Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many of you eat food that isn't yours? And be HONEST! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't.

If you really want to know who's stealing it, put laxatives in it. And keep an eye on the bathroom.

ReputationRep:
    i did for the first time the other day!
    i made a cup of tea, realised our milk was out of date so stole some of our flatmates. to be fair though we're pretty good with milk, we just kinda help ourselves to each others... whichever one is going out of date first kinda thing!
    i'd never steal actual food.. i'd feel too guilty!
    i have had half a bag of frozen roast potatoes stolen though, literally who eats half a bag of potatoes?! what is with some people

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps have a look round:
    http://www.gumtree.com/freebies

People usually have alot of free household items that they give away due to them getting new ones. Might find something near you ?
    http://www.gumtree.com/cgi-bin/list_...om&ubercat=120

ReputationRep:
    No, and it has only happened to me once, someone drank some of my milk. I do keep chocolate and crisps in my room though, but everything else is in the kitchen and I've had no trouble.

ReputationRep:
    Often. My friends are very generous. :L Nah, I'm not a student yet so I'm still at the "I'll swap you half of your Wotsits for half of this popcorn." stage. Although nobody ever eats Wotsits anymore... But when I am a student I will rage if anyone nicks my food. :L I wouldn't steal theirs either.

ReputationRep:
    Noooo! I only ever eat my own food. If I don't have enough food in, I don't eat or I buy my own. I do eye up tasty looking things on other shelves of the fridge, but I just make a mental note to pick up my own next time I go shopping.

ReputationRep:
    No, never, and I really really hate people who do. This girl I'm friends with at another uni admitted that she does it like all the time and was laughing it off and now I severely dislike her purely for that. It's worse than stealing from a shop tbh.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I ever took of my flatmate's is a little bit of milk just to put in my tea, because mine was off.. but I left her a chocolate to say thank you

Three of my flatmates were fine and never took anything, but one of the lads used to steal loads, and just not tell us. I had to go without breakfast soo many times because him and his friends (not even from halls!) had been into the flat during the night and take mine and the other girls food. It doesn't get better, you just have to try and store as much in your room as you possibly can, and maybe get a mini fridge for the things that need to be kept cool xx

ReputationRep:
    Put everything possible in bottles and put one of these on them. That way, it would deter people, and they couldn't use the excuse of being drunk to take your milk.

ReputationRep:
    i posted a note in the kitchen that said "who ever steals someone else's food,. pedobear is molesting another braincell.. please stop as there are way to many Rtards in this world ..not to mention the fact that a ninja is watching you" because somebody was and apparently still eatin my stuff ( if only they ask cuz i would not say not.. to chocolate milk/tea/milk but stealin is just pissin me off. ) .. and i tried to put some laxatives in the milk .. she/he drank it .. but nothin happened =))

ReputationRep:
    I used to pinch a bit of milk for tea sometimes, usually cos someone else had drunk all mine. Maybe a tea bag or something. Would never take anything else though - I just don't get why people think it's ok.

ReputationRep:
    Very very rare, am 27 now and only did it once or twice when I was 17, about once when 21, and once when 25.

I did it when I was really really stressed, was hungry and/or angry and wanted to do something to get a bit of attention for once and to say I wasnt a walk over.

Anyway pretty much every student property I have lived in last 3 years have had food stolen, from small things 3 years ago, to entire weeks/fortnights shops in under a hour 2 years ago, to this year a lazy housemate who steals food because he cant be bothered walking to shops and only offers me ticket price for item, and not what its worth, ie buy one get one free drinks he steals and despite the buy one get one free offer being over he says he only has to replace or give cash for 1 of them, or I buy some food reduced from £5 to £1 he says he only as to give me £1 back.

And he thinks nothing of the fact I have to walk to shops and walk back with bags of shopping, but him being lazy justifies him taking my food.

ReputationRep:
    I nicked milk a coupla of times to put in my tea and I nicked an egg once. I had a shower afterwards but GODDAMIT I STILL FEEL FILTHY :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    I should say one of the worst things about stealing food, especially stuff like milk is sometimes I buy it and then dont use it for a few days, then come to open it thinking it will be fresh as its unopened to find it opened and off therefore I have to pour an entire bottle down the sink minus what was stolen.

ReputationRep:
    Some bast*rd ate one of my packs of beef mince, and another of chicken breast fillets.... then somehow ALL my onions are gone :lolwut: don't know what someone did with 5 onions in the space of 4 days....
    Sometimes the odd crunch corner goes missing... always the toffee loops!

I'd never do that tho... I did take an onion from a guy, but that's cause I knew he'd used about 6 of mine over the last 8 weeks.
    I also used some salad cream that wasn't mine, but only a tiny bit! There's been some aero dessert yoghurts in the fridge for 2 weeks and they're so tempting but I'm not that cruel!

ReputationRep:
    I miss halls, opening up the fridge... never knowing what wonderous delights you could hide on your person before army rolling back to your room - then reaping the reward.

(Original post by Claire_Spoon)
      I nicked a little bit of someones milk the other day...

I'm very sorry, I don't like black coffee. :cry:
      Hey, so did I. :five:
      • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
      I have once because I ran out of butter and my food shop was arriving 2 days later :ninja: But I only used a small bit to butter my toast :puppyeyes:

But I would be really annoyed if someone proper stole my food. Luckily all my flatmates seem to recognise that it's not theirs, and we're all quite good about it

ReputationRep:
      In my halls mini fridges were banned, but yeah the ice box thing could work. Thing is though, you shouldn't have to. In the winter things like milk kept fine on my windowsill. It is just people who have no morals that steal food. I confronted all my flatmates individually and they just lied to my face. Some of it was just shocking though, once I bought one flatmate a tub of Ben & Jerry's because she was upset, we went to the shop for literally 30 mins and when we got back it was completely gone and the packet was empty in the bin. I knew who did it because she was the only one left in the flat whilst we were gone, but she just told big fat lies when confronted.

ReputationRep:
      We were super careful what we put in the fridge cos another girl kept her vaginal hormone rings in the vegetable drawer.

My flatmate now is awesome - we have our own milk but if we run out we just nick each others til one of us goes to the shop.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.