Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bills to pay in the RAF? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    :hide:

ReputationRep:
    Happy New Year to you too Schleigg! No need to hide behind the sofa, Stacker and I are singing off the same hymn sheet here

Anyone in the military who would risk their livelihood (which, lets face it, is harder than ever to get into) for the sake of a few quid gained fraudulently through JPA or by selling off kit, deserves their @rses kicked! Notwithstanding the criminality issue, it has to bring into question an individuals whole credibilty - we're supposed to be team players and, as aircrew, I wouldn't want to work with anyone I couldn't trust - the same goes for anyone in the UK military.

Anyway, lets call it quits, this thread is drifting too far to port :rolleyes:

PS
    More people on Flying Pay have asked me to put my own career at risk more than any other group
    - EEjits! I stopped getting FP over 5 years ago Stacks, which is why I'm sitting here with a contented smile For once in my career I was in the right place at the right time!

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what technically are we supposed to do with all our grat issue crap once weve left?? I know your supposed to keep it when in the reserves (although its easy enough to get most of it again for free).
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    As part of your leaving procedures, you will be required, to a greater or lesser degree, to 'de-kit'. You will be told your reserve status and what that entails for kit holding.

ReputationRep:
    Going back to the subject of pensions, one of Ali M's questions, this on Pprune may be worth following:

http://www.pprune.org/military-aircr...-question.html

You can be sure that the contributors to that thread have pensions firmly in their sights! All of you about to start employment should take an interest too; trust me, time flies and you'll be at my stage in life sooner than you think. I know that everyone lives for the here and now, the future'll take care of itself?

It ain't gonna happen for your generation and whatever job you do, you'll find that the state will force you to make pension provisions. Less money to pee against the wall I'm afraid!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.