ReputationRep:
    Dislike.

... it's fugly.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the problems guys. There were some issues which caused the site to go down briefly and when things were sorted and the brought back up the Christmas skin had an issue with it which causes the background image to site on top of the usualy white background in he main sections of the page.

So the problems we have now are not intentional and we are trying to wok out what went wrong and to fix them.

ReputationRep:
    I'll give you a clue: it begins with 's', ends with 't', and has two snowflakes in-between.

ReputationRep:
    It looks like complete toilet in Firefox. It's not so bad in Chrome, but it's still difficult to read.

Firefox:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    Things should be OK now.

It seems like when the site came down earlier this afternoon some problems occurred to a couple of files. This has been sorted now and I'm seeing the site with the Christms skin behaving correctly again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    oh never mind its due to adblock:ahee:
    Same

ReputationRep:
    WTF is this? :eyebrow:

I die a little inside every time I see it. :emo:

ReputationRep:

I think

ReputationRep:
    I just noticed something...does everyone or most people use 24 hour clock?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacSci)
    I just noticed something...does everyone or most people use 24 hour clock?
    Yeah why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Yeah why?
    Nothing wrong with it. Practically everyone uses 12 hour clock around here...in fact, I get the weird look when I give the people the time in 24 hour clock.:rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacSci)
    Nothing wrong with it. Practically everyone uses 12 hour clock around here...in fact, I get the weird look when I give the people the time in 24 hour clock.:rolleyes:
    I think most people use it for display purposes, but I don't know many people who would tell me the current time as "Fifteen oh four".

As for the site. Everything seems fine now.

ReputationRep:
    The site is still not displaying properly in Firefox. The background is no longer sitting on top of things it shouldn't, but otherwise it looks like the image I posted earlier.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweyn Forkbeard)
    The site is still not displaying properly in Firefox. The background is no longer sitting on top of things it shouldn't, but otherwise it looks like the image I posted earlier.
    Have you tried clearing your cache to update things? It's certainly not a problem affecting every instance of Firefox, so it could just be something not working in your browser.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I cleared it a couple of days ago. I'll try again.

Still no joy. Also, if I visit the site as a guest the new logo sits on top of the advertising widget. I'm on Firefox 3.6.12. Site displays correctly for me in IE 8 and Chrome.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweyn Forkbeard)
    Yeah I cleared it a couple of days ago. I'll try again.

Still no joy. Also, if I visit the site as a guest the new logo sits on top of the advertising widget. I'm on Firefox 3.6.12. Site displays correctly for me in IE 8 and Chrome.
    Do you have ad block on? As that causes some issues with the Christmas skin. Turning it off fixes the problem and shouldn't affect you as you're a subscriber. Otherwise, screen shots would help here to see what you see as a guest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    Do you have ad block on? As that causes some issues with the Christmas skin. Turning it off fixes the problem and shouldn't affect you as you're a subscriber. Otherwise, screen shots would help here to see what you see as a guest
    Ah ok, yes it was AdBlock.

I don't like it

the santa is fat

we are the most overweight in Europe, we should be trying to discourage fatties, not welcome them

make santa slim then ill like it

ReputationRep:
      Is it just me, or has the TSR layout recently gone kaput in Google Chrome? It works fine in IE and Firefox :confused:

ReputationRep:
      Seems alright for me and I only use chrome

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.