Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ohmygawd people. It's You're. Not Your Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Simple. I don't think that all people that do that are stupid, 'your' just being lazy aren't you

And yeah I know it's a minor gripe compared some eye destroying ways other people type online but still
    It annoys me when people don't bother to put a full stops or question marks after sentences. Is it really that much effort to do so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaykiie)
    Without this coming across as patronising or anything, you believe that it's not hard for people to type an extra three characters and I believe that it's not hard for people to punctuate their sentences correctly...
    fair enough, putting this all in context, I can't be bothered to type in proper sentences on forums online or punctuate them properly

some people can't be bothered to type 3 extra letters to a certain word. I'd be a hypocrite to say I type / text with perfect grammar all the time, who does. But seeing people do that is still annoying to me

ReputationRep:
    You're thread was a helpful insight and your a great help

ReputationRep:
    fair enough, putting this all in context, I can't be bothered to type in proper sentences on forums online or punctuate them properly

some people can't be bothered to type 3 extra letters to a certain word. I'd be a hypocrite to say I type / text with perfect grammar all the time, who does. But seeing people do that is still annoying to me
    Lecturing others on their language usage opens yourself up to criticism so if you're going to do it, at least make sure that your OP is written in a better manner than it was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electriic_ink)
    Why didn't make the effort to proofread your post? It's SO EASY. What's so hard about spending a few seconds making sure your post makes grammatical sense?
    Intentional irony?

ReputationRep:
    Lecturing others on their language usage opens yourself up to criticism so if you're going to do it, at least make sure that your OP is written in a better manner than it was.
    Tbh, even if he did write the OP is perfect English there'd still be some nobhead who would search through his posts from a spelling or grammar error. He can't win XP

ReputationRep:
    You can't ever win. Serious thread, joke thread, whatever, you always get criticism and trollin'. That is the way of tsr, thank you all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dzeh)
    And there was me thinking it was 'ure'..
    Who's that in your sig? :coma:

ReputationRep:
    props 2 dis man

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, even if he did write the OP is perfect English there'd still be some nobhead who would search through his posts from a spelling or grammar error. He can't win XP
    True, true :p:

So it's best to not criticise others on their language use (publicly at least ). We all have our pet peeves, I do too (a little situation involving apostrophes :p:) but I won't make a thread about it because then people will be mean to me too

ReputationRep:
    True, true :p:

So it's best to not criticise others on their language use (publicly at least ). We all have our pet peeves, I do too (a little situation involving apostrophes :p:) but I won't make a thread about it because then people will be mean to me too
    Haha. I had an English teacher who claimed to carry around a permanent marker to put in missing apostrophes on signs :p:

ReputationRep:
    so... this is turning into an impromptu chat thread now?

Nice, well I should really sleep... but True Blood is so freaky and interesting it's keeping me up

ReputationRep:
    Haha. I had an English teacher who claimed to carry around a permanent marker to put in missing apostrophes on signs :p:

Me too

:ninja: I actually have corrected one sign before...

ReputationRep:
    so... this is turning into an impromptu chat thread now?

Nice, well I should really sleep... but True Blood is so freaky and interesting it's keeping me up
    Oh you redeem yourself right there.

True Blood = instant like.

ReputationRep:
    Fo' shizzle?

ReputationRep:
    Oh you redeem yourself right there.

True Blood = instant like.
    Oh yesss it's such a good drama, high quality show fo reals. Need to get back into it properly though cos I stopped watching since I got into the Vampire Diaries, no room for 2 vampire TV shows at the same time maybe :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yesss it's such a good drama, high quality show fo reals. Need to get back into it properly though cos I stopped watching since I got into the Vampire Diaries, no room for 2 vampire TV shows at the same time maybe :cool:
    Too true, but True Blood always takes priority for me :love:

Gutted that season 2 finished last week (channel 4).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linweth)
    Fo' shizzle?
    for shizzles, indeed

I'd like to see some Gentleman rap making it mainstream, grime for the upper classes. Prince William doing a collab with N Dubz. Oh god

ReputationRep:
    Too true, but True Blood always takes priority for me :love:

Gutted that season 2 finished last week (channel 4).
    Yeah tis awesome. I've know that Anna Paquin is a good actress but she's really good on TV shows'

ahh didn't know that. I'm literally just watching the finale now, it's sooo freaky lol I don't fully know what's going on

S3's started in America hasn't it?

anyway I'mma like try to sleep, so later

ReputationRep:
    stfu: your gay'. go Play with you're penis,

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.