Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do I need to be discreet about how many men I've slept with? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    lol! It's the other way around. 21 is my real number, so I'll tell all the boys I've only had 7.
    was the girl you slept with better than all the guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_mamba)
    The way I see it is if the guy reacts badly, you've just gained a window into their true mentality: an early warning sign that he is not for you. There are lots of men out there who are mature enough to realise that the number alone means nothing, there are even men out there for whom your experience will be viewed positively. Shocking isn't it?

Be honest.
    Hey guess what, women spreading their legs freely are not wife material or Gf material.

Read those words back to yourself and understand that most desperate men get what they can but believe me, they're not really happy with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    a smart guy will not be bothered, you'd think!
    Assuming, of course, that one's attitude towards sexual promiscuity is a direct function of intelligence...

I suspect that in reality, you won't be able to tell much about how a guy will react by simply assessing how smart he is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HARRY PUTAH)
    Hey guess what, women spreading their legs freely are not wife material or Gf material.

Read those words back to yourself and understand that most desperate men get what they can but believe me, they're not really happy with it.
    Where did anyone mention anything about openly your legs freely to anyone and everyone? :confused: The OP made no hint that they have sex without exercising discretion.

Someone who sleeps around thoughtlessly is not desirable, I can understand that sure, because a lack of standards to me screams lack of self-esteem. But since when did high numbers automatically entail thoughtless shagging? It doesn't, you just made a huge blind assumption there. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Where did anyone mention anything about openly your legs freely to anyone and everyone? :confused: The OP made no hint that they have sex without exercising discretion.

Someone who sleeps around thoughtlessly is not desirable, I can understand that sure, because a lack of standards to me screams lack of self-esteem. But since when did high numbers automatically entail thoughtless shagging? It doesn't, you just made a huge blind assumption there. :rolleyes:
    How is it a blind assumption when its the truth?

Men would be thinking all sorts of things about a girl who claims to have slept around a bit. It is impossible for a young girl in double figures to have had stable sexual relationships at their age. Impossible.

Shagging around is what a woman does to get those numbers, simple as that. if she was in stable relationships from the age of 16-18 she wouldn't be counting would she unless she is a serial cheat and lets be honest, who wants one of those?

That leaves another question to be answered.

What sane man worth his salt would stay with a girl who by the age of 22-25 has run up a grand total of 15-20ish guys?

It smells of "she spreads her legs easily" and "not relationship material". That my dear girl is what men think about women who shag around and end up in double figures by their mid-twenties. its not a good thing believe me and dont tell me the lame excuse of "oh she'll know how to give good head"...WRONG!

Most men dont know a thing about how to instruct a woman on giving head or learning how to shag properly and trust me, there is sex and then there is proper sex. Quality>quantity.

ReputationRep:

Men would be thinking all sorts of things about a girl who claims to have slept around a bit. It is impossible for a young girl in double figures to have had stable sexual relationships at their age. Impossible.

Shagging around is what a woman does to get those numbers, simple as that. if she was in stable relationships from the age of 16-18 she wouldn't be counting would she unless she is a serial cheat and lets be honest, who wants one of those?

That leaves another question to be answered.

What sane man worth his salt would stay with a girl who by the age of 22-25 has run up a grand total of 15-20ish guys?

It smells of "she spreads her legs easily" and "not relationship material". That my dear girl is what men think about women who shag around and end up in double figures by their mid-twenties. its not a good thing believe me and dont tell me the lame excuse of "oh she'll know how to give good head"...WRONG!

Most men dont know a thing about how to instruct a woman on giving head or learning how to shag properly and trust me, there is sex and then there is proper sex. Quality>quantity.
    Me?

ReputationRep:
    The term 'bucket fanny' springs to mind.

ReputationRep:
    Let's not get childish here, let's have a civil debate - there is no absolute truth here, we're just having a disagreement.

It is impossible for a young girl in double figures to have had stable sexual relationships at their age. Impossible.
    Again, no one mentioned anything about stable sexual relationships. Yes, probably a lot of those encounters are going to be very casual ones. What is wrong with that?

Most people make this blind assumption that casual sex is always thoughtless, irresponsible, reckless sex. Yes in a lot of cases it is but not all, so why make that huge assumption.

The alternative situation to what you're assuming is a woman who knows she wants a purely physical relationship and gets it, regularly.

You can't talk on behalf of all men and I know plenty who think numbers alone mean nothign without the back story. I feel strongly about this because my 'number' is similar to the OPs (although I am in late twenties) and my encounters have been a mixture of long term relationships (no cheatings) and short binges of casual sex. I'm responsible about it (take all precautions) and emotionally mature about it (I don't do it because I crave attention or have some emotional void to fill, and the people involved know my intentions)...so what harm am I doing? Nothing.

