Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law123mus)
    His birth parents are from ghana but i'm pretty sure he was born in italy. Then adopted by an italian family.
    Yeah so what he's still from Ghana.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cestvrai)
    Yeah so what he's still from Ghana.
    Well his heritage is ghanaian, but he himself is from italy. Apparently he's never even been to ghana so no he is not from ghana.

ReputationRep:
    Girls, girls men are talking here.

He has typical Italian behaviour shame they left him of the Italian team his just like them.
    Firstly, I have seen every home City game since I was 8, so please lay of the 'Girl' angle, you just look stupid.

Secondly, if indeed it was reaction to a bad tackle, would you not do the same? I know I would. It's been completely been blown out of proportion. I bet they're on the same pitch on Saturday, no problem.

Top teams all over the world have a*seholes in them, so why is it that only Balotelli is being highlighted? Simply just to sell papers off City.

Someone mentioned diving - it is part of the game now, like it or not. Drogba, Gerrard (starfish), and countless others do it every week.

In Italy, yes it has been reported he is a bit of a loose cannon, but show me these numerous incidents he has been involved in whilst at Manchester City that other footballers do not do on a regular basis/ have done in the past.

It's not like Balotelli is unique in doing things like diving, being a bit moody. Do you expect him to run around for 90 mins with a smile plastered to his face?

On Wednesday night he did not celebrate his goals, but maybe that was because he is not that bothered about scoring a couple in minus temperatures whilst is it snowing. Against Sunderland, he ran over to celebrate with Richards. Maybe he shows humility with his goals and celebrates his team mates'.

ReputationRep:
    Good player, needs to calm down though

Maybe his aggression has been provoked by long standing racist abuse while he played in Italy?

ReputationRep:
    I knew this was going to happen.

A couple of years ago I signed him as a teenager Arsenal on Football Manager. I had to pay about £17m I think. Straight after signing him, he said that he was flattered that Carlo Ancelotti had praised him to the media and that any move to AC Milan would be too good to turn down. So I thought less talking in the media, sunshine and I put him in hard core Aerobic and Strength training to whip some discipline into him. Next thing Pat Rice my assistant manager told me that Balotelli was unhappy with his training schedule. So I just ignored it. Then it said he was struggling to fit into the team as he did not have confidence in me, so I realised he was going to be a mouthy plank so I changed his squad status from key player to squad rotation system, then he got the UNH icon next to his name so I clicked on it and it said he felt he had been brought to the club under false pretences. So I transfer requested him and it said "Expecting to leave the club in the near future". So I offered him to clubs for £15m and a few came in (not Milan though) and on all of them he said he wouldn't go there unless I PAID HIM £25000 a week on top of what he was getting at his new club. So I thought have it your way gimp, and put him in the reserves, and fined him 2 weeks wages every week, so he was paying Arsenal £75000 a week. It was a nice little earner until William big mouth Gallas decided he was his mate and "does not want Balotelli to leave the club" and started saying he "feels you have treated your team mate unfairly". So I demoted Gallas from the captaincy and started fining him 2 weeks wages every week as well but then Gallas got unlikely solidarity from Robin Van Persie. I managed to sell Van Persie to Barcelona before the chairman sacked me following reports that I had lost the confidence of the dressing room.

I deleted the game and started it up again, but this time instead of signing Balotelli, I signed Oscar Cardozo from Benfica, who got his head down and scored goals and strangely I got on fine with Gallas and RVP...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law123mus)
    Well his heritage is ghanaian, but he himself is from italy. Apparently he's never even been to ghana so no he is not from ghana.
    So how does that make him Italian?

(Original post by Ill Munky)
    Firstly, I have seen every home City game since I was 8, so please lay of the 'Girl' angle, you just look stupid.
    Which one do you thinks the cutest player sweetie
    (Sorry I tried to pick a question that you would able to answer.)

:rofl:
    I'm just joking, I'm not sexist, girls who like football are my favourite type of girl.

ReputationRep:
    So how does that make him Italian?

Which one do you thinks the cutest player sweetie
    (Sorry I tried to pick a question that you would able to answer.)

:rofl:
    I'm just joking, I'm not sexist, girls who like football are my favourite type of girl.
    Well yes. He was born there and has an italian passport so at least by law he is italian. But he is a ghanaian descendant.

ReputationRep:
    You must have seen some sheeite in the early days. Were you watching when Dickov and Kevin Horlock were cult heroes? And Martin Buster Phillips "the man who will be the world's first £10m footballer"

ReputationRep:
    Mar-ee-oh Balohtelly

but nah he's sick doe. Bare rate the guy n dat

ReputationRep:
    Talented player, but a complete and utter prat. Wouldn't want him at my club (unrealistic I know with it being West Brom) but he's only going to tip the apple cart...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    You must have seen some sheeite in the early days. Were you watching when Dickov and Kevin Horlock were cult heroes? And Martin Buster Phillips "the man who will be the world's first £10m footballer"
    Yep I was there :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    yeah i wonder what you guys who are behind balotelli will say when he is caught wearing a Man U shirt in public, he has one of the worst attitudes of all the current high-profile professional players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)
    yeah i wonder what you guys who are behind balotelli will say when he is caught wearing a Man U shirt in public
    We will say "wtf??? a Man U fan who lives in Manchester??":eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    We will say "wtf??? a Man U fan who lives in Manchester??":eek:
    you a city fan?

live in stockport do ya?

ReputationRep:
    I don;t really like watching him cause of he's attitude and think he's all that when he is young, hasn't won anything, arrogent, i don't think he's a very good role model for kids who watch him. All in all this won't be the alst of him to go on paper and he won't be at city for very long I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    You should join the City society :yep: Also Anna Connel created the greatest football team ever, can't be much wrong with women and football.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly OT but -

that fight with Boateng was such a little ***** fight. Seriously. Fight like a man.

ReputationRep:
    Balotelli is a **** and that's why he's at City. A club that attracts players who are just after the money, players who just want the cash and aren't too bothered about actually winning football matches and football titles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Balotelli is a **** and that's why he's at City. A club that attracts players who are just after the money, players who just want the cash and aren't too bothered about actually winning football matches and football titles.
    If all they want is money, we have and give them plenty of money then why do they still argue?

ReputationRep:
    Growing up in a racist ****hole like Italy will do that to you. Not everyone is born an idiot. After years of abuse, it screws with you. He's obviously not totally blameless but people who can't grasp this fact are not really thinking.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.