Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Flatmate is so digusting I think he is affecting my health due to his hygine. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Pretty funny thread to read from an outsiders view.

I pity you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnytheFox)
    Then why the hell did you move in, dip****? If the guy couldn't even be bothered to clean up while he was showing prospective tennants around, surely that should have set some alarm bells ringing?
    This. If he never cleans up, then the house would clearly have been in a state when you looked around; you saw what you were getting into.

ReputationRep:
    Have sex with him on his filthy floor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EarlHickey)
    Ah but theres zero guarantee that I will get tidy housemates is there, in EVERY house I have lived in the last 3 years all student places I havent had a single tidy housemate, the first had a cleaner so the tenants left all their rubbish about, the second was a large 40 bedroom building that most tenants were messy, even had one tenant who never cooked and put piles of pizza boxes on his windowsil and then pushed them out onto passers by which attracted complaints.

Then had another were someone stained the floor with some ultra strong curry powder, and left pots filled with grease all over the place.

Dont forget that students are very messy people so you expect some mess.
    Have you ever wondered if you might not be overreacting a little?

If everyone you've ever lived with has been a 'slob' - ever considered that the problem might be you being OCD, not them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryRepeating)
    Have you ever wondered if you might not be overreacting a little?

If everyone you've ever lived with has been a 'slob' - ever considered that the problem might be you being OCD, not them?
    I never said every student I have lived with is a slob I said never had a TIDY flatmate theres a difference since you expect some messyness as I said.

I am very disorganised so cant find stuff in my room, however its tidy so I am nowhere near perfect.

The place I lived 2 years ago that had the 40 rooms eventually got rat infested it was that bad, the current place has bugs under the living room furniture and I scratch a lot here, and if you dont think poo smeared inside the toilet and left for days(when I am not there) isnt me being OCD then what do you think is clean?

ReputationRep:
    I lived with a similar flatmate a couple of years ago. He made so much mess, and left so much rubbish lying around. He also liked to throw up in the shower after he'd been drinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnytheFox)
    Then why the hell did you move in, dip****? If the guy couldn't even be bothered to clean up while he was showing prospective tennants around, surely that should have set some alarm bells ringing?
    Simple. I knew I could clean up just assumed he wouldnt be so lazy to not even put rubbish in the bin, and even if he did it would be a case of me just picking up the food packaging and putting it in bin.

I didnt realise he was so bad also he didnt aim for his cup when putting sugar and coffee in, or when making a roll up cigarette to spill most tobacco on the table and floor.

I wouldnt care if that was in his own room but he spends all his free time not studying in living room smoking and eating and on his PS3 so by the time I have gone to bed and woken up in morning the place has some mess. by the afternoon its like he hasnt cleaned up in days with stuff everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting a studio flat in second year uni FO SHO!!! Haha xD

ReputationRep:
    Clean his room for him? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Trust me my flatmate is much worse. He dumps right on the floor; not even bothering with the toilet Whenever he pleasures himself, that just ends up all over the sofa. I think he relieves himself on the crysanthemums

ReputationRep:
    There will be something in the contract which states that you promise to keep the house in a tidy, hygenic condition.. ring your landlord.

ReputationRep:
    Well... you say you've got bugs under the sofa. Inform your landlord of this immediatly. What have you said to your housemate so far? I think if there is some sort of infestation then the guy really needs to be gone... and if your landlord finds bugs, and realises that its your housemates fault, then I'm sure the guy could be kicked out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EarlHickey)
    Ah but theres zero guarantee that I will get tidy housemates is there, in EVERY house I have lived in the last 3 years all student places I havent had a single tidy housemate, the first had a cleaner so the tenants left all their rubbish about, the second was a large 40 bedroom building that most tenants were messy, even had one tenant who never cooked and put piles of pizza boxes on his windowsil and then pushed them out onto passers by which attracted complaints.

Then had another were someone stained the floor with some ultra strong curry powder, and left pots filled with grease all over the place.

Dont forget that students are very messy people so you expect some mess.
    Why move into random houses as opposed to getting a house with your mates? At least if their your mates, but they're still messy people then they'll make some effort in trying not to leave the house a tip. And plus they're not going to steal your food.

ReputationRep:
    Show him how to clean, and clean together. If he refuses to clean with you and learn about responsibility, tell him you think he's been stealing your food and that you'll go to the landlord if he doesn't get his act together. I would gather evidence of him stealing as well so you can substantiate your case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VivaLatzy)
    Pretty funny thread to read from an outsiders view.

I pity you.
    I agree :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    Clean his room for him? :dontknow:
    Good idea

ReputationRep:
    Get out

ReputationRep:
    Get a cleaner? I agree that some students are disgusting though. I've lived in halls for my entire three years at uni and this is the first year where the people in my kitchen have actually done their washing up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mistermeowingtons)
    I lived with a similar flatmate a couple of years ago. He made so much mess, and left so much rubbish lying around. He also liked to throw up in the shower after he'd been drinking.
    At least he didn't throw up all over your bed.

ReputationRep:
    Burn him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.