Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is male masturbation equivalent to an abortion? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I support both.

I bet one is more pleasant than the other though.

ReputationRep:
    [MichaelPalin]Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great; if a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irate.[/Michael Palin]

In short: No.

ReputationRep:
    You do realise that sperm is released in wet dream if it builds up. This is obviously a biological process that will happen if a gut doesn't masturbate. So is that abortion? That’s forgetting the fact that sperm hasn’t fertilised an egg so there's no foetus or embryo to abort.

Abortion: "Termination of pregnancy" PREGNACY

Anyway, enough of being trolled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    You saved the day again, Cap'n Obvious!

tbh, it was a stupid question and needed an obvious stupid answer :/

ReputationRep:
    This will hardly be a controversial discussion, masturbation is not like an abortion.

Sperm are not living organisms, they are basically just little machines and don't even carry a full genome. They get turned over anyway if you don't release them, so it's no different to what happens naturally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Lollo*)
    You mean women ovulating? We only lose blood during our periods. The eggs come two weeks later.
    And our eggs will release themselves whether we do anything or not. If a guy masturbates two times a day, he "provokes" it, and (according to the Pope) "wastes" good sperm.

But obviously now I'm nitpicking, and I agree it is not abortion
    ohh

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    Nah mate, they sprout arms and legs and become frogs. The sperm whale business is just a myth.
    Oh, OK.

ReputationRep:
    You can tell it's a Friday night on TSR, no need for a calendar.

ReputationRep:
    Not unless you usually have foetuses coming out of the end of your knob.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Gemma !;28766580]Umm- technically two weeks before.. and the egg is lost at the same time as the blood. You know, while you're picking fault at his theory..[/QUOTE

Fine, a month = 4 weeks, it is give/take two weeks before the period and will be not so different from two weeks after the period before the next. The fertilization is what counts if we compare to masturbation, no matter when the egg leaves the body. I should have put it better probably, but point is still exactly the same.

ReputationRep:
    Are you F$%*$^% kidding me!? They are NOT comparable in the slightest. Ever heard of wet dreams? They are not voluntary, masturbation is a natural action, and need, abortion is not...... Douch. I swear TSR is flooded with gullible and utter retarded individuals. This is not a controversial debate, it's not even debateable amongst anyone who actually is sane....

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I believe this "discussion" is by far my favorite one from this site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    I believe I speak for everyone when I say: TSR, you never fail to deliver do you? :rolleyes:
    Abortion patients, however, generally fail to deliver. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Be right back, going to have a ****, and ejaculate alot of potential babies.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    Abortion patients, however, generally fail to deliver. :ninja:
    I see what you did there :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Lollo*)
    Fine, a month = 4 weeks, it is give/take two weeks before the period and will be not so different from two weeks after the period before the next. The fertilization is what counts if we compare to masturbation, no matter when the egg leaves the body. I should have put it better probably, but point is still exactly the same.
    No, what I meant was, the egg that's released 2 weeks after the period is the one in the next cycle.. you were making it sound like they were completely different things.

ReputationRep:
    This is TSR. Expect no serious answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    No, what I meant was, the egg that's released 2 weeks after the period is the one in the next cycle.. you were making it sound like they were completely different things.
    Yes of course, you only get your period as the egg released isn't fertilized.. I didn't really go into that as it wasn't the main point. But as I said, should have worded it differently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    If you manage to get your jizz down the bog before the sperm dies, they'll flow into the sea and grow up into sperm whales. So no, as long as you flush the mush, it's not as bad as abortion.
    I actually LOVE you!!! GENIUS!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.