.

Men and women get together primarily because of SEXUAL ATTRACTION. If they are not going to have sex, why bother being together?

Every straight person hooks up with a member of the opposite sex because they have a degree of interest in having sex with that person. You don't date a member of the opposite sex so you can 'hold hands in the park on a Saturday afternoon', or so you can 'hang out as best mates'. You might do those things IN ADDITION to having sex, though, but if those are the only things you do and there's no sex, then it's not a sexual/romantic relationship, but merely a platonic friendship.

She doesn't have to 'put out' to not be using him.
    Why is she with this guy then? If there's no sex, what does she get out of it?

If she isn't ready to have sex, she isn't ready to have a boyfriend, END OF.

If people aren't ready to have sex, they should just stay single and remain only platonic friends with members of the opposite sex until they are mature enough to have proper relationships (i.e. which sex is a part of).

God i feel sorry for any girls within a five mile radius of you.
    What I feel sorry for is guys like the OP's boyfriend, who waste a year and a half with a girl who they're not even having sex with. In fact, no, I don't even feel sorry for him because he must be a complete chump if he spent so long with a girl who didn't put out.

I'd have been out of there after 3 dates maximum if a girl didn't have any interest in having sex with me. I wouldn't waste my time. If a girl isn't ready for sex, then I don't want her.

Both of you (especially Neil K) need to grow the **** up and mature a little before you post stuff like this.
    Don't come on here telling I 'need to grow up' or that I'm an 'absolute pig'. If anything YOU need to grow up, not me. If anything, the OP and her boyfriend need to 'grow up'. You are the one who basically states the following points:-

1) Guys and girls can be 'boyfriend and girlfriend' without ever having sex with each other

2) Sex isn't important in a relationship

3) Any guy who thinks sex is important in a relationship is a 'pig' and 'needs to grow up'

4) Any guy who gets with a girl and then wants to have sex with her is 'pig' or needs to grow up'.

5) Guys should be willing to spend 1.5 years or more with a girl without ever having sex with her

....and you have the audacity to tell ME I need to 'grow up' and that I'm a 'pig'!!! Are these 5 points what you're saying then, Boobies?

Can't you see what bull**** the above statements are?

I can tell you're very immature and inexperienced with sex and relationships, Boobies. Let me put it to you another way...if you got with a guy you really fancied, then he turned around and told you 'he wasn't ready for sex', would you stick around for 1.5 or more years until he was ready? I would bet money you wouldn't. I would bet money you'd be sucking the **** of a guy who was more willing to satisfy your sexual needs.

And don't call men who wants sex 'pigs'. Women love to **** just as much as men. Sex is a normal, natural human desire...NOBODY is a 'pig' for wanting it...they are simply HUMAN.

Until you answer these questions, I am having a hard time taking you seriously, so I await your reply.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.