Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is Justin Bieber that bad? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for the guy. Children haven't developed enough to realise what their actions will mean in the future. He's been used by a load of 'successful adults' that he should be able to trust, so he can gain millions of pounds for them. What he doesn't realise through lack of experience & age is that fame is quite a dangerous, life changing thing. There should be someone looking out for him that he can trust to make good decisions for him. This much fame at such a young age is not good (as proven with various people), let alone the amount of hate the companies are responsible for putting him in.

Poor kid.

ReputationRep:
    No. He's worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GuitarDouche)
    Yeah sure he's a douche but he gets the pussaaaay, surely that means he can't be THAT bad, sure he's new hendrix on the g-tar but the little guy can sure bust a move!
    What do you think?
    He doesnt get any pussaaaay, because he is a telentless, pre-pubescent little brat, who no girl over the age of 16 would ever look twice at.

ReputationRep:
    and he has a lesbian haircut.

http://lesbianswholooklikejustinbieber.tumblr.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by basketofsnakes)
    strong makeup

eugh, I think I just sicked up a little bit in my mouth :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    fair enough he might be one of the most annoying celebs out there at the morning. But hey dat doesnt stop him from getting MONEY! he is totally rich now and he is flipping 16 and has an auto bio out WTF! u havent lived that long love and u have been in the industry that long to release a book about urself. I think he is still cute hate his music doe. One thing i think he totally sucks at is his miming! WOW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    I feel sorry for the guy. Children haven't developed enough to realise what their actions will mean in the future. He's been used by a load of 'successful adults' that he should be able to trust, so he can gain millions of pounds for them. What he doesn't realise through lack of experience & age is that fame is quite a dangerous, life changing thing. There should be someone looking out for him that he can trust to make good decisions for him. This much fame at such a young age is not good (as proven with various people), let alone the amount of hate the companies are responsible for putting him in.

Poor kid.
    He's gone from lower mid class to rich as hell - the top 1% probably.

doesn't deserve any sympathy.

ReputationRep:
    Beiber isn't that bad, well his songs ain't, he looks about 12 years old and yet loads of girls above the age of 16 find him totally gorgeous, he looks like a baby! no wonder he sung 'baby!'

ReputationRep:
    He's just generally a douche.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRevolution)
    He's gone from lower mid class to rich as hell - the top 1% probably.

doesn't deserve any sympathy.
    In my opinion that isn't the best thing for a kid. It's a permanent life change that he's been forced into. He can't change it when he gets to a certain age.

ReputationRep:
    Talentless, jealousy

ReputationRep:
    I just hate his bloody stupid bowl haircut and the fact that thousands of 15 year old boys have actually replicated said awful hairstyle.

ReputationRep:
    I like a couple of his songs, so I think he's OK. Most of his songs are kinda boring though, so it that way, I do think he's slightly overrated. That said, he really doesn't deserve this all ridiculous hate he gets, it's ludicrous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    In my opinion that isn't the best thing for a kid. It's a permanent life change that he's been forced into. He can't change it when he gets to a certain age.
    forced? really?

Can't get out of his new wealthy life? What a shame.

Price of millions and millions of dollars is a bit of fame and you think he can't handle it as he gets older? Yeah, I guess he really does have it bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRevolution)
    forced? really?

Can't get out of his new wealthy life? What a shame.

Price of millions and millions of dollars is a bit of fame and you think he can't handle it as he gets older? Yeah, I guess he really does have it bad.
    OK, we'll see when he ends up topping himself because of a drug addiction and depression caused by a crazy life.

All I'm saying is I wouldn't want to be him. I enjoy my life as it is. My friends aren't hanging around for any other reason than they like me, I can walk down the street without people screaming and mobbing me within 2 seconds. I can drive anywhere I want without mental journalists seemingly trying to run me off the road. I can **** whoever I want without thousands of stories in thousands of newspapers & magazines documenting my every move.

I'd take being comfortable over uncomfortable any day. Anyone who really wants that level of fame should get a solid group of friends first, keep them by your side and probably have a parent as a manager. Any other way and you'll get raped from every angle. You're a mug if you think otherwise.

For a 16 year old to plunge into this incredible amount of fame & hatred is not healthy and I'm betting he'll pay for it in later life. Money is not everything my friend!

(Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
      That said, he really doesn't deserve this all ridiculous hate he gets, it's ludicrous!
      Ridiculous hate comes as a direct result of ridiculous hype. We don't be hatin' for nothin' :wink2:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Stricof)
      Ridiculous hate comes as a direct result of ridiculous hype. We don't be hatin' for nothin' :wink2:
      OK, fair enough, but I just don't see very much point in wasting energy hating on something so benign. If you dislike something, why not just ignore it, accept it and move on?

ReputationRep:
      I think he's pretty talented, great dancer.

Dislike his personality because he has a bit of an arrogant vibe to him, he's not particularly clever because he doesn't acknowledge the existence of German as a language...and I don't think he's particularly doing his part to be a good role model for his teen fans in terms of sending out a positive message of some sort.

It's hard because even if he is a genuinely great musician he won't be as much of a success doing serious songs because it's hard to take a 17 year old looking the way he does seriously. So he has no other option but to capitalise on the teen market.

Put it this way, he has millions of girls screaming his name who would drop their knickers at his command, he's earning millions, he's the most popular thing in the media (record youtube hits etc.), and he's up for a grammy this year.

I don't know many guys out there who would say no to all that, so he's done well.

Maybe he'll be a justin timberlake sort of artist when he's in his mid 20's

ReputationRep:
      Frankly I don't understand his success but I'm not angry against him, I'm angry against his legions of fans for allowing this sort of repetitive pop to smother all other genres and artists. Also because of him I now have trouble taking the sexual preferences of women seriously. They complain about the lack of manliness in modern men, then fall for Bieber's prepubescent looks. Of course this is what fuels the hate and incomprehension of most men who dislike him. There's no telling what he might become later on, though, so I say wait and see, wait and see.

ReputationRep:
      I have not seen a single quote from Bieber in which he doesn't mention being attracted to either a particular girl or a certain demographic of girls. It become annoying after a while. That, and everything else about him.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.