Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

18 and still no sex! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rossical)
    wouldn't you rather have sex for the first time with a girl that you're in love with?
    i really don't understand people that want to loose there virginity with some randomer from a club
    social pressure.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if my area is a lot different to elsewhere in the uk but definately the majority of people are virgins when they reach 18. It is pretty much if you have had a girlfriend between 16 and 18 then you have got some and if you havent then your a virgin. Only a tiny percentage of people have had casual sex at 18 in my town. I am a virgin but I never think about it at all, I could get a girlfriend if I wanted to so it doesn't bother me. It is really difficult to get a girl from a club in your bed, not many people have a lot of success so there is no point in getting annoyed that you cant manage it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Girls like humour. Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Goodnight son.
    I would have to agree there. Sarcastic men are unattractive.

ReputationRep:
    http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8...doigetlaid.png

If you're desperate, I hear the girls on match.com are quite easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am a male and all you guys know how often we think about sex, problem is that I am not getting any. I am 18 and still a virgin, not by choice however. I go out clubbing the odd time and manage to pull a few women, but I haven't found myself in a situation where sex comes into the equation. Is this normal for someone my age?

Most of my friends have had sex, and I am almost embarrassed to admit that I am a virgin. I wouldn't say I was a bad looking bloke either. My question is, am I taking the wrong approach or will I just have to wait until I find a girlfriend?

I am very keen to 'get sexual', without sounding too weird haha, so any comments are appreciated! Thanks.
    Why should it be 'embarrassing'? Being a virgin is far better than being one who sleeps around. 'Tis often only the liberal-minded who put the hedonistic idea of sex before many other things in life.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.justnewlistings.com/blogs...he%20fool!.jpg
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the big deal about it, I think people put far too much emphasis on it. But apparently in different areas in the U.K it matters more if you haven't by like 16 or something. Apparently in ayrshire so I'm told

Well people wouldn't laugh at me or anything, it's just that I feel more than ready to get going. I will have to wait and see what happens, thanks for the advice people.

ReputationRep:
    I think after three years of reading threads like this, it's about time the Mods came along and stickied one of them so we don't have "I'm [16/17/18/19/20/21] (delete as appropriate) and have never [kissed/had sexual contact] with a member of the opposite sex! HALP!" because in the end the answer is always the same, or at least it should be:

It doesn't matter whether you've gone all the way at 16 or lost it at 60, what should matter is that you actually care about that person. A lot people will lose it to someone they don't know, and, to quote an Italian song I'm listening to lately -- Come la virginità d'un tratto: prima la perdi, poi la rivuoi (Suddenly, it's like virginity: first you lose it, then you want it back). You'll get your chances, and you just have to decide whether it's right for you or not. The first opportunity I got, I rushed in like a bull at a gate, and after some foreplay I figured I was 'doing it wrong' and shouldn't have jumped at the chance just because society would maybe look at me as a human being, rather than as a virgin. When it actually came to the chance to do it with someone I loved, I got dumped before I worked up the nerve.

We all lose it at different times, and, without sounding all high-and-mighty, it might be better to wait for someone you have some feelings for, rather than some girl you just picked up at a club. "So, dad, who did you lose your virginity to?" "Oh, I don't remember her name...or her face...it was so long ago...in fact, I wish it had been to your mum..."

[And before conclusions are jumped to: I'm in no way religious. It's just my personal preference, these days]

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.