Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical_bex)
    I only get salad and bbq sauce in mine. Not even any cheese, so I'm pretty sure it's not junky
    I just imagined what it would be like if subway served heroin sandwiches. I'd better go to bed.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    I have BMT with cheese, mmmmm on hearty italian with mayonaise lettuce and cucumber. Every time.
    But it has to be microwaved or I feel the meat isn't cooked lmao.
    Not toasted though, I don't really like toast.

p.s I know it's really bad for me.

ReputationRep:
    It's junk food with less of a stigma than MaccyDs or KFC.

ReputationRep:
    All food is junk food. Eating isn't good for you, breathing isn't good for you, drinking isn't good for you, nothing is good for you.

You are spiralling towards your death and you can either choose to get there having fun and doing what makes you feel good, or you can get there following the carefully designed plans that the good old nanny state would like you to, androgynous, never having made your own decisions beyond the decision to obey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben77mc)
    Omg same!
    High five! :five:

The subway man once took the mick out of me for just having that. His facial expressions said it all :lol: much to the delight of my friend who often accompanied me to subway who never failed to take the piss out of my sub everytime. As soon the guy in subway gave me that luck, i clicked my fingers at my mate and said "don't you dare say a word". Haha, was rather amusing though!

ReputationRep:
    Nuclear vegetables are a little healthier than a mystery meat patty but the whole franchise is based upon making it seem like your eating fresh as they say and you definitely are not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Ingredients for the bread: Enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, barley malt, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate,
    riboflavin, folic acid), water, yeast, high fructose corn syrup, whole wheat flour, wheat gluten, contains
    2% or less of the following: oat fiber, soybean oil, salt, wheat bran, rolled wheat, rye nuggets, dough
    conditioners (DATEM, sodium stearoyl lactylate), yeast nutrients (calcium sulfate, ammonium sulfate),
    degermed yellow corn meal, rolled oats, rye flakes, caramel color, triticale flakes, parboiled brown rice,
    refinery syrup, honey, barley flakes, flaxseed, millet, sorghum flour, azodiacarbonamide, natural flavor
    (maltodextrin, natural flavor, silicon dioxide, lactic acid)

So...yeah. Not to mention people generally have the meat subs which are very unhealthy.
    :| Caramel colour...yuck.
    When I bake bread it contains flour, yeast, salt, balsamic vinegar, milk, olive oil, walnuts and honey. AND, it still lasts more than a week!

I wouldn't say subway is healthy (the bread, the meats, the cheeses that don't really look like cheese...the mayonaise in the tuna...the rubbish soft drinks...the cookies...) How hard is it to make your own sandwich?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    High five! :five:

The subway man once took the mick out of me for just having that. His facial expressions said it all :lol: much to the delight of my friend who often accompanied me to subway who never failed to take the piss out of my sub everytime. As soon the guy in subway gave me that luck, i clicked my fingers at my mate and said "don't you dare say a word". Haha, was rather amusing though!
    Haha, yeah i get the same abuse so don't worry about that. It's just amazing though

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yeah i get the same abuse so don't worry about that. It's just amazing though
    Do you get your chicken warmed up? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow drops)
    Six inch Meatball Marinaras have the salt and fat equivalent of nine packets of Walkers crisps. So a footlong would be the equivalent of eighteen.

(I worked at Subway at the time that information came out - think it was on a TV documentary or something - and we were even sent a brief on what to say to customers if they brought it up... hahaha)

The lowfat subs are fine though. I always have a veggie delight, which is just cheese and salad, on honey oat bread with one of the lower fat sauces. Nom nom nom.
    :eek: That's put me off Meatball Marinaras for life. I think if i want heart attack in a bun i'll buy a doner kebab.

ReputationRep:
    Do you get your chicken warmed up? :awesome:
    Here's the thing: I usually do... but the past couple of times I've been i've had it cold and it was just as nice. Do you?

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't care less tbh. Italian BMT is the epitome of :sogood: I always ask for a ****load of fillings to get my money's worth.
    Ah poo, craving a subway right now. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Subway is misleading. People think because it's a sandwich it's unhealthy, but that's *******s. The cheese, meat, sauces, etc. all make it very fattening. I doubt the bread is healthy either. Subway probably is the biggest fast food chain in the world now (bigger than McDonalds even) and it's built on a misconception.

The healthiest option is probably turkey breast, or maybe tuna or crab/lobster. steak cheese, meatballs, bacon and salami hell no.

ReputationRep:
    Here's the thing: I usually do... but the past couple of times I've been i've had it cold and it was just as nice. Do you?
    I do yeah. Everytime. Once the guy hardly warmed it up and it went all cold and it just wasn't as nice.

ReputationRep:
    I do yeah. Everytime. Once the guy hardly warmed it up and it went all cold and it just wasn't as nice.
    Aw. I like it both ways tbh. Warm is a bit nicer, but cold's starting to grow on me

ReputationRep:
    only reason i go to subway:

you rookies tried all salad + all sauces yet?

ReputationRep:
    I've had 4 foot longs during the course of today and yesterday and I feel as healthy as a mofo...

Inb4gayjoke.

ReputationRep:
    whether it is or not who cares, it tastes so damn good :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Meatball marinara.. :drool: and the Italian BMT one. Soo good.

ReputationRep:
    Why have Subway when you can go to McDonald's? :dontknow:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.