Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boringrpg ;D Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Name one?

One game that actually says that it is for lazy people and is designed for people who are lazy and have too much time on their hands or deviate from the work they are meant to do often, and has such simplictiy in the way it is done yet still has over 5000 players and its not anywhere near complete yet?
    Marcoland
    Movoda
    Amaranthine
    Norron
    Mythos
    Syrnia
    Estiah
    Eternal Duel

etc...

Just go to any old text based MMORPG games list - there are hundreds - and you'll find plenty of games that are very similar. Same sort of system of play, same attributes and stats, even very similar stories a lot of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    Marcoland
    Movoda
    Amaranthine
    Norron
    Mythos
    Syrnia
    Estiah
    Eternal Duel

etc...

Just go to any old text based MMORPG games list - there are hundreds - and you'll find plenty of games that are very similar. Same sort of system of play, same attributes and stats, even very similar stories a lot of the time.
    Wow..

Ofcourse you have the same stats.. EVERY GAME DOES. HP , mana, strength etc etc are all basic common stats found in 95% of games.

There is no story in this game btw.

Like i said, any of them actually say they are designed for lazy people? actually made simple for lazy people ? no.

ReputationRep:
    Wow..

Ofcourse you have the same stats.. EVERY GAME DOES. HP , mana, strength etc etc are all basic common stats found in 95% of games.

There is no story in this game btw.

Like i said, any of them actually say they are designed for lazy people? actually made simple for lazy people ? no.

Yes, plenty of them are designed for lazy people. A lot of them require basically no interaction to gain stats and actually play the game. With some of them you can pretty much just sit there and watch them play themselves with the occasional click here and there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    Yes, plenty of them are designed for lazy people. A lot of them require basically no interaction to gain stats and actually play the game. With some of them you can pretty much just sit there and watch them play themselves with the occasional click here and there.
    Had a look at most of those games I could.
    Not one single game said it was DESIGNED for lazy people.

They may seem to be designed for lazy people, but its not.. that is just the general way a browser game such as those are made. Take a look at travian, ikariam, tribal wars etc. Not one of them would you say is designed for lazy people

So, pointing out a few similar feautres (features which are generic with all games of the type anyway) and saying its the same is a false statement.
    Backed up with no evidence of any game of the type saying it is, and being designed for, lazy people who procrastinate a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Had a look at most of those games I could.
    Not one single game said it was DESIGNED for lazy people.

They may seem to be designed for lazy people, but its not.. that is just the general way a browser game such as those are made. Take a look at travian, ikariam, tribal wars etc. Not one of them would you say is designed for lazy people

So, pointing out a few similar feautres (features which are generic with all games of the type anyway) and saying its the same is a false statement.
    Backed up with no evidence of any game of the type saying it is, and being designed for, lazy people who procrastinate a lot.
    Just because I can't be bothered to search the internet for ages to find ones that are more similar than the ones I posted doesn't mean they don't exist. I've seen them, tried them, got bored of them.

And it doesn't have to say "this is for lazy people" for it to be designed that way.

Besides, it's just some little online game, do you really need to continue arguing about it?

ReputationRep:
    Perfect World International.

I was addicted to it several years ago.

ReputationRep:
    boringrpg? You mean World of Warcraft?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.