Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

you know those people who fall asleep in public Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I fallen asleep in classes & on the school bus... but not in random places like the street or fast food places.

My uncle once slept on a train pretty much all night, apparently. He missed his stop for going home from work because he fell asleep, took the train back to where he should have got off and fell asleep again, ending up a gazillion miles in the other direction. Eventually, he took the train back to the original station, used the station showers and went into work at the normal time the next day without having been home.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Cool Cat)
      ..like on public transport? do you wake them up or just let them snooze and maybe miss their stop?

:mmm:

people actually fall asleep in fast food restaurants too, it seems. Spotted two men fast asleep at McDonalds a while ago, in exactly the same position at the window but in two separate restaurants along the same road. Made me chuckle
      I always fall asleep on the way home from uni on the tube! Thankfully I get off at the last stop or I would spend most of my evenings getting the tube back to my stop. I did once wake a lady up who was fast asleep because the train was going to depart in the opposite direction again, she woke up and I left but she may have already missed her stop as she didn't leave lol.

ReputationRep:
      Let sleeping drunks lie - they'll either be pissed off about missing their stop or think you're robbing them and come round throwing punches.

(Original post by Cool Cat)
        :mmm: got any more?
        http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1062277_n.jpg Just for you. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
        haha :awesome: cheers

ReputationRep:
        :mmm:

I can never fall asleep on any transport. Ever.

Probably been on a dozen 5+ hour flights and have never fallen asleep. On the way back from Egypt at 5 in the morning I was one of only about half a dozen passengers awake on the whole plane. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
        I tried to wake one up at the end of the line once, but he had some kind of mental disorder and started making funny noises at me, so I slowly retreated off the train*.

* don't judge, not much I could do.

ReputationRep:
        I wish I could sleep on trains. I hate 6-hour journeys home with nothing but the wilds of England to stare at. And then nothing once it gets dark.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by -honeybee-)
        I really don't know why people do this, surely quite a few of them get robbed/miss their stop and it's just a major inconvenience? As for waking someone up, personally I wouldn't unless I knew what stop they needed to get off at and they woke up quite easily without me having to get too involved lol. If you got to the last stop I imagine the conductor would wake them up. And if the train's really busy it's not really fair on other passengers - I've seen sleeping people leaning on the random person sat next to them and they usually have loads of bags spread out on the seat next to them.
        maybe its because public transports are quite hypnotic? okay your half tired on the bus, its warm or stuffy aand staring at one point, at you just doze off, sometimes you try to stay awake but you cant....well thats what usually happens to me.

ReputationRep:
        I used to fall asleep on the bus to and from college. Luckily the kids didn't care. I always slept through Chemistry and Biology my attention span for the sheets they handed out every lesson (bottom set they don't teach).

I have a habit of falling asleep every time I read or play my ds/psp. I tend to only get 5-10 pages read a week. I need more caffeine. but I've drunk so much expresso it has no effect on me any more.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Louise_x)
        If I see people asleep, I usually leave them. When I'm asleep in public (usually the uni library - I actually think I've slept more in there than studied) I don't expect people to wake me up. Transport though... Hmm, I'd be annoyed with myself if I slept through my stop, but I don't think I'd expect anyone to wake me. Unless they did know where I was meant to be getting off.
        Yep! "hi there, Erm, I am your local stalker and I've noticed you haven't got off at your usual stop, I hope you don't mind me waking you" hehe

ReputationRep:
        I don't wake them up.

I find it difficult to sleep on public transport, even though I wish I could.
        • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
        I was on the bus to go to work and fell asleep. I woke up when the bus just wen past my stop but it was too late. So I got off the next stop and waited for another half an hour for the bus and get to work. I could have walked but it was too far (countryside) and late at night

ReputationRep:
        Started drinking at 7 in the evening, finished drinking at 7 in the morning... then had to get a train back to Bexhill from Gillingham

Must've fallen asleep about 5 times. Took me near enough 5 hours to get home as well! Too early for a direct train from Victoria to Bexhill apparently ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Sabertooth)
        I hate that thing when you get really tired so your head starts to nod and as soon as you fall asleep it drops and wakes you up then the cycle repeats.

I just do that on trains.

ahh me too! that is the worst feeling everr.
        when i backpacked europe, my tour guide could sleep anywhere. we're talking nightclubs, he'd casually fall asleep at the bar, sat at a table.. bloody hilarious.

ReputationRep:
        If I fall asleep on the train I always casually mention to the guy next to me where I am getting off. Saves people waking me up at every stop o nthe way "just in case".

I've fallen asleep in a pub before.

ReputationRep:
        I remember being on a bus once with my eyes closed and head against the glass. The bus stopped and let some chav off and the little ****er walked around the side of the bus and banged on the other side of the glass. He then proceeded to flip me off and walk away in that style that makes them look like they've pissed themselves.

Little scrote.

ReputationRep:
        After the gym yesterday I fell asleep on the bus...

ReputationRep:
        xxxx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.