Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Buy an iphone 4 or ipod touch 4g? Watch

phone
      it has a better camera
      and you can also call people on it from all over

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by AgentSushi)
      Yeah not sure if I can justify the cost, its more than my car lol. Im thinking of going and getting the 32gb ipod touch from hmv they have a deal for £249 with free £25 itunes voucher and £20 hmv gift card. I will proberly sell my ipod classic to cex.
      If I were you, i'd keeep the iPod Classic, I keep mine as a backup for long journeys and as a way of transferring my whole library from computer to computer.

(Original post by Nayberay)
        If I were you, i'd keeep the iPod Classic, I keep mine as a backup for long journeys and as a way of transferring my whole library from computer to computer.
        nice avatar!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by blueray)
        nice avatar!
        Haha cheers.

ReputationRep:
        If you get the iPhone from orange on pay as you go, you can get it for £499, with 250MB of free internet per month for 12 months, and also if you go on the dolphin package, everytime you top up £10 you'd get another 100MB of internet allowance for that month which ain't too bad at all

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by AgentSushi)
        Okay, this will be slightly embarassing if I'm wrong, but i swear HANDS DOWN, that on my friends ipod touch she has internet and can go on facebook, and what not (i know there is a "paying option" but she just uses wifi when its available).... So you will still have aps, and intrernet...

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by joebro)
        1) iphone batteries are ****, and once it goes, you lose phone, music, games, everything
        Rubbish. The batteries are inbuilt, but they should last for at least 2 years or so. By that time you'd be getting a new phone. Anyway, you wouldn't lose anything because its all stored in iTunes. So you could get a new iPhone, connect it to your computer and sync all your stuff back onto it. Even then you don't need to get a new one cos apple will just replace the battery.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by WelshBluebird)
        Rubbish. The batteries are inbuilt, but they should last for at least 2 years or so. By that time you'd be getting a new phone. Anyway, you wouldn't lose anything because its all stored in iTunes. So you could get a new iPhone, connect it to your computer and sync all your stuff back onto it. Even then you don't need to get a new one cos apple will just replace the battery.
        i mean when you are out and about

you have to charge it every night to even have a hope at all. and say you are going to spend a day in town, you play games on the bus on the way in and your battery gets low, it matters much less if you have another phone in your pocket on full battery.

ReputationRep:
        i mean when you are out and about

you have to charge it every night to even have a hope at all. and say you are going to spend a day in town, you play games on the bus on the way in and your battery gets low, it matters much less if you have another phone in your pocket on full battery.
        Thats the same with any smartphone though. Not just the iPhone.
        Plus, the iPhone 4's battery is an awful lot better than other smartphones. I had a Sony Erricson Xperia X1 that wouldn't even last half a day. My iPhone can last 2.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by WelshBluebird)
        Thats the same with any smartphone though. Not just the iPhone.
        Plus, the iPhone 4's battery is an awful lot better than other smartphones. I had a Sony Erricson Xperia X1 that wouldn't even last half a day. My iPhone can last 2.
        but i am not arguing that you should get a smartphone, i am saying that this bro should get an ipod touch instead of a smartphone, and then a random other phone

+

is the best

ReputationRep:
        How much is the iphone 7 in tescos?

(Original post by Dekota-XS)
          How much is the iphone 7 in tescos?
          i phone 7??? u mean 4...

ReputationRep:
          1) iphone batteries are ****, and once it goes, you lose phone, music, games, everything
          I seriously hope that's a joke... You don't lose a thing when the battery dies by the way in case that was actually a serious point.

And the batteries are fine, I've had mine last 10 days of frequent use and it was still on 35%. It's all about learning how the get the best out of the battery, same with any electrical device.

I've had mine last 10 days of frequent use and it was still on 35%

OMG WOW!

ReputationRep:
            If you have an iPod classic already, don't waste your money on an iPod touch!

If you have a phone already, don't waste your money on an iPhone!

Honestly, it's just a gadget, and definately not worth almost £200 (speaking for the iPod touch). I like it but I do regret it. It's not a 'must have'.

ReputationRep:
            iPhone 4, saves you dragging a bulky itouch and your normal phone around

i phone4 is worth it if you can waste that kind of money i would get the Samsung galaxy s

ReputationRep:
              I went for a deal to get an Apple Ipod Touch from Tesco.

I figure I will get one of the new android phones instead of an iphone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
            What newspaper do you read/prefer?
            Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
          • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
            Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.