Turn on thread page Beta

Why do people like Twilight?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    I was being sarcastic.

I meant that a year ago everyone was getting wet over Twilight, then a few people started to hate it and now everyones like 'OH yeah twilight is the biggest **** evaaa etc etc' , hence why I put 'cool', it seems to be 'fad/trend' to hate it.
    Well tbh I think people are so pathetic. That they feel the need to follow in a trend. I loved Twilight but not because everyone else did at the time.

I really don't understand this trend bull****, why can't people just either like/dislike something without it becoming some sort of sheep affair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    Well tbh I think people are so pathetic. That they feel the need to follow in a trend. I loved Twilight but not because everyone else did at the time.

I really don't understand this trend bull****, why can't people just either like/dislike something without it becoming some sort of sheep affair
    I've only read the first book so I don't like to judge it, but I know before all my friends were like 'ZOMG Edward Cullen, oh I want their relationship,so dreamy' and now everyone claims it to be the disgrace of the earth, I'm sure all the people who pretend to hate it watch/read it in secret still though haha.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    To be honest, the books are good although I have not even finished reading the first book yet :P What makes it worse is the film and the casts - they are boring, can't act and just sell their looks to be honest. And that is what makes me not like Twilight.

ReputationRep:
    Rob will always be Cedric to me.

ReputationRep:
    I liked it because I liked the story and I thought the books were very good, although I only finished the twilight book after I'd seen the film. Also, there's a pretty good-looking cast...in particular Taylor Lautner :p: New Moon and Eclipse were so much better than Twilight, which was quite boring when I watched it a while ago!

ReputationRep:
    I think its okay... but im not crazy about it tbh
    I've heard the books are better.

The hype will probably end when something else comes out.

ReputationRep:
    Never seen it, don't plan to see it, don't want to see it.

I won't ever understand the obsession with that Pattinson guy, nobody seemed to care when he was in Harry Potter so what's the difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)

A career in human psychology is not beckoning you.

ReputationRep:
    Op: you are homosex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipulledhermione)
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter amazing.
    Jk Rowling is god DDD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipulledhermione)
    how did you know?

ReputationRep:
    Basic wish fulfilment, the motivation behind most terrible fiction. Same reason a lot of guys enjoy superhero movies and the exaggerated macho antics on display in action films like Crank, Rambo, etc, except instead of playing on the male desire for strength and power, it plays on the fantasy of 'the perfect boyfriend/husband/whatever'. It's a shame it's written so terribly, but if people enjoy it, they enjoy it. :dontknow:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Cos R Pattz is one sexy thing

ReputationRep:
    "People liked Coldplay and voting for the Nazis. You can't trust what people like."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonymousRules!)
    However, I'm bored of Twilight now and now I love the Vampire Diaries for many reasons. Can' wait for every Friday to watch an episode, whereas Twilight does nothing for me now; except that I think I was stupid being obsessed with it.
    this.
    i loved it loads, and then the films came out and everyone became obsessed and it got old. i got tired of people loving the 'film twilight' - the **** acting and differences from the book. they ruined it, now its been overplayed and too many fans, too many articles, once you big something up that much, it loses its original flare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNamelessOne)
    "People liked Coldplay and voting for the Nazis. You can't trust what people like."
    Coldplay are a damned good band. I've never understood why it became fashionable to hate on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Coldplay are a damned good band. I've never understood why it became fashionable to hate on them.

Well, he was quoting Peep Show, but it's probably to do with their perceived 'sissyness' and the mediocrity of X and Y, the overwrought, overplayed 'Fix You' in particular. There are certainly worse bands around at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christien)
    Well, he was quoting Peep Show, but it's probably to do with their perceived 'sissyness' and the mediocrity of X and Y, the overwrought, overplayed 'Fix You' in particular. There are certainly worse bands around at the moment.
    Yeah I know, but if anything that just shows how pervasive the sentiment is in society. :p: Parachutes and Rush of Blood are fantastic albums, and while X & Y was a bit disappointing I think Viva la Vida was definitely a step back in the right direction.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.