Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is slipping on ice on your own the most embarrassing thing ever? Watch

ReputationRep:
    lol no. But it did happen to me on Wednesday! The first thing you do is turn around to see if anyone saw you.

ReputationRep:
    i think flashing your whole lax team is far worse than falling over on ice

ReputationRep:
    Would be more embarrassing if you ended up on the news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJAez...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    LOL, I slipped last year winter, quickly got up, checked left and right to see if anybody saw, and carried on walking...

ReputationRep:
    No I don't. Since it's ice, it's justified a bit.

Slipping when it isn't icy is another story.

Oh and btw if you want to cease the laughter just lay there with your eyes closed no moving for about 10 mins. The laughter will come to an abrupt stop.

ReputationRep:
    They think nobody's watching.. absolutely classic times!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlkIx...layer_embedded

ReputationRep:
    I've nearly slipped so many times these past two days.

It's probably likely that a few of those people that laughed at you have also by now slipped over. It's not easy walking on ice... but just ignore those that laugh... they'll fall over sooner or later

I managed to recover from the most embarrassing slip ever. Geography school trip a few years back... I decided to get past some people in the group by running on a slight slope of grass that was soaked from the rain.... did not go as planned. Supposedly I got back up in the blink of an eye and acted like nothing happened :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I slipped over trying to avoid walking into two old ladies.

Most embarrassing as a bus load of school kids were going by at the time as well.

ReputationRep:
    It is embarraing, and has happened to me before,lol. Quite badly as well!
    But I don't laugh at other people who slip. I don't know, I'm always too shocked and just try to ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    It's embarassing but laugh it off........it's better than.....

feeling really happy and feeling like "this has been such a good day today" and then realising that you have been walking through college with your skirt tucked into your nickers .....and then you understand why there were so man people laughing at you.....

that has happened to me before .....lol

ReputationRep:
    It is really embarrassing. Last year when it snowed I slipped on the ice and fell over, went to get up again and slipped as I tried to stand - so fell over a second time. That would have been really embarrassing but luckily nobody saw me! I try to avoid it now by walking really slowly which makes me look like an idiot haha.

ReputationRep:
    start breakdancing, so that you can pretend the slip was part of an act

ReputationRep:
    Happened to me last night, probably deserved it for laughing at a girl slipping earlier that day.

Nothing you can do but laugh it off, glad only 3 people saw it though!

ReputationRep:
    Yes you feel stupid but everybody can fall in the ice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spocckka)
    I was walking down main street in my town, just daydreaming and listening to my iPod when I randomly just slipped onto my backside on ice. Everybody saw and loads of cars beeped at my. People were laughing from the other side of the street.

There is no cool way to recover from that.

Who else has experienced this?
    I think making out with your nan then having your girlfriend walk in is kinda .... more embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    I continue to slide along on my butt to try to look cool and like I meant to do it. That's how you recover from that.

Or carry a Mac-10 and gun down everyone around you.

ReputationRep:
    The solution is when you land, do a Macaco. Then you can just be like "Yeah, I'm cool. I just do this in the street, that's how I roll."

Thusly:

ReputationRep:
    I think pretty much everyone has slipped either this time, or when it was bad in January. Nothing you can do about it now at all apart from forget about it, move on, and maybe pay a little more attention when you're walking next time!

(Original post by CoffeeStinks)
      No I don't. Since it's ice, it's justified a bit.

Slipping when it isn't icy is another story.

Oh and btw if you want to cease the laughter just lay there with your eyes closed no moving for about 10 mins. The laughter will come to an abrupt stop.
      Then just get up and pretend you were playing the lying down game

ReputationRep:
      I take your slip on Ice and raise you 10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv4Ya0XZLi4

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.