Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Public displays of affection. Yay or Nay? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Depends where for me. Clubs are ok and cinema but only if you are towards the back and your row AND the row behind is empty! Well thats just me, i wouldnt take offence at any pda's or anything though, would just make a point not to look!

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind other people doing it, unless they inadvertently end up on my lap.
    I don't like doing it, though. I don't get the need to constantly kiss or hold hands. I know we're together, i don't see why i need to pronounce it to the man across the road.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildBerrySpirit)
    Nay.

It's pretty awkard.
    It's not that it's awkward.

It's just desperate.

For the woman involved, I think classless.
    For the man involved, I think virgin.

ReputationRep:
    As long as it's not excessive. Hugs, little kisses (not full-on making out), holding hands etc all fine. Handjobs under the tables are not.

ReputationRep:
    Right up there with labour as one of my pet hates. Seriously, get a room!?

ReputationRep:
    yay but dont go too far with it, there may be children or singles about lol x

ReputationRep:
    I have mixed feelings about this matter. I am single and would love to be with a guy who I can't for several reasons so it obviously is rubbing it in unintentionally. However, I understand that they are in their own little 'love bubble' as they say and it would be hypocritical for me to say it's wrong because people will just say I'm bitter which I am not unless if I liked the guy or something. Who are we to say what people can't do? I'm not up for making out on the bus stop right in front of young kids and singles - it is awkward but it's up to them if they want to cheapen themselves; it's a reflection of their characters' rather than the actual PDA itself (attention seeking, showing off wh*res come to mind and I'm a girl but this applies to both btw)

In conclusion, PDA in moderation please and adjust according to place. I don't think some people grasp the fact doing it behind the Church or a bus stop is inappropriate.

I hate it.

I've noticed it a lot in the library recently. Very irritating. Don't do it when you are sitting infront of me on the bus either.
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Nay. I absolutely hate it when couples are eating each other's faces away in front of you in the cinema (or anywhere else in public for that matter).

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by happydinosaur)
      I've noticed it a lot in the library recently. Very irritating.
      My friend swears she saw someone ****ing in the library the other day, although admittedly it's not quite the same.

I'd be Nay, with the exception of in clubs, provided people aren't taking pictures, and maybe holding hands in the street or a kiss goodbye, but not more than that. And certainly not on the bus.

ReputationRep:
      YAAAAY! for me.

But nothing excessive!

ReputationRep:
      North korean law states, no displays of affection, curosity or emotion in public. Any such behaviour is punishable by incarceration and mandatory punishment, which in this case will entail being forced to watch Cory in the house in its' entirety, on loop ad infinitum

thank you for your custom. TONGMA Kimjongil

ReputationRep:
      It depends how ostentatious they are. Holding hands or a few quick pecks is fine, but not being totally over each other.

Part of me wants to smack them in the face. The other part of me has a bit of an exhibitionist streak and I'd love to do it. Like Natalie Imbruglia, I'm torn.

ReputationRep:
      A quick peck is okay it goes under the radar, but full on smooching is just very awkward.

This one time in the train an eastern-european couple were sat in front, they had shopping bags and the guy pulled out whipped cream and started spraying it on his finger...then she started to lick/suck it off as if she's giving a blowjob to his finger.

I kid you not, it was the most awkward thing to watch.

Although, it did make me realise that there's nothing I wouldn't masturbate to in public. Oh yeh, she got some of my cream all up in her face too :sexface:

(okay so I'm lying about the train, it was a bus...and it wasn't his finger it was a strawberry, but the last bit is true :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
      yes, it's fun and doesn't hurt anyone. Note, affection does not equal 'I'm going to be doing this to you when you have your clothes off when we get home' in Costa.

ReputationRep:
      Why would i care what some transient people in my life think?

If i had a gf, i'd be kissing her, hugging her and bleeding dancing to Luther Vandross's Never too much while it's blasting from my phone. I did these things with my ex, in a way it's nice letting the world know how that you care about your partner AND you couldn't give a flying **** what they think.

ReputationRep:
      How can people not be comfortable with seeing people holding hands, other than because of jealousy? Kissing is annoying, and I don't like doing it in public myself, but holding hands is kind of standard when couples walk around shopping centres etc...

ReputationRep:
      I don't see any problem with it, my girlfriend doesn't like it, I don't think she's ashamed of me - I think she doesn't like PDAs!

ReputationRep:
      personally i dont like seeing PDA's.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.