Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    The majority of this board makes generalisations about Islam and black people, yet if someone is trying to defend Islam they are attacked.

And lol at all the ignorant white people trying to undermine a thread just because it defends islam for a change, your basically the same as hitler, so get the **** outta MY country because we don't want bigots here....

a white friend once told me, "not every terrorist is a muslim, but every muslim is a terrorist" he then defended himself by claiming it was a 'joke'

well here's a 'joke' of my own : not every ignorant dumbass is white, but every white person is an ignorant dumbass

I suppose you guys will find it hilarious, and tell any white person in this thread that is offended to "get over it" as it's just banter....no?

Godwin's law.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you completley OP.

The funny thing is, as you say, you have not experianced any hatred towards you in real life, but it's funny how these racist scum suddeny find a voice and opinion once there logged in behind their computers....

I feel that this country is going backwards, any progress we made to eradicating racism is rapidly being undone..

Most white males I speak to (im not muslim but im black) openly tell me how they think islam is evil, I've even spoken to some army lads (friends of mine) that have actaully laughed at the fact that muslim children have died...

yeah pretty shocking right?
    I agree with this,

People kid themselves into thinking the media does nothing and doesn't affect people but it does. Maybe at one point we were very tolerant. In fact I was told that at one point people across the world saw Islam as a religion of peace. Ha. How times have changed eh? But thanks to the media where going back in time as you said.

As for those soldiers, they say those things and laugh because deep down they know they're fighting a pointless war and need something to fight for not that I'm defending them.

ReputationRep:
    The majority of this board makes generalisations about Islam and black people, yet if someone is trying to defend Islam they are attacked.

And lol at all the ignorant white people trying to undermine a thread just because it defends islam for a change, your basically the same as hitler, so get the **** outta MY country because we don't want bigots here....

a white friend once told me, "not every terrorist is a muslim, but every muslim is a terrorist" he then defended himself by claiming it was a 'joke'

well here's a 'joke' of my own : not every ignorant dumbass is white, but every white person is an ignorant dumbass

I suppose you guys will find it hilarious, and tell any white person in this thread that is offended to "get over it" as it's just banter....no?
    I sense dishonesty about your 'friend'
    So you think the way to stop 'white people' making generalisations about islam is to do the same about them? The reason muslims get attacked like this is because they try to superimpose islam on everyone, and get irritated and get into an endless flame war. Although its part of Islam (and Christanity and many other religions) to preach your religion to everyone, the internet is not the way, since your talking to people you don't know, and know nothing about you, which brings about cynicism and skepticism, which although may seem unjustified, is actually understandable. Imagine if somebody started questioning and challenging Islam? Wouldn't you be annoyed, well so would an atheist because your challenging their beliefs. As a Muslim, I think other Muslims need to think more openly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.