Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Plymouth are the latest club in financial trouble Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoroGrecian)
    Bristol is in the Westcountry, Exeter and Plymouth are in the South West.
    Was thinking the exact opposite tbf :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    Was thinking the exact opposite tbf :teeth:
    Generally accepted that because Exeter and Plymouth are in the south west peninsular, they are in the South West. Bristol along with Gloucester, Bath and Cheltenham are considered being in the Westcountry

People are forgetting a very important team here

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by BoroGrecian)
      Generally accepted that because Exeter and Plymouth are in the south west peninsular, they are in the South West. Bristol along with Gloucester, Bath and Cheltenham are considered being in the Westcountry
      :holmes:

But looking at a map Bristol and Bath are literally in the south west corner of the country, whereas westcountry implies a type of person from the very tip of the island. I don't know, it's all subjective. Plenty of people around here would consider Cheltenham to be a northern town :dontknow::awesome:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Loz17)
      People are forgetting a very important team here
      Not even the best team in Devon

I don't know why I have more of a leaning towards Plymouth when I have an Exeter postcode. Not that I really care for either club tbf. Hopefully Truro can do the business, top of the league at present :france:

(Original post by Colbert)
        Not even the best team in Devon

I don't know why I have more of a leaning towards Plymouth when I have an Exeter postcode. Not that I really care for either club tbf. Hopefully Truro can do the business, top of the league at present :france:
        Better than Exeter scum, and Plymouth. Despite the differences in leagues. Can't comment on Yeovil or anuthing though as I've not seen were they are for years.

Sorry I just hate Exeter City. I love Exeter, but the football club is just, eurgh. Might be nice to put a roof over the away fan's heads one day.

ReputationRep:
        There's so much shady ownership activity in english football, with all sorts of dodgy accounting going on. Authorities will never clamp down on it - there's just too much stupid money flowing around.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Loz17)
        Better than Exeter scum, and Plymouth. Despite the differences in leagues. Can't comment on Yeovil or anuthing though as I've not seen were they are for years.

Sorry I just hate Exeter City. I love Exeter, but the football club is just, eurgh. Might be nice to put a roof over the away fan's heads one day.
        Oi.

In fairness I have to lean more to Dorchester Town, and Weymouth (until they ****ed themselves over a couple of seasons back).

Though in reality it's the team second-closest to home - Hawkchurch FC - (that I play for) that I look out for most.

Probably transferring to Charmouth FC in the summer though.

(Original post by marcusmerehay)
          Oi.

In fairness I have to lean more to Dorchester Town, and Weymouth (until they ****ed themselves over a couple of seasons back).

Though in reality it's the team second-closest to home - Hawkchurch FC - (that I play for) that I look out for most.

Probably transferring to Charmouth FC in the summer though.
          What? :p:

Oo never knew you played properly :teeth:

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Loz17)
          What? :p:

Oo never knew you played properly :teeth:
          It's only an amateur club - in an independent league system managed by the Dorset & Somerset FAs, but not an official FA league - so no FA Cup qualifying.

I did play a few games for the Bridport FC U-16s, and missed out on an FA Cup qualifying round appearance (having been called up) due to injury. :sad:

Submit reply
        TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
        Updated: February 22, 2011
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.