Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Righto, Gonna ring them now, and plead for an extension.

(Original post by TheSownRose)
      Depending on what you want from uni, though, has the potential to be nowhere near an enjoyable.

That's true, people say student life at Birkbeck is dead, usually it is geared towards mature students that work full time(this has changed slightly because now they offer some full time daytime courses). Some say they can compensate for this by joining the rest of the University of London student unions and societies. This of course is something for the OP to consider, I just gave her another option.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Hannahismee)
      Righto, Gonna ring them now, and plead for an extension.
      Let us know how it goes/has gone.

ReputationRep:
      London South Bank

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cybergrad)
      Birkbeck, University of London? Much better reputation than South Bank, London Met etc etc
      does Birkbeck even accept undergraduates?

(Original post by buson32)
        does Birkbeck even accept undergraduates?
        Of course it does, nowadays even larger numbers than it used to. Having the option to graduate debt free appeals to many students nowadays.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by cybergrad)
        Of course it does, nowadays even larger numbers than it used to. Having the option to graduate debt free appeals to many students nowadays.
        Well regardless of that, its not a place with low entry requirements

for most courses it seems to ask for at least ABB, and they're a very small institution

low entry would be
        London south bank
        Westminister
        Greenwich
        London Met

or brighton, st mary, cantebury chrst, coventry etc

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by moonlight_freakout)
        why not look at london unis? maybe queen mary, city or something along those lines?
        Is Queen Mary a hard university to get into? I was looking at it yesterday considering a Law degree with the subjects History, English Literature, Mathematics, Politics & Economics (probably History, English Literature and Mathematics A2).

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
        Is Queen Mary a hard university to get into? I was looking at it yesterday considering a Law degree with the subjects History, English Literature, Mathematics, Politics & Economics (probably History, English Literature and Mathematics A2).
        Depends what you mean by "hard" and for what subjects. I'm not sure how hard Law is to get into - they do ask for decent grades (not sure how many ucas points though)

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Hannahismee)
        X
        What happened in the end, OP?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by moonlight_freakout)
        why not look at london unis? maybe queen mary, city or something along those lines?

You're insanely thick if you think you can get into QMUL Politics with CCC. If you don't know anything, don't give useless advice.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
        For law, yes (not the hardest, but certainly not the easiest). It's very competitive in some subjects.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
        You're insanely thick if you think you can get into QMUL Politics with CCC. If you don't know anything, don't give useless advice.
        His predicted are ABB, not CCC - now I don't know much about QMUL i'll admit that, but from where i'm standing ABB seems alright for queen mary, at least for most subjects...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.