Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men being beaten off women's train in India. Watch

ReputationRep:
    LOL the fu

Indias' equivalent of happy slapping? If those beating are happening for no apparent reason, that makes this twice as hilarious

ReputationRep:
    WTF for real, dunno what to say. Never knew there were men and women trains in India, it isn't that much of a muslim country but does have many muslims. Our culture does have women and men separated though even for dinner, temple etc but then again I wouldn't know much as I haven't been to India in ages.

Am shocked, did any of the women really beat the men up for e.g. if they know karate/ martial arts?

Also why did the men go into the women's carriage in the 1st place?

Am not surprise, a lot of Asian men are perves and in our society they are seen to have more power. For e.g. women aren't seen to be aloud to drink etc. :rolleyes: Really quite sad though, hope India turns more western, modern, more gender equality etc.

Also what if it is a father with a daughter on a train etc, families, what would they do if they wanna travel?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, what.. Deary me.

I don't know why women and men trains is a strange concept to people. It's quite common in Asia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd360)
    It's strange that a culture as strange as this even has trains. I would have thought they would have some sort carriage powered by millions of ants or some sort of flintstones vehicle replica.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Lol - where is this in India?

All trains I've travelled on round Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore have been mixed. There's no separation of the genders, though I heard up north there are 'male-only' and 'female-only' carriages.

Why aren't those men putting up a fight? They seem to be completely docile? The women aren't even punching them, just slapping! Very stange..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Lol - where is this in India?

All trains I've travelled on round Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore have been mixed. There's no separation of the genders, though I heard up north there are 'male-only' and 'female-only' carriages.

Why aren't those men putting up a fight? They seem to be completely docile? The women aren't even punching them, just slapping! Very stange..
    In fairness guys cannot hit women back. About the most any of us can do in that situation is block with your arm out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomInce6666)
    Er? Are these exclusively women-only carriages? This **** is just weird.
    Yeah they are, he shouldn't have been there but that kinda response is retarded.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been India since I was maybe 8. Those trains look quite modern, remember using proper oldschool trains back then, can't remember was maybe Bombay.

Ye it doesn't seem like the women are beating them up, slapping seems a bit sissy thing. Bollywood films rarely have Indian women kickass and be all macho strong though, usually all naheen muje chod diya or whatever it is lol no leave me alone/ let me ago? I dunno don't watch them as they're crap but the women in them are mostly seen as damsell in distresses who can't protect themselves and always need some man to get married to. :rolleyes:

In our culture the men somewhat have more say, women do housework, look after kids, don't get that much of a chance in education/ work in comparison. There is somewhat different treatment towards both gender's rights.

It probably is more safe to have the women have their own trains because of the risk of being harassed, molested etc.

ReputationRep:
    I lol'd at 0:40 :lol:

ReputationRep:
    It seems the reaction is like a man walking into women's bathroom? :ahhhhh:

(Original post by ussumane)

Someone actually neg me, probably thinking I was being sexist, not knowing what I mean't. But you Sir are a winner! :awesome:
      It might be because it's the first comment you can see on the YouTube video, so a little unoriginal maybe? :dontknow:

They were not exactly being 'beaten', just slapped and roughly handled.

ReputationRep:
      It's strange that a culture as strange as this even has trains. I would have thought they would have some sort carriage powered by millions of ants or some sort of flintstones vehicle replica.
      You thought wrong, don't comment on cultures you have no knowledge about.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Onyx.)
      It might be because it's the first comment you can see on the YouTube video, so a little unoriginal maybe? :dontknow:

They were not exactly being 'beaten', just slapped and roughly handled.
      Oh I didn't see that tbh.

ReputationRep:
      ha! i literally could not stop laughing! the woman at 0:28 is hilarious - just appears out of nowhere and tries to get in as many slaps as possible. and the poor old man at 0:26 lol he looks terrified!
      we should have trains like these. looks fun

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jaggedspike)
      You thought wrong, don't comment on cultures you have no knowledge about.
      So this thread is only for people who are familiar with train incidents such as this, OK cool, seems like a pretty pointless thread then.

You know, you make it sound as though my "thoughts" were stupid, but when you actually look at what they were being compared to, one might have to wonder...

ReputationRep:
      :rofl: at the guy doing squats. What were they doing in a women's train anyway?

ReputationRep:
      crazy women !

ReputationRep:
      'Beaten off'...

ReputationRep:
      So this thread is only for people who are familiar with train incidents such as this, OK cool, seems like a pretty pointless thread then.

You know, you make it sound as though my "thoughts" were stupid, but when you actually look at what they were being compared to, one might have to wonder...
      Agreed but your post was derogatory.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ussumane)
      How can she slap?
      Lmfao I totally forgot about the How can she slap guy. +rep sir.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.