Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Never played COD Watch

ReputationRep:
    It is likely I'm the best here at every single CoD ever to be made. If anyone wants to challenge me on ps3 state your psn. Once I win don't blame it on lag.

ReputationRep:
    You get overjoyed everytime you come top in the game without camping-- t'is all you need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0llima)
    I don't like Call of Duty too much either. Every version is identical, the gameplay feels wrong (floaty and too fast, not natural at all) and is also hopelessly repetitive, and the whole business of continually respawning enemies and brain dead AI takes me back to 1997 or sometime around then. CoD4 brought in the stupid and unfair perks system which, for some God awful reason, is now being ripped off by other games.

Not a fan, I'm afraid but each to their own.

EDIT: I'm also pig sick of the endless grenade spam you end up with, even in campaign. You stand still for less than one second and it's clink clink clink BOOM.
    which FPS have smart AI?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diabolic99)
    It is likely I'm the best here at every single CoD ever to be made. If anyone wants to challenge me on ps3 state your psn. Once I win don't blame it on lag.
    I was in the top global 3000 for kills on COD4 until the leaderboards got hacked. K/D 1.60 and more than 215,000 - you wouldn't stand a chance against me....lol I love kids like you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiiK SiiNz)
    I was in the top global 3000 for kills on COD4 until the leaderboards got hacked. K/D 1.60 and more than 215,000 - you wouldn't stand a chance against me....lol I love kids like you
    I've never heard of you... I don't think anyone cares about the VOLUME of kills because all that proves is that you've sat there for a long time taking the public games far too seriously. For what it's worth, my play time is around a day and 10 hours on Black Ops, my K/D is 2.1 and I don't even try (unless I'm playing GB or something). I'm not even saying I'm good but I'm pretty sure I would completely hammer you. It's embarrassing how many of you come online, do well in a public game, where half the people aren't even averagely good, and think you're God.

ReputationRep:
    man the **** up and just play it u p***y

lol jokes srry had to go for it, hmmmmm wat so special about cod??? damnnn good question.........
    hmm i dunno mayb the only video game franchise that seems to make teh newsheadlines/ break sales records, its really hard to answer such widespread question, sure some fps have better graphics or "fairer multiplayer", but its rele hard to pinpoint why its so special, my advise seriously just play it!! i guessin you must be slightly curious about the game that your asking this question about COD as opposed to Battlefield company or medal of honor, ohh and iff you want a good time go for black ops or COD4

ReputationRep:
    Me neither

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llpokermuffinll)
    I'm a boy and I have never played COD in my life. I don't hate the game, but just wanna know what is soo special about it.

If I find out something, I might as well start playing it, but as of now, all I know is that it's some shooting game...
    your not a man.... but I do rate your negative rep...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiiK SiiNz)
    Bro, is that a challenge? I'm going to have to show you who's boss. Your account could be in the top 100 for all it's worth... Cod4 I would consistently go with a 2.00+ ratio every game. Mw2 was just as easy. I'm not a big fan of black ops and I've only played around 8-10 hours and I reckon I'll still bury you. Man enough to state your psn for a 1v1?

ReputationRep:
    You're missing out bro

ReputationRep:
    who plays with fish?

ReputationRep:
    Bro, is that a challenge? I'm going to have to show you who's boss. Your account could be in the top 100 for all it's worth... Cod4 I would consistently go with a 2.00+ ratio every game. Mw2 was just as easy. I'm not a big fan of black ops and I've only played around 8-10 hours and I reckon I'll still bury you. Man enough to state your psn for a 1v1?
    I could take both of you noobs w/ my eyes closed and thumbs detatched. I'm the noob pwner.

Add my psn: astonmartinag

ReputationRep:
    It's a simple pick-up and play FPS.

Part of the reason why it's extremely popular.

(Original post by Farhan.Hanif93)
    I've never heard of you... I don't think anyone cares about the VOLUME of kills because all that proves is that you've sat there for a long time taking the public games far too seriously. For what it's worth, my play time is around a day and 10 hours on Black Ops, my K/D is 2.1 and I don't even try (unless I'm playing GB or something). I'm not even saying I'm good but I'm pretty sure I would completely hammer you. It's embarrassing how many of you come online, do well in a public game, where half the people aren't even averagely good, and think you're God.
    Agreed.

Esp. about people taking public games and leaderboards far too seriously. Volume of kills and KD are almost irrelevant. If anything, I think it's much better to look at things like kills per game and kills per minute/hour/whatever and then taking their ratio to account afterwards. So, someone with an 8KD who racks up 30 kills per hour would not impress me; compared to someone who gets 200 kills per hour, with a ratio of 2.5 or something.

I just want to jump in on the KD pissing contest because it's amusing. I'm on a 3.6KD on BO and a 3.2KD on MW2 with 5k and 30k kills respectively, both of which were gotten without trying and with a lot of time spent dicking about. I don't play the game seriously and haven't had the time or patience to care about stuff like that since I was like 15... which was a disgustingly long time ago.

