Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help, its happening all over again! :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There is a guy who I have known for 2 years now (over the internet), and last year I started to talk to him as a friend on fb. Long story cut short, it got to a point where he wanted to meet me in person and go onto the next stage by making it into a solid relationship. That for me was a shock and I got really worried because he can be patronising at times. So I told him last year that we should stop talking and that I dont ever want to talk to him again. He got rrally mad and said it wasnt fair. Still I left.
    So basically because you found him "patronising" at times, you don't want to talk
    to him again?

You're either immature and/disturbing.

See I think you make snap judgements on people (you want proof? Exhibit A: The guy she speaks about)

That is hardly fair.

It's also hardly fair on the guy you're making the topic about. Although I believe that you HARDLY care about that guy. I think you're one of the people who "believe what they wanna believe" as I'd say. You think what you want and let nothing stand in your way.

Please tell me I'm right, I'm right, right?

You said that (and I quote)
    So I told him last year that we should stop talking and that I dont ever want to talk to him again. He got rrally mad and said it wasnt fair. Still I left.
    Because that you found him patronising you left him.

Yeah you're just a *****. No way around it.

Judging from what YOU said. NOT ANYONE ELSE.

It makes you seem like a ***** (which is my evidence, just in case someone wants to -rep me for calling the ***** a *****)

If the guy is still with you, he clearly cares about you.

You should stick with him, 'cause after what you have posted in here, I can't see anyone else WANTING to be with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gjaykay)
    So basically because you found him "patronising" at times, you don't want to talk
    to him again?

You're either immature and/disturbing.

See I think you make snap judgements on people (you want proof? Exhibit A: The guy she speaks about)

That is hardly fair.

It's also hardly fair on the guy you're making the topic about. Although I believe that you HARDLY care about that guy. I think you're one of the people who "believe what they wanna believe" as I'd say. You think what you want and let nothing stand in your way.

Please tell me I'm right, I'm right, right?

You said that (and I quote)

Because that you found him patronising you left him.

Yeah you're just a *****. No way around it.

Judging from what YOU said. NOT ANYONE ELSE.

It makes you seem like a ***** (which is my evidence, just in case someone wants to -rep me for calling the ***** a *****)

If the guy is still with you, he clearly cares about you.

You should stick with him, 'cause after what you have posted in here, I can't see anyone else WANTING to be with you.
    bravo

ReputationRep:
    No need to block him... Just put him in a list and set your privacy settings so that he cannot write on or wall.. and turn that list off in chat... SO that he can't contact you easily, I think he should get the message...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlehobbit)
    Re-accepting him was fine, and catching up last night by chatting was also fine. Just don't talk to him much more if you don't want what happened last time to happen again. Just ignore him if he pops up on chat. Just because he's on your friends list, doesn't mean you need to talk all the time or even at all!
    This, just to respond to his messages so much, hell even ignore him once in a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DopplerEffect)
    No need to block him... Just put him in a list and set your privacy settings so that he cannot write on or wall.. and turn that list off in chat... SO that he can't contact you easily, I think he should get the message...
    or just tell him 'he's patronising' and she doesn't want contact?

you do know he's a real person? you know the ones with feelings?

the guy has done nothing wrong and invested so much time into this. do him a favour and not be childish and be straight with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vee3)

the guy has done nothing wrong and invested so much time into this. do him a favour and not be childish and be straight with him.
    For all we know, because he's over the internet, he could be an empty shell of a boy, devoid of feeling, emotion or anything of any note.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vee3)

He can still send her messages for contact.. From one point of view you are right..
    but from the other point of view, how do we know that he doesn't only want a one night thing (or worse), maybe it is a fake profile, (OP only knows him over internet)..
    Sorry, I know I am being paranoid, but after so many incidents over facebook in our country, i can't help it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DopplerEffect)
    He can still send her messages for contact.. From one point of view you are right..
    but from the other point of view, how do we know that he doesn't only want a one night thing (or worse), maybe it is a fake profile, (OP only knows him over internet)..
    Sorry, I know I am being paranoid, but after so many incidents over facebook in our country, i can't help it...
    read my prior post.

Why do people seem to think 'bad people' only exist online? and anyone online must be bad? are you a bad person? are you going to rape me if we meet tommorow?

chances are very low. Why can't people seem to get that through their thick skulls?

It's like being afraid to fly because you heard of a plane crash in the news, it made the news for a reason because it is rare.

let's assume the worst, the guy over the internet is 'fake' (even if OP has given ZERO indication just he can be patronising)

what do you do? you take precautions. you meet in a public area, meet him at a train station where there are people/CCTV's, go to a coffee stop - get to know him "in real life" and tell a friend where you are, etc ..

if you don't want to do that - be honest with the guy. He's been talking for 2 years, and OP has been leading him on from the sounds of it, (Why bother talking if you have no intention to meet) just say I'm sorry, I can't handle this.

Don't be a child and be like uh oh "block and delete"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TranceEnergy1989)
    Well from what i have witnessed in all the time i have been here, London girls are the worst but the country as a whole has a problem.
    Girls in london though seem to think they are above anyone else, not all of course but i say the majority that i know anyway....it's odd because when i talk to foreign women they are so open and happy to talk to you...says a lot really.
    it's cause we've got it going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vee3)
    read my prior post.

Why do people seem to think 'bad people' only exist online? and anyone online must be bad? are you a bad person? are you going to rape me if we meet tommorow?

chances are very low. Why can't people seem to get that through their thick skulls?

It's like being afraid to fly because you heard of a plane crash in the news, it made the news for a reason because it is rare.

let's assume the worst, the guy over the internet is 'fake' (even if OP has given ZERO indication just he can be patronising)

what do you do? you take precautions. you meet in a public area, meet him at a train station where there are people/CCTV's, go to a coffee stop - get to know him "in real life" and tell a friend where you are, etc ..

if you don't want to do that - be honest with the guy. He's been talking for 2 years, and OP has been leading him on from the sounds of it, (Why bother talking if you have no intention to meet) just say I'm sorry, I can't handle this.

Don't be a child and be like uh oh "block and delete"
    hmm........
    I get your point....

ReputationRep:
    Follow your gut feeling/ instinct and just don't get involved chatting to him again. You're not under any obligation to speak to him or to keep him as a facebook 'friend', so there's no need to put any pressure on yourself, especially if he makes you feel that uncomfortable. You obviously stopped talking to him for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    My god (Lord Xenu), what would one do without tsr when one is in complete desperation!
    "tsr, we don't just provide forums, we save peoples lives!"

ReputationRep:
    Wow, what a *****.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.