Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this unkind? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    why wake someone up when theres an empty seat? thats just plain rude. fair enough if theres no other seats but otherwise whats the point? my advice, learn to drive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by $tar£reaker)
    I hate when people sit on the outer seat on the bus when the seat by the window is free and they don't move in even when the bus gets really full :lolwut:
    Oh, that doesn't bother me - prefer windows anyway. I will ask them for the seat, though ... but not before any of the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natashapt)
    why wake someone up when theres an empty seat? thats just plain rude. fair enough if theres no other seats but otherwise whats the point? my advice, learn to drive.
    They're rude to make people feel bad for having a seat - I'll wake them up, but lots wouldn't.

And I can't learn to drive.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean there rude to make people feel bad for having a seat? How do you know they wouldnt move their bags if the bus was full? and also whats wrong with falling asleep on a bus? loads of people use it as their everyday transport and you cant help where you get tired try waking up a narcoleptic person.

ReputationRep:
    Not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natashapt)
    What do you mean there rude to make people feel bad for having a seat? How do you know they wouldnt move their bags if the bus was full? and also whats wrong with falling asleep on a bus? loads of people use it as their everyday transport and you cant help where you get tired try waking up a narcoleptic person.
    Because lots of people think like this - oh, it seems mean to wake people up. My route is, at most, an hour long and they can go straight back to sleep if they're that tired ... but only a few people will wake them up in the first place.

And they might, but should be doing it the minute people are looking around for spare seats.

ReputationRep:
    Stop waging warfare on the buses and just sit the **** down.

ReputationRep:
    I see your point but I would only wake them up if there were no other seats available. I don't see the point in being needlessly confrontational.

ReputationRep:
    Remember, this is the same person who calls security when she sees someone with 11 items standing in the "10 items or fewer" queue at the supermarket. :lolwut:

This is pretty tame compared to that.

ReputationRep:
    If there's other seats available then its a bit like you're just doing it for the sake of it and seems a bit unreasonable.

But if there are no other seats available then I would ask them to move it. It's not like they've paid for an extra ticket for that bag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Remember, this is the same person who calls security when she sees someone with 11 items standing in the "10 items or fewer" queue at the supermarket. :lolwut:

The way people behave in society just pisses me off a lot of the time - I like to fight back in my own way.

ReputationRep:
    Not unkind it is just incredibly petty.

ReputationRep:
    Naw it's not unkind,I hate people who live in abubble the only reason I'd put my bag on my seat if someone with really bad BO came on ew.

I don't mind if I can't sit down because someones dogs in the footwell of the other seat. That makes me laugh when the bus turns fast and the dogs to lazy to stop itself from sliding into you.Can dogs go on Busses in England?(I live in Scotland)

ReputationRep:
    I move my bag automatically off the seat next to me if somebody gets on and there are no other seats... the only reason it's next to me rather than on the floor is for extra leg room.

ReputationRep:
    you get mad if someone has 11 items in a 10 or less queue? are you the society police or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)

Does she really do this?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I hate when people sit on the outer seat on the bus when the seat by the window is free and they don't move in even when the bus gets really full :lolwut:

I have long legs. I like one leg to be able to stretch out into the aisle. sitting at the window on buses/trains is a nightmare, with your knees mashed up against eh seat in front, every judder sends a bolt of pain from your knees.

ReputationRep:
    I'm one of the offending people who sometimes puts my bags on the seat next to me, because by the time we get to the last stop, they all smoke, and sorry but.. it stinks.

ReputationRep:
    You'd wake someone up if there were other seats available? If I was having a bad day and you woke me up because of that I'd honestly hit you in the face. Of course it is "unkind"... Idiots like you really irritate me.

ReputationRep:
    THIS.
    I'll probably never understand that.

As for the thread, it's not unkind, although I would just leave people alone if there were other places to sit. I put my gym bag on the seat if the bus is somewhat empty, just because it's too big...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.