Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

embarassing problem (female area) Watch

ReputationRep:
    you sure it's not just eczema?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hi.
    this is quite an embarassing problem, but I'm beginnin to worry about it...
    around my nipple area a cut has appeared where dicharge/blood comes from, before this there was alot of dry skin around the area which i thought was due to weather change, and applied johnson baby lotion religiously lol, but no change. i thought it maybe dead skin, and exfoliated properly in the shower, still no difference.
    but now, theyre itchy,sore and tender
    the nipple has become inverted, and soft and easily pushes in when pressures applied, instead of being perky.
    i did some research, and got abit worried when i saw cancer, because my grandma passed away from it, but there arent any lumps. i dont have any of the typical causes like pregnancy, or breast feeding or fondling or anything like that. i have started taking pills but theyre for low iron levels, and hair and beauty ones lol, not birth control pills or anything like that (a cause according to research)
    id find it really embarassing to go to the doctor, or gp but i will do if worst comes to worst and no-one can offer advice,even though i know is most unlikely to find a professional here
    thanks
    Ouch don't exfoliate your nipples! You should never exfoliate sensitive areas like that. I had eczema on my nipples a few years ago and I was forever whipping them out at the doctors. It's probably hormonal, or a reaction from using a very chemically body cream. Book an appointment at the doctors and ensure you get a woman as they can sympathise!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's your body's way of telling you they need a good rub? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    i would go the doctors but it could be exzcma like i have that and it sounds like it a bit but till got doctors (sorry for spelling have dislyixa)

ReputationRep:
    You DEFINITELY need to see a GP, however embarassing. Just ask for a female doctor x
    Good Luck
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secret_smile)

I also had an inverted nipple which terrified me as I too googled "inverted nipples"
    So wrong, yet so right :awesome:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.