Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best cheap mascara? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Great Lord Xenu)
    It's not sarcasm, sir. I just wonder where you believe that the female ink sacs are located.
    Ask your mother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RUDEBOYBETTERKNOW)
    Ask your mother.
    Good one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    As I said above, I thought £5-£8 (what the OP says is cheap) seems expensive/ average. How much do you spend and what mascara do you recommend (since I seem terribly unknowledgeable)?
    Ohh, £5-£8 is cheap? I recommend maybelline's new volume express 'the falsies' I spend around £6-8 on mascara

ReputationRep:
    Normally I use mac but considering I'm a bit poor till I can get another for Christmas, I got a natural collection one which was like £2, I didn't see the point in paying much for something that needs to last me till Christmas but it's surprisingly good.

ReputationRep:
    Why you're pretty just the way you are :tehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lintu93)
    So I need to buy some new mascara, and was wondering if anyone could recommend any good mascara thats also quite cheap.

By cheap, I mean £5-£8.

Thanks
    MaxFactor False Lash Look, it's amazing! About £8, but i got some on eBay for a couple of quid less, it's bloody amazing stuff and takes like 2 minutes to put on

ReputationRep:
    Maxfactor Masterpiece is what I use, but I think it's the wand that makes the mascara really. So, you could just get a cheap-ish mascara and use your favourite wand with it.

ReputationRep:
    £8 for mascara? you crazy people.
    I use one from poundland, seriously works really well. before that I used collection 2000.
    But surely its in the technique? I could buy the most expensive mascara and put it wrong then what would be the point

ReputationRep:
    Avon Supershock is very good.Originally £8 but now down to £4.

ReputationRep:
    use MUA from superdrug - its a really good mascara and very very cheap (£1 but if you just keep the brush/wand from your old one it looks like it should be much more expensive, you can only tell its cheap if youve used the brush it comes with, because that does make it look clumpy)

ReputationRep:
    try rimmel lash accelerator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Verthandi)
    As above, Maybelline Great lash is a classic (though it only comes in black). I currently use Rimmel sexy curves in brown/black which is quite good, as black mascara is too harsh for me.
    I've tried many many expensive mascaras, and Maybelline Great lash is better than any of them. My eyelashes are really light blonde, but I dye my hair dark so it looks weird if I don't wear mascara, and I have really long lashes so clumping is an issue. Even the >$30 mascaras I tried haven't been as good, and you can't beat the price. I can get it in a bunch of different colors in the US (http://www.maybelline.com/Product/Ey...le-mascara.htm), and it's <$5.

ReputationRep:
    to all the people who said cheap isnt good quality are talking ...S**t tbh cause i use from Bobbi Brown to Estee Lauder to Elf which is a company where everything is either 1.50 or 3.50 and thats £1.50 haha
    the quality of the elf mascara is good its nice and doesnt clump but doesnt last as long as bobbi brown but what can you expect for £1.50
    but honestly makeup doesnt need to be expensive to be good

ive used Makeup Academy from superdrug there eyeshadows are £1 and ive got my Bobbi Brown Palette and the pigmentation in the MUA's are about the same as Bobbi Brown but the Bobbi Brown is smoother but then again good pigmentation from MUA what can you expect for a £1

Toodles! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    I didn't realise £5-£8 is cheap for mascara - that seems expensive to me! Or maybe just an average price :erm:

Annnnyway, I use http://www.boots.com/en/Maybelline-G...-Mascara_6005/ which is good
    This mascara is the one! I promise you OP. It's quite affordable and it's amazing! I've been using it for months and I do not regret it. It's quite hard to take it off so it's rain-proff too.

ReputationRep:
    Woah so £7 is cheap now is it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrewwwbuchan)
    to all the people who said cheap isnt good quality are talking ...S**t tbh cause i use from Bobbi Brown to Estee Lauder to Elf which is a company where everything is either 1.50 or 3.50 and thats £1.50 haha
    the quality of the elf mascara is good its nice and doesnt clump but doesnt last as long as bobbi brown but what can you expect for £1.50
    but honestly makeup doesnt need to be expensive to be good

ive used Makeup Academy from superdrug there eyeshadows are £1 and ive got my Bobbi Brown Palette and the pigmentation in the MUA's are about the same as Bobbi Brown but the Bobbi Brown is smoother but then again good pigmentation from MUA what can you expect for a £1

Toodles! x
    I agree, all my makeup is ~£3 and my friends are like "oh but Chanel is worth the money, the eyeshadow will stay on all day" LIKE HELL. I wish it would. 2 hours and there's a line of eyeshadow left.....and that is all. Expensive makeup is such a scam, you're just paying for the brand. (Having said that, the £11.50 Urban Decay Primer actually works...)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.