Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

most annoying things on public transport to you. Watch

ReputationRep:
    When some chavy mum argues with the bus driver for ages.

When there's barely any room to move on the bus/train, so people resort to sticking their arse in your face when you're sat down.

ReputationRep:
    When someone sits next to me on the bus when all the other seats are free, you just think why?

People with their child transportation devices. I was on the overground the other day, it was ridiculously packed as always and a fat ginger chav whore exploded into it with her foul child in a pram.

ReputationRep:
      People who eat things that smell/make a noise, people who spread their stuff out over spare seats and don't move it when the train gets busy, people who play music on their phones or have their ipods turned up really loud so you can hear it through their headphones, people who don't control their children, people who bring animals/bikes and don't consider other passengers, people who rush to get on the train first (I really think they should have some kind of queuing system because some people turn up a minute before the train leaves then barge past everyone else), people who have really loud conversations about crap, people who are constantly recieving texts and don't put their phone on silent, people who try to get you to swap seats so they can sit near their friend when the train is busy, school children who always seem to be wide awake and very loud when it's half 7 in the morning, fat people who squash you against the window, people who sit next to you when there are other spare seats, chavs shouting about their exploits/benefits, when you hear someone talking about something awful like how they hate their children, people who sit too close and elbow you constantly, people who have long phone conversations (I have no idea why they do this as the phone usually cuts off 2/3 times so they have to keep ringing back), people who do work on the commuter train that's really tight on space so they just spread their stuff all over, old people who get up before the train has stopped and fall over onto you, people who try to engage you in conversation about the weather/the conducter/other passengers, the lady who gets on the tram and sings hymns and preaches about children/the devil/being happy VERY loudly and conducters who tell people who complain that she's harmless when she's incredibly annoying. I could go on forever, some people have no manners!

And the worst... a very fat woman who got on the tram and sat opposite me with loads of huge bags and rested them on my knee!! (I don't think they would fit on hers because of her stomach) After about 10 minutes she said 'oh sorry am I squashing you?' and when I got off I could hear her complaining to her daughter (who was holding nothing) because her bags got pushed into her face! :mad:

ReputationRep:
      I personally hate the people who blast loud music on their mobile phones for the entire carriage to hear. And it's always bad -and loud- music, i wouldn't mind so much if it was something i'd actually enjoy listening to. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
      i felt really sorry for this woman on the train when another woman sat next to her on the train. but the thing is, we hadnt even left from the starting position yet (charing cross) so then you're one of the first people on the train and there's a million other seats available. and everyone's far apart from eachother because they've got the space to do so. so this woman sits down, happy in the knowledge that there won't be be anyone sitting next to her. and lo and behold this woman comes and sits down right next to her with so many other seats available. grrrrrrrr!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by JamesBlood)
      I tried to pay for a ticket on a bus with a £5 note last night. The driver looked at me as though I'd unzipped my trousers and flopped Junior James right into his hand.

I'd like to stress that I haven't done that for months.
      I once tried to pay 70 pence with a 2 pound coin and he told me to get off the bus. ~.~

ReputationRep:
      I hate when I am on the train and it is completely empty, I pick a seat with a table because I commute to university and like to get some work done and then you get some idiot that sits right next to you when there are other seats available, seats even with their own tables! It is so annoying.

It also annoys me when people ask me if this train goes to such and such a place. Erm how about checking the ****ing departure boards.

ReputationRep:
      People who:
      - put their stuff on the seat next to them to stop people sitting there even though the train is getting really busy
      - sit on the aisle seat because they reckon you won't ask them to move and they'll be able to sit on their own while everyone else squashes up/stands
      - get shirty when you do make them move their stuff and then elbow you all the way to your stop
      - let their kids rush on to the tube and grab seats when there are people who've been standing for ages (why can't the kids sit on the parents' laps?)
      - don't wait for everyone to get off the tube before they start getting on
      - chew gum with their mouths open

Also, grumpy bus drivers who drive really badly, put the brakes on too late and everyone standing topples towards the front of the bus and hurts themselves.

And finally, the small child sitting in the luggage rack on my last long-distance train journey who swung feet out and kicked me in the head as I was passing by to get off. Saw stars :mad:

ReputationRep:
      Yesterday it was really busy and there was a massive crush at the top of the escalator. One of the trains below was about to leave. You know how you're meant to stand on the right and walk on the left? Everyone stood. It was before 7:30am, the sort of time that makes you more pissed off at this sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
      Other People on public transport bug me

Nah, just general rudeness, especially when people make it their life's mission to get a seat on the Tube, never mind pushing or shoving other people aside. Oh, and I was once on a bus and a guy started clipping his manky long nails and brushed the clippings on the floor. Boke.

Also peasants.

ReputationRep:
        When you get on at the first stop, bus turns up 10 minutes late, and there's another 10 minute wait while the drivers change over and have a chat. FFS I'M COLD!

ReputationRep:
        Well, loud 12 year olds are the bane of my life on my bus to school.
        But they generally respect me enough to shut up a bit when I have my eyes closed.
        Joys of being a 6th former.

ReputationRep:
        People blasting out their music for the whole bus to hear - get some earphones.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Blueflare)
        The bus not turning up for ages and standing in the freezing cold.
        The fact that public transport almost invariably takes longer than driving. I used to have a car, so while I'm standing outside freezing my ass of going nowhere, all I can think about is how if I had a car I would already be at my destination.
        People who play music.
        People who don't move back when the bus is really full. They insist on standing right at the front so people have to squeeze past them in the gap which is like 3 feet wide and lined with people on both sides... WHY DON'T THEY MOVE?! Idiots!
        I'm at Keele too. I assume you're talking about the 25? Being on that bus can really annoy me sometimes.

ReputationRep:
        I find it a bit unpleasant when somebody sits very close behind me and I can feel their breath on my neck, I'm just like why do you breathe so much

ReputationRep:
        Stinky people.
        People talking loudly on the phone.
        The sound of people eating.
        Strangers sitting next to you when the train has plenty of seats available.
        Strangers who start talking to you.
        Fatties sitting next to you & squashing you in.
        People who play music loudly on their phone.
        People getting in the way with prams & then they get in a pissy when you're trying to get past them & they just don't budge.
        OH, & babies/kids. I hate them.

ReputationRep:
        When chavvy teens play music on their mobile out loud :mad:

Screaming babies. I know it's not their fault and I don't hate them for crying. But when it's crowded and I'm tired and someone walks on with a screaming child... my heart just sinks.

People eating when the train/bus is crowded. The other day I was on the train and someone standing right behind me was eating a kebab. He had fat and grease all over his face, it smelt disgusting and he was chewing with his mouth open.

ReputationRep:
        When people, especially old people, moan at/about young people for being young. Jeez.
        When you go to get the Metro and it's all soggy because of the rain.
        When people barge past you.
        When schoolkids demand that they occupy the whole of the backseat and moan at you when you get there first. For Gods sake, you'll be off the bus in 10 minutes!
        And the most annoying one, especially if you're in a hurry...
        When busdrivers stay stationary for ages counting there money when you need to be somewhere. -_-

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.