I don't think of myself as that good a player. I know I'm a fair sight better than most and I do enjoy dicking on nearly everyone on public games, but that isn't saying much at all; at the end of the day, who really cares about a video game leaderboard?

:catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight:

:mmm::mmm::mmm::mmm:

Carry on.

ReputationRep:
    Just in case if you wanna buy COD, I'd go for MW2 rather than Black Ops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StylaBoy)
    Just in case if you wanna buy COD, I'd go for MW2 rather than Black Ops.
    Not because it's the better game though, because it isn't. Mw2 is just a bit more noob friendly i.e. the guns have almost non-existent recoil and therefore less skill is required to do well. I like Black Ops because most people on there simply cannot shoot their guns straight, therefore you get rewarded for being good with your weapon. Killstreaks are harder to build up to. Overall it's a much better game than Mw2.

ReputationRep:
    I have a strong dislike for Call of Duty and Black Ops, a few things I dislike;

>First and foremost, the community. Most CoD players are either chavs or 13 year old Americans, especially if you are playing on a console.
    >Glorifying war and promoting the American war hero.
    >Linear gameplay. Which is a HUGE understatement, really.
    >Too much action equates into a total loss of realism.
    >'Black Ops'...Sounds sneaky and Splinter-Cellish, right? Wrong.
    >Give me some room to breathe. GO HERE, SHOOT HIM, THROW THIS GRENADE BACK is all I can really remember of CoD games, except for spending loads of time hiding behind something with a red screen(And the ridiculously violent cut-scenes.)
    >Oh yeah, the cut-scenes. The ingame cut-scenes are terrible, they're not skip able and if you die straight after they end you have to go through them again.
    >Vehicle movement. Truly hideous, the controls used are terrible and the movement is incomprehensibly unrealistic.
    >Black Ops is more like a film that you can play than a game. And by saying so I'm not trying to complement the storyline.
    >The Black Ops campaign took me abut 4 hours to complete and at least an hour of that was spend watching forced cutscenes and mini-films. Portal, the £5 gem from valve took me longer to complete and most say that Portal is more like a single episode than a whole game.
    >The Black Ops browser does not have a server IP search function. All previous CoD titles have IP search functions.
    >There were times when I laughed out loud at some of the content of this game, I was starting to think that Black Ops is a parody of contemporary FPS games near the end.

Overall, considering the hype of this release, the huge amount of rep the CoD franchise has and MW2, I was very disappointed with this game. My computer is high spec and yet when this game was first released it didn't even feel ready, no-one had tested it and I cannot count the number of times I died due to there being an invisible object in my way or a lag spike. If I could take this back and get a refund, I would in the blink of an eye.

ReputationRep:
    And my e-peen is bigger than yours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01010000 01001010)
    >Too much action equates into a total loss of realism.
    Everything else is fine, but this is exactly how CoD is supposed to be. It's an arcade style shooter.

Think of CoD as an action movie, like something directed by Michael Bay.

As someone who plays on the PC, you should be well aware of games that *are* supposed to be realistic, like: ArmA, America's Army, OFP, Project Reality, etc.

You shouldn't have had such high hopes for BO, though. It's a game made by Treyarch, set your expectations low and the game won't be as much of a let down. That doesn't make it any less rusbbish, but you'd have gotten more initial enjoyment out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Basicly, it is a perfectly marketed game what appeals to the casual gamer. It isn't a skilled FPS, it is just a noob friendly pick up and play.

In fairness the game is not the best, far from it. But it is fun, appeals to casual gamers and has alot of hype so it will always be talked about and have an active community.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan.Hanif93)
    Not because it's the better game though, because it isn't. Mw2 is just a bit more noob friendly i.e. the guns have almost non-existent recoil and therefore less skill is required to do well. I like Black Ops because most people on there simply cannot shoot their guns straight, therefore you get rewarded for being good with your weapon. Killstreaks are harder to build up to. Overall it's a much better game than Mw2.
    Well there are other factors as well that need to be considered...

As I can see, the TE is not a pro in any way in shooter games so it actually doesn't matter and he can decide later on whether he would like to play BO. Another point is, the money you pay for it is not worth it (my opinion) BO is just a recap of MW2 with a new currency system, new game modes and little details such as. And finally, the most suprising reason is, MW2 does not need a high end PC. I got a PC Model of 2006 and not even one of the new games work on it. I tried COD 4 & 5 and they lagged as hell and then I tried MW2 just for the fun of it and what happened - it went soo smoothly... I dunno what the reasons are but it worked for me and then I've decided to buy it:rolleyes: Well, I tried BO on my computer and the same results as the from 4 & 5. And in Addition, the general laggs of Activisions.

Oh I see I'm jabbering away.. I betta stop xD

cu

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.