Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Whats the nicest thing you have ever done for a stranger? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealDarthVader)
    Not kill them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)
    i saw on old woman struggling to pull her suitcase through the thick slush near a metro station so i offered to carry it for her for a bit, she even offered to give me a tenner for my trouble but i refused because she prob needs it more than me
    Lovely. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Probably letting an old lady sit down on the bus (I wasn't even in sitting in those disabled/elderly designated seats). I haven't had the opportunity to push people out of the way of cars or save women from burning buildings.

ReputationRep:
    I used to go out with my hair uncombed and stuff, but then I realized that by looking good, I'm bringing a little beauty into the lives of people surrounded by their own ugliness. :fan:

ReputationRep:
    made them orgasm then spunked on their face.

ReputationRep:
    Donated my late brother's organs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charcharchar)
    I like to smile at random passers by, I like to think it makes their day just a tiny bit more bearable
    I love it when randoms smile at me. It does actually give me a good feeling. Unless of course it's cos I unknowingly have pen on my face or something.

ReputationRep:
    I like to smile at random passers by, I like to think it makes their day just a tiny bit more bearable

ReputationRep:
    They probably think you're interested, if they're male.

ReputationRep:
    Give monthly to a coupla charities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by himynameisbob)
    made them orgasm then spunked on their face.
    If you offered them a tissue afterwards, then you are the definition of the "Good Samaritan".

ReputationRep:
    Keep this up, sometimes a smile from a passer by can actually completly change your mood and eventually your day.

I hate when poeple look at me with a face like a 'slapped arse'.

ReputationRep:
    Gave someone a cigarette, paid someone's bus fare 'cause they'd lost their money, gave someone a lighter, gave a tramp some money, held a door open for someone, put money in charity boxes.. little things like that

ReputationRep:
    I try to do nice things for people. I haven't really kept a count or really remember one special incident.

I've returned four mobiles phones and a digital camera to their owners though.. But that's just common sense.

ReputationRep:
    I was on my way to college, just outside the college a lady who was with her little daughter on bikes, dropped her keys. She didn't notice so i pointed it out to her. She was relieved and happy, and said "I love you".

ReputationRep:
    Paid their bus fare, and dished out some (reasonably) constructive life advice.

ReputationRep:
    yesterday some old woman dropped some change as she was about to get on the bus, so i go and help her pick it up out of the snow and she snarls 'no! it's mine!'...i hand it to her and try and explain. Then she has a long rant about the decline in respect for the elderly and actually say the phrase 'kids these days'...i was confused

ReputationRep:
    • Paid for someones travel ticket.. he asked

• Offered my seat to a frail old man on the train even though it was completely packed, I had multiple shopping bags, and kind of wanted to read. All the guys just selfishly sat there.

• Oh, and I do the smiling at random passers by too, but after getting stalked in Westfields from doing that, I've been a bit more wary

ReputationRep:
    I saved a random girl from a creepy drunk guy on the bus once by offering her the seat next to me and telling him to go away when he started to move to a seat closer to us. I also chase people on the street etc when they've dropped something to return it to them (including a guy who withdrew £60 from the cash machine and forgot to take it). I help old ladies with their trolley things off the bus, and i gave blood for the first time the other day, even though i don't particularly like needles, and i plan on making it a regular thing.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    every day for about a year, i'd stop on my way to school and help this blind lady cross the big main road. she could probably have done it by herself, but she said she didn't have enough confidence to do so. we had some nice chats

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.