Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can girls do banter? Watch

ReputationRep:
    More importantly why have people started referring to everything as banter? Some fella on my course even called it bant the other day, some people should be seen and not heard.

ReputationRep:
    no, keep it in the kitchen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amsie/)
    yes we can, the problem is either guys take it too far or think you're flirting with them. :/

Every guy thinks every girl who talks to him is flirting, never mind your piss poor attempts at banter.

ReputationRep:
    Depends who with! I do with most people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kid Icarus)
    More importantly why have people started referring to everything as banter? Some fella on my course even called it bant the other day, some people should be seen and not heard.
    Hope you told him to stop chatting *******s, I haven't seen a single example of what I would refer to as banter in this thread. I don't think it is a thing that can be captured in the written word, it is as hilarious as it is spontaneous and I guess the fact that i thoght women were inept in the field of banter stems from the fact that, well, women just aren't that funny.

ReputationRep:
    I think that girls can do banter if they are insulting with or aimed at guys, but i don't think all girl banter would work quite the same. Maybe, but i doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kid Icarus)
    Wait til you hear the term 'banterous'!

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you even mean by the term banter, some people now use it to describe anything remotely funny :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun1h)
    Every guy thinks every girl who talks to him is flirting, never mind your piss poor attempts at banter.
    In that case, IT'S THE GUYS who can't banter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Wait til you hear the term 'banterous'!
    I'll probably shake with rage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amsie/)
    In that case, IT'S THE GUYS who can't banter
    Agreed

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.