Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Shall I get an iPhone 4 or Blackberry Bold? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Get the iPhone 4. I own one. It's destroys the BB.

ReputationRep:
    The iphone is soo much better than a blackberry.... The only good thing about a blackberry is bbm.

I recomend the Virgin Lobster....if thats even a phone.......

ReputationRep:
    In terms of computing power the Bold is awful by comparison, but some would argue it's a much better phone. Battery life is certainly excellent. But if you like the usability of touchscreens then you'd be better off with an iPhone 4, a HTC Desire Z, a HTC Desire HD, a Samsung Galaxy S or perhaps even a HTC Desire. All of those match the iPhone 4 spec wise and you may find that you prefer Android to iOS once you give it a try.

ReputationRep:
    iPhones are for pricks. Then again, you probably have no other use for hundreds of pounds so go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacke02)
    Really? Apparently they should work for about 1.5 days of moderate use (where most smartphones last a day). I bought a samsung omnia 7 and im pretty disapointed with the battery life... then again i can just buy another battery :P
    My iPhone 4 lasts a day, and I would say I only use it moderately. It is an improvement on the 3gs but I doubt mine would last 1.5days
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I wonder why the iPhone last so little. It has a small screen, no 'real' multitasking, no widgets and is super optimised for the OS. What the heck sucks the battery :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    What have apple done about the signal problem?
    I'm thinking about buying one, but dont want to lose signal everytime i hold it in the bottom left corner
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciet2009)
    What have apple done about the signal problem?
    I'm thinking about buying one, but dont want to lose signal everytime i hold it in the bottom left corner
    Nothing. But it seems to affect only some devices to different levels.

ReputationRep:
    1) You need to figure out what kind of a phone you want, not "I want something popular". There is absolutely nothing in common between an iPhone 4 (touchscreen) and a Blackberry Bold (full keyboard).
    2) If your previous iPhone was so crap that it isn't working properly after only a year, do you really want a new one straight away??

ReputationRep:
    Blackberry. I've tried the iphone 4 - it is nothing special

ReputationRep:
    They're both ridiculously overpriced.

But Blackberry's are useless except for BBM,
    and both Android and iPhones have apps that replicate the function of BBM

I'd recommend an Android,

but out of the two you offered.... iPhone definitely.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MostCompetitive)
    Blackberry. I've tried the iphone 4 - it is nothing special
    What does BB do that's special for someone who's not working in a business environment?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Obviously you'll mention BBM like every other BB user

Because the truth is after that, BB's are pathetic.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.