Fair play if it is a simple case of personal taste, but Mr PUTAH you can't assume that high numbers inherently imply a reckless attitude. That is my point and my only point!

ReputationRep:
    Could you tell us within which period of time you are on about.
    I need to do some math here. men.yr^-1
    Then we will decide.

ReputationRep:
    WOWS some sex maniac..
    dont's say the number.honesty will not work on this one.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf, that is a bit gross.

ReputationRep:
    Let's not get childish here, let's have a civil debate - there is no absolute truth here, we're just having a disagreement.

Again, no one mentioned anything about stable sexual relationships. Yes, probably a lot of those encounters are going to be very casual ones. What is wrong with that?

Most people make this blind assumption that casual sex is always thoughtless, irresponsible, reckless sex. Yes in a lot of cases it is but not all, so why make that huge assumption.

The alternative situation to what you're assuming is a woman who knows she wants a purely physical relationship and gets it, regularly.

You can't talk on behalf of all men and I know plenty who think numbers alone mean nothign without the back story. I feel strongly about this because my 'number' is similar to the OPs (although I am in late twenties) and my encounters have been a mixture of long term relationships (no cheatings) and short binges of casual sex. I'm responsible about it (take all precautions) and emotionally mature about it (I don't do it because I crave attention or have some emotional void to fill, and the people involved know my intentions)...so what harm am I doing? Nothing.

Fair play if it is a simple case of personal taste, but Mr PUTAH you can't assume that high numbers inherently imply a reckless attitude. That is my point and my only point!

So what you're saying is..

A woman who by the age of 25 and is on a 20ish+ figure of men is good at relationships? Yeah. You can apply the same logic to her if she is on 20+ shags which comes full circle to "she is a girl who shags around" and as far as I know, most men do not want that type of girl other than to shag them and forget about them.

Simple as that.

I've had sex with older women, casual yes but I enjoyed their company, moreso than young women mind you (not all cases).

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure why some people think 21 is a high number. Lets assume the OP started at age 16 - then she has an average of about 4 per year, that's only one every four months. Sounds quite abstemious TBH.
    If she had an average of one a month then she'd have a total of 60 or so. That sounds significantly higher.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to give an exact number, but if you have a vagina like a wizard's sleeve they *might* just guess anyway.

I'm not the kind of person who thinks a woman sleeping around is by any means worse than a man doing so, but personally I wouldn't be interested in them as a partner if I knew about it, because despite also loving sex, I don't admire excessive promiscuity. (Having said that, do not lie, just avoid answering unless you're super-confident in their liberality.)

On a side-note, I think it's a little bit silly to assume that anybody with values varying from your own is unintelligent.

ReputationRep:
    I know several girls at your age who has the same number or more. They lost their virginity at 15ish, had maybe 2-3 relationships of 1 years or more over the years and had the rest of the partners spread about before, between and after those relationships. For someone with a regular sexual appetite it's completely normal, and show me an attractive guy in early twenties who wouldn't if he had the possibility to hook up with gorgeous women non-stop. He probably would have had a much larger number.
    Although I don't have a similar number myself, each to their own and all that. OP, do as you please.

ReputationRep:
    So what you're saying is..

A woman who by the age of 25 and is on a 20ish+ figure of men is good at relationships? Yeah.
    No that's not what I meant. I never said she would be good at relationships. My point is you can't tell from numbers alone. You might be right, she could be having lots of very dangerous casual sex (which is a bad thing because of health risks) BUT at the same time she could also be just a very responsible person with a high sex drive and an inclination to have shorter/more casual relationships.

My point is you don't know which one it is unless you speak to each person on a case by case basis.

If you don't like high numbers because it is not to your taste then fair enough, but I just didn't want your original post to go unchallenged where you auto assumed a high number = reckless.

ReputationRep:
    Those of you calling her a slut, what do you think of men who sleep around a lot?

ReputationRep:
    x
    Do you think any differently of men who sleep around a lot? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Slut. And no, the past is not the past. The past shows what kind of person you are. So unless there has been some personal enlightenment in your head, you were a slut and are always going to be one. Frankly any guy should be wary of a person with such lose morals/who is so hedonistic.

ReputationRep:
    Twenty is a very high figure for that age, I shudder at the thought of it. I don't think the majority of women will ever reach this kind of figure in their lifetime. I say this because I've found that a smaller proportion of women shag around to that extent but I guess times change and I know more and more younger people are getting promiscuous by the day. I only have 2 friends who have exceeded 10 and we're all in our 20's.

I understand my sample of friends is in no way representative but then when one considers the amount of women who get married in their 20's and 30's, I can't imagine them to have slept with many guys.